Start by marking “Disobedience Means Death (Rymellan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Disobedience Means Death (Rymellan, #1)

Disobedience Means Death (Rymellan #1)

Lesley and Mo can't imagine life without each other. If it were up to them, they'd settle down, raise daughters, and lead happy, fulfilled lives. But they live on the planet Rymel, in a strict society that selects life-mates for its citizens and executes those who violate their life-bonds.

Girlfriends since their teens, Lesley and Mo know they should break up but can't let
Published February 1st 2010 by Norn Publishing (first published 2010)

Protector of the Realm by Gun BrookeThe Temple at Landfall by Jane FletcherShadows of Aggar by Chris Anne WolfePast Imperfect by Fletcher DeLanceyThe Walls of Westernfort by Jane Fletcher
Lesbian Sci-Fi
34th out of 113 books — 61 voters
The Caphenon by Fletcher DeLanceyAmmonite by Nicola GriffithSanta Olivia by Jacqueline CareyAdaptation by Malinda LoIsland in the Sea of Time by S.M. Stirling
Lesbian and Bisexual Women (etc) Sci Fi
22nd out of 126 books — 65 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda
May 04, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, scifi, series, glbtq
This type of book is exactly the reason I collect review requests year-round from indie authors and publishers and then select a few to review the next year. It gives me a bookstore style shelf of indie books to browse through, letting me find unique books that i might otherwise have missed. This read like feel-good chick lit, only set on another planet in a strict society with a female/female main romance, and the ending left me clamoring for the next book in the series.

One thing that really st
Victoria Zagar
Rymellan Series Review

I love dystopian fiction and F/F romance, so this series has been on my to-read list for quite some time. While it was totally not what I expected at all, all the surprises were good ones. The world-building is solid, the romance believable, and I was actually invested in the characters and their way of life a great deal.

One thing that makes this series stand out from the slew of dystopian fiction we have nowadays is that the characters are happy to live in their world, and
Dina
May 13, 2010 Dina rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was my second "first-reads" book and I was excited about getting it and couldn't wait to start reading it. It took me longer than I expected due to my own book club obligations.

I was intrigued by the subject matter of the book and could relate it to today's battle for same sex marriages in the fact that if your same oriented then you could be together with whomever you wanted to be with but in the end someone else makes the decision on who your "Chosen" one will be.

The struggles that these
Julia
4.0 stars (GR problem with saving the rating).

This is a series of stories about Mo and Lesley, two young women who love each other. The first story occurs while they are teenagers and illustrates teen angst about going to a dance. The next episode is around applying to the military academy. The stories get progressively more serious as Mo and Lesley become adults and have to decide whether their relationship can continue. I found the book to be very powerful and emotionally wrenching.

The book is
Darlene
Dec 04, 2011 Darlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yvensong, Cheryl in CC NV, S. Michele, Kay Kuns
Recommended to Darlene by: An authors' online support group
What a marvelous book! Sarah Ettritch digs deep to explore her characters and articulates their emotions in ways most of us cannot. As I was reading this I wished she could mind-link with me and articulate MY emotions. Kudos for her abilities in building wonderful, believable characters.

I was not disappointed in the world and society of this sci-fi novel. What a nice break from the male dominated venue.

I think I can recommend this book for anyone to read. It is a book of love. It isn't erotica.
Jem
Mar 12, 2014 Jem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book surprised me. From the blurb I was expecting a speculative/ sci-fi book. It is that and more. Set against the backdrop of a futuristic Orweillian world is a beautiful YA romance.

Lesley and Mo have been best friends since forever. They naturally end up being defacto girlfriends as well in their teenage years. But Rymellan society only allows arranged marriages chosen by a council. Violation is punishable by death. And everything follows a strict timetable.

No one knows if Lesley and Mo
Asia Bey
Asia Bey rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2012
Rick F.
Rick F. rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2010
Sahar
Sahar rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2012
Daniel Hoenig
Daniel Hoenig rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2015
S0nnie
S0nnie rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2012
Sushipink
Sushipink rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2013
Nka300
Nka300 rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2016
Ace Pierre
Ace Pierre rated it did not like it
Dec 12, 2011
Sisu.Yvi
Sisu.Yvi rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2013
Liz Levy
Liz Levy rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2014
Adrian
Adrian rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Ulla
Ulla rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2011
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2011
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2011
Christie
Christie rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2014
Scott Meyer
Scott Meyer rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2013
P. Industry
P. Industry rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Zach
Zach rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Pauline allen
Pauline allen rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
Dmc
Dmc rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2012
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2012
3320728
Sarah Ettritch writes stories featuring strong female characters. Her protagonists are often lesbian.

Find her on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/settritch
More about Sarah Ettritch...

Rymellan (4 books)
  • Shattered Lives (Rymellan, #2)
  • The Triad (Rymellan, #3)
  • Identity Crisis: Story 19 (Rymellan, #4)