Game Over (Sisterhood, #17)

Game Over (Sisterhood #17)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  1,332 ratings  ·  80 reviews
Fighting for what's right, the Sisterhood has taken on formidable opponents. The time has come to secure the pardon promised by President Martine Connor. They've waited for her to honour her word - and now the time has come for action.
Published March 1st 2010 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Game Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game Over

Julie
Somebody needs to tell Ferm Michaels enough all ready!!! I am over amazed that this is the 17th in a series that pits a handful of vigilante women against men who done them wrong. Fern's writing is stilted and forced-and the characters are -there's no other word for it-bitchy. Why did I read it? Have you every had a good friend who guaranteed you that, if you just give this book a chance 'I promise it will be better than the first one you read?" Well, it wasn't. AND THERE'S ANOTHER ONE COMING OU...more
Heather  * is reading like crazy*
I claime Sisterhood binge reading as the reason behind why it took me sooo long to finish and only gave a 3 stars. I read the previous 16 books back to back so when I got to this one I honestly couldn't take anymore. Not to say its a bad book just that too many back to back books with basically the same plot and drama happinging found my breaking point. I might reread this later..way later but for now I put it to rest.

As for the review portion....Most of it has been reviewed before the books bee...more
Laurel
This is the worst book I have ever read voluntarily. Perhaps if I had read the earlier books in the series, I might have known what was going on in this book. As it was, I couldn't imagine caring about one single character in the story, nor about whether any character lived or died. I hated this book.

I bought "Game Over" because I was traveling and I ran out of reading material—a Wal-Mart was next to our motel in Canon City Colorado. This was the only book I thought I might possibly read, but it...more
Kathy Davie
Dec 09, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People needing examples of bad writing
Shelves: suspense
Seventeenth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series revolving around a group of seven women eager to find justice for those the legal system abandons.

My Take
Michaels takes on the value of keeping one's promises. President Martine Connor has been very slack in this respect and plans a betrayal against her best friend.

You'd think that a couple who has been sleeping together and, according to earlier installments, having a good time, would have already figured out how the other likes to sleep...more
Jenni
I started reading the Sisterhood Series in '08. This is book #17. I read the first 8 or 9 of them, then missed books 10-14. While I am curious as to where she goes with the storyline after this book, she has lost something of the spirit that drew me to the series in the first place. I am not sure I will continue to read the series after the next book, and I will only read that out of sheer curiousity.

She has added so many characters that she's constantly reminding readers of who the characters a...more
Nikki
May 30, 2010 Nikki rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Sisterhood series
Recommended to Nikki by: friends
I was pleasantly surprised. I had grown tired of the Sisterhood Series, and more or less was forcing myself to continue reading each new one when it came out. With the last several books I had been disappointed, feeling as though Fern was beating a dead horse - they were all starting to sound the same to me - nothing really new. I felt that she had worn out her welcome with this series - I was like "end it already!" I felt it was just going to go and on forever - and that with each book she was...more
Kristen
This is another good book for the Sisterhood Vigilante series--it's also the final book in the series. The Sisterhood Vigilantes waits to get their pardons signed and delivered. But there's a dilemma, a setup and some snafus. In the end, they played their final part for justice at the White House to obtain their freedom. Everyone gets a happy ending from engagements to expecting babies in all the players involved in this series. Bravo! (Now I'll be reading the earlier books in the series in the...more
Allen
#17 in The Sisterhood series.
Julie Barrett
Game Over by Fern Michaels
Fighting for what's right although they are on the wrong side, it's a worthwhile fight.
Myra and Charles are getting married and now they fight for the pardon they were promised.
The woman practice on the stripper pole to win one of their grandmother's set of pearls.
Lot of investigations take place from both the women and the men and they all come together
at the end.
Lots of surprises all around...
Jeanette
Love it, love it! Charles and Myra are now married (finally!!), Lizzie has great news and really, in fact the entire group gets wonderful news! Although I read them out of order (finished 18 first) it wasn't difficult to follow. Glad I was able to snatch #19 & #20 from the library so I can now finally complete the series. Will be sad to see it end. I've become so attatched to the characters, I feel like I know them. :)
Carol  MacInnis
'Game Over' by Fern Michaels was a wonderful rendition of how the Sisterhood rallied together for their friend and ally, Lizzie Fox. Lizzie is on the short list to becoming seated on the Supreme Court. But the girls are afraid for Lizzie because of her ties with the vigilantes and if it will hinder her changes and also they are worried about a possible delay in the pardon promised to them by the President.

Julie
Not worth reading unless you have read the earlier books in the series
Arlene
I picked up this book to read on a plane and that worked. I wish I had read some of the previous books in this series before picking up this one. That said, I did enjoy the story of the vigilantes and how they were planning on getting some promised pardons from the President of the United States. I think I will go to the used book store and try to find some of the earlier stories.
Bob
A bit of lighter reading as the Vigilanties are awaiting their pardon from the President and it looks as if it may not be forthcoming. There is a rumor that Liz will be nominated to fill a soon to be vacant Supreme Court seat, but..... The vigilanties and co-horts make plans to make the outcomes are in ther favor. Fun, quick reading
Patricia Solla
Lizzie Fox has started working for the president. Now rumors are going that she may be up for nomination to the Supreme Court. Meanwhile the women are waiting on their presidential pardons they have been promised. There's a lot of gossip going around and things are not all that they seem.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Another good book in the Sisterhood series. I must say after 17 books I am ready to see if and how it will end. These characters are ones I have come to love and I enjoy following their stories. I definately recommend this series and all of the individual books add so much to it!
Denise Krieger
I love Fern Michaels Sisterhood series...that being said, though I do love the series, i also find her writing to be awkward at times, wording often goes around the block before getting to a point, but that doesn't really matter to me b/c I do like the whole IDEA behind the Sisterhood :)
Ruth
According to my kindle, I've read this book. Seems I read it in the past 2 months, but the thing is I can't remember anything about it, even after reading a summary of the book. So, unfortunately I cannot rate this book. My freinds will get a real kick of this!!!
Pam McCauley
What a disappointment. I have been waiting and looking forward to the climax of adventures of the "sisters". I thought this one would be the most exciting book yet and kept waiting for the "inevitale" problems to occur. Nothing, repeat, "nothing" happened for me!!
Joanie
The Sisterhood or the "vigilantes" want their pardons from the U.S. president. Will they pull off their scheme? Global Securities is there to help the women and they did work well together. A little slow at first but the book got better as you read on.
Truitti
I wonder how she will deal with the next book. I find some book series weird when everything is happy ever after for all the major characters. That isn't life. But this is a guilty pleasure after an intense read of a previous book
Michelle
This one was just ok i love the sisterhood series but this one was surely lacking and just a rote novel in the series like a book was churned out just to put one out. Left me not caring too much what happens in the future books .
Linda Raines
Different

Gave it a four rating due to I felt it was just above an average read. The plot seemed disorganized at times.
Julie
This is the story line I have been waiting for for so long and it was finally here but I as I said before, this series has lost it's appeal a long time ago. The suspense of the missions have been lost but yet I keep reading...
Linda
The title says it all. I think it's time for game over allright....this series has gone on long enough. Looks like there's still another one to read "Cross Roads" but if there's more after that, I quit.
Lyra
Dec 04, 2011 Lyra marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
I couldn't finish this one. I didn't connect with any of the characters by 1/3 of the way through. This was the first one of this series I tried. I may have liked it better if I knew the characters already.
Marnie
Finally the sisterhood have their freedom! But I am a bit skeptical as to what is going to happen as there is 2 more books to the series. I did like this book, not the best in the series though.
Joanne
I was worried that this sister's series was coming to an end by the name of the book. I'm really glad to see that it' not.
Enjoyed this book and can't wait until the next in this series.
Joyce
Wasn't one of my favorites! Took me awhile to plow through it. Guess I'm getting used to action packed thrillers. It was a good book, just not one I would pick up again to read.
  • Always Dakota (Dakota, #3)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • Bodily Harm (David Sloane, #3)
  • Commitments
  • Home Again (Chesapeake Diaries #2)
  • Cruel Intent (Ali Reynolds, #4)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)