Start by marking “Reach for the Stars: and Other Advice for Life�s Journey” as Want to Read:
Reach for the Stars: and Other Advice for Life�s Journey

Reach for the Stars: and Other Advice for Life�s Journey

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Reach for the Stars is a wonderful way to encourage and congratulate those, regardless of age, who are celebrating a milestone…and feel ready to SPREAD THEIR WINGS AND FLY!

The young hero of Serge Bloch’s delightful Butterflies in My Stomach is back, along with his loyal dog Roger. Having mastered the first day of school, the two are embarking further on the perilous journe
Published April 6th 2010 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Reach for the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reach for the Stars

:Donna Marie
REACH FOR THE STARS: and Other Advice for Life's Journey Along the lines of OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!, YAY, YOU! and THE NORTH STAR, this appealingly illustrated book by Serge Bloch fits right in, giving you another great gift choice for graduates and the like.

Its message isn't unique in that way, but what is unique is the illustration style. When done well, the mix of photographs and line drawings make for very interesting visuals. If you're looking for a good book of encouragement, this is on
Skye Robinson
PB 25: What a wonderful book. I read this when I wasn't having the greatest of days and it cheered me right up. It reminded me of Oh the Places You'll go, which is my favorite book, so that was awesome. It teaches kids such a great lesson of picking yourself up when you get knocked down. Not to mention the illustrations are veryyyy peculiar but I loved it, very attention grabby.
Marcie
Subtitled "and Advice for Life's Journey" this graduation, retirement, or continuation little book uses figurative language (aka figures of speech) illustrated with pen and ink drawings with photography. I was surprised when I found it, but it makes a great comparison with The World is Your Oyster - Venn diagrams anyone?
E. Mellyberry
Bought it for my kids, and I ended up snatching it first and savoured it for a whole fifteen minutes. It was marvelous. The wisdom in such a simple illustrations and words. Good read.
Jessica Benson
This is one of my favorite books. I would use it at the beginning of the school year with any age student. It is a great inspirational book that will motivate children for the entire year.
Angela
Jun 15, 2010 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone with young children
This is a wonderful book to read to your children. It explains the ups and downs of life with euphemisms and quotes.
Autumn
It delivers a simple, yet concise message about life and what it entails to sail on a pursuit of one`s dreams.

Carlee
Great book for teaching that life has ups and downs and that you can push through those and succeed.
Keelee
Is this book too young for a 4th grader? I thought about giving it as a gift but wasn't sure.
Dana
Idioms with a story line and clever art.
Crystal
Filled with idioms about the journey of life.
Larayne
Larayne marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Hs
Hs marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Jacquie Carter
Jacquie Carter marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jul 04, 2014
Mobo
Mobo added it
Jun 03, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Fahula
Fahula marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Serge Bloch’s first children’s book, I Can’t Wait by Davide Cali, is an IBBY award winner and has sold more than 100,000 copies worldwide. His other credits include The Enemy, also written by Davide Cali, and several books he has written himself: Butterflies in My Stomach, You Are What You Eat, and Reach for the Stars. He divides his time between New York and Paris.
More about Serge Bloch...
Butterflies in My Stomach and Other School Hazards You Are What You Eat: and Other Mealtime Hazards Snowed Under and Other Christmas Confusions Sam and His Dad I Can't Wait