Start by marking “Game Over (Sisterhood, #17)” as Want to Read:
Game Over (Sisterhood, #17)

Game Over (Sisterhood #17)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,893 Ratings  ·  97 Reviews
Fighting for what's right, the Sisterhood has taken on formidable opponents. The time has come to secure the pardon promised by President Martine Connor. They've waited for her to honour her word - and now the time has come for action.
Published March 1st 2010 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Game Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game Over

Julie
Aug 11, 2010 Julie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Somebody needs to tell Ferm Michaels enough all ready!!! I am over amazed that this is the 17th in a series that pits a handful of vigilante women against men who done them wrong. Fern's writing is stilted and forced-and the characters are -there's no other word for it-bitchy. Why did I read it? Have you every had a good friend who guaranteed you that, if you just give this book a chance 'I promise it will be better than the first one you read?" Well, it wasn't. AND THERE'S ANOTHER ONE COMING OU ...more
Heather
I claime Sisterhood binge reading as the reason behind why it took me sooo long to finish and only gave a 3 stars. I read the previous 16 books back to back so when I got to this one I honestly couldn't take anymore. Not to say its a bad book just that too many back to back books with basically the same plot and drama happinging found my breaking point. I might reread this later..way later but for now I put it to rest.

As for the review portion....Most of it has been reviewed before the books bee
Rhonda
Dec 17, 2014 Rhonda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Game over should be the review .. I have another 2 or 3 downloaded on my ipod or it would be Game over for this series. what started as a justice and revenge series ... now they are just annoying terrorists. I am very annoyed by them always saying they can do anything because they are woman. blah blah blah. I think they have ran that into the ground ... and their infinite supply of money is really unlikely. bottomline is this series stopped being good a long time ago and looking forward to getti ...more
Laurel
Oct 09, 2010 Laurel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the worst book I have ever read voluntarily. Perhaps if I had read the earlier books in the series, I might have known what was going on in this book. As it was, I couldn't imagine caring about one single character in the story, nor about whether any character lived or died. I hated this book.

I bought "Game Over" because I was traveling and I ran out of reading material—a Wal-Mart was next to our motel in Canon City Colorado. This was the only book I thought I might possibly read, but it
Carol
Mar 02, 2016 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read most of the Sisterhood books up through this one and always was rooting for the girls to receive a pardon, but now that they've attained their goal, it almost seems anticlimatic on retrospect. I'm hoping that when I read the next book in the series that the sisters are all reunited and back into obtaining justice in their own way. It will be interesting to see the relationships develop, the pregnancies, and the friendships. Should be interesting. The roles of Charles and Myra has bee ...more
Andrea Coelho
I have been disappointed in the last few books in this series. I keep reading because I have invested so much time to the books that I am hoping they get back to the writing that originally got me hooked. What I like about this series is that it introduces topics of injustice and the Sisterhood goes about finding a solution. What I dislike is that there is so much time spent on the backstory and when it gets to the point in the book that justice is finally happening it feels as though it is summ ...more
Kathy Davie
Dec 09, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People needing examples of bad writing
Shelves: suspense
Seventeenth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series revolving around a group of seven women eager to find justice for those the legal system abandons.

My Take
Michaels takes on the value of keeping one's promises. President Martine Connor has been very slack in this respect and plans a betrayal against her best friend.

You'd think that a couple who has been sleeping together and, according to earlier installments, having a good time, would have already figured out how the other likes to sleep
Nancy L. Smiralia
The Best Book in the Sisterhood Series

I have read all of the Sisterhood books up through this one and always was rooting for the girls to receive a pardon, but now that they've attained their goal, it almost seems anticlimatic on retrospect. I'm hoping that when I read the next book in the series that the sisters are all reunited and back into obtaining justice in their own way.
Mary Follis
Mar 21, 2016 Mary Follis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pardons were promised to the Sisterhood a few books ago....in this installment, they finally get them. There is a teaser from the next Sisterhood book, so this isn't the end of the series. I like them, but I found this one repetitive in several places. The characters are good, but let's have them do something unexpected--I mean, can Jack and Harry arguing get any dumber?
Alice Harbin
Well, if this doesn't beat all! The sisterhood appears to have lived out it's life. It's no longer a secret society, but something tells me they aren't gone yet. Everyone is accounted for and has a new lease on life; much improved. No more romancing behind closed doors. Engagements and wedding plans,even a baby on the way makes for the good life for everyone.
Jenni
Jul 31, 2010 Jenni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started reading the Sisterhood Series in '08. This is book #17. I read the first 8 or 9 of them, then missed books 10-14. While I am curious as to where she goes with the storyline after this book, she has lost something of the spirit that drew me to the series in the first place. I am not sure I will continue to read the series after the next book, and I will only read that out of sheer curiousity.

She has added so many characters that she's constantly reminding readers of who the characters a
ericka adams
Great series

Great series always what to know what Those girls will do next!! Not every Writer has the gift to continue a series that keep readers enthralled throu out every book but this is one of those that have u wondering and eager to see what's next in the lives of these powerful women !!!!
Nikki
May 30, 2010 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Sisterhood series
Recommended to Nikki by: friends
I was pleasantly surprised. I had grown tired of the Sisterhood Series, and more or less was forcing myself to continue reading each new one when it came out. With the last several books I had been disappointed, feeling as though Fern was beating a dead horse - they were all starting to sound the same to me - nothing really new. I felt that she had worn out her welcome with this series - I was like "end it already!" I felt it was just going to go and on forever - and that with each book she was ...more
Pj
Maybe I am getting tired of the series but I think this book wasn't as exciting as the others I have read. Mostly it was about the different couples and not enough of the planning and action of the girls solving problems. Still a good series with a different twist.
Sara Smith
This book was a bit different from the others in the series. It's more focused on celebrating good things rather than concentrating on revenge. They start to think about how to get even w/the President for not pardoning them yet, but it becomes a non-issue.

Char
I am not a fan of a multitude of characters in the first few chapters. There are so many characters to keep track of that it overshadows the plot. Not finishing this one....I'm moving on.....
Sharon Smartt
Another in the series. Some surprises. There are 26 books in this series and I have been reading this series for several years. Will continue but plots getting old.
Kristen
This is another good book for the Sisterhood Vigilante series--it's also the final book in the series. The Sisterhood Vigilantes waits to get their pardons signed and delivered. But there's a dilemma, a setup and some snafus. In the end, they played their final part for justice at the White House to obtain their freedom. Everyone gets a happy ending from engagements to expecting babies in all the players involved in this series. Bravo! (Now I'll be reading the earlier books in the series in the ...more
Dee Tighe
Dec 05, 2015 Dee Tighe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good suspense
Allen
Feb 16, 2014 Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#17 in The Sisterhood series.
Damera Blincoe
Aug 18, 2015 Damera Blincoe rated it really liked it
I love these books.
Julie Barrett
Jun 05, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Game Over by Fern Michaels
Fighting for what's right although they are on the wrong side, it's a worthwhile fight.
Myra and Charles are getting married and now they fight for the pardon they were promised.
The woman practice on the stripper pole to win one of their grandmother's set of pearls.
Lot of investigations take place from both the women and the men and they all come together
at the end.
Lots of surprises all around...
Brenda Benoit
Finally! I feel like things will finally start moving forward instead of stalled in place as the past several books have been. I was definitely back and forth on whether I felt Martine could be trusted or not and I like where her story is going now. My biggest complaint - enough with the idiotic arguing between Jack and Harry as it is getting downright tiresome. I'm actually looking forward to reading the next book.
Jeanette
Mar 29, 2012 Jeanette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it, love it! Charles and Myra are now married (finally!!), Lizzie has great news and really, in fact the entire group gets wonderful news! Although I read them out of order (finished 18 first) it wasn't difficult to follow. Glad I was able to snatch #19 & #20 from the library so I can now finally complete the series. Will be sad to see it end. I've become so attatched to the characters, I feel like I know them. :)
Carol  MacInnis
Jul 16, 2011 Carol MacInnis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
'Game Over' by Fern Michaels was a wonderful rendition of how the Sisterhood rallied together for their friend and ally, Lizzie Fox. Lizzie is on the short list to becoming seated on the Supreme Court. But the girls are afraid for Lizzie because of her ties with the vigilantes and if it will hinder her changes and also they are worried about a possible delay in the pardon promised to them by the President.

Julie
Mar 18, 2014 Julie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not worth reading unless you have read the earlier books in the series
Arlene
I picked up this book to read on a plane and that worked. I wish I had read some of the previous books in this series before picking up this one. That said, I did enjoy the story of the vigilantes and how they were planning on getting some promised pardons from the President of the United States. I think I will go to the used book store and try to find some of the earlier stories.
Bob
Aug 03, 2010 Bob rated it liked it
A bit of lighter reading as the Vigilanties are awaiting their pardon from the President and it looks as if it may not be forthcoming. There is a rumor that Liz will be nominated to fill a soon to be vacant Supreme Court seat, but..... The vigilanties and co-horts make plans to make the outcomes are in ther favor. Fun, quick reading
Mindy
Jan 22, 2014 Mindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked it
Patricia Solla
Jul 30, 2012 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Lizzie Fox has started working for the president. Now rumors are going that she may be up for nomination to the Supreme Court. Meanwhile the women are waiting on their presidential pardons they have been promised. There's a lot of gossip going around and things are not all that they seem.
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7)
  • Sooner or Later
  • No Ordinary Man
  • Taking a Stand
  • The Price (Bitter Creek, #4)
  • Lost Legacy (Treasure Seekers #1)
  • Bad Karma
  • Lover in the Rough
  • Cruel Intent (Ali Reynolds, #4)
  • The Renegades (Charlie Hood, #2)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8) (Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus