Start by marking “The Battle for Rondo (Rondo, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Battle for Rondo (Rondo, #3)

The Battle for Rondo (Rondo #3)

Peril awaits Leo and Mimi on their return to the fantastic world of Rondo.

With the help of Rondo's seven best witches and wizards, their friends have made plans to combat attacks of the Blue Queen. But it soon becomes clear that defence is no longer enough. The queen has a dragon on her side, and is plotting a terrible revenge on all those who have defied her.

A daring plan
Published 2009 by Scholastic

Hayley
Jul 18, 2016 Hayley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2014
This book is just great! I love Leo, he's a great character, and I love Mimi as well. It was fun to see them both mature over the trilogy, and it was fun to get to learn about Rondo.

It took me ages to get the book, a year!! It wasn't for sale anywhere in the USA, only Australia and New Zealand!
Vlasta
Oct 07, 2015 Vlasta rated it it was ok
Na poslední díl jsem se těšila. Ne proto, že by to už mělo končit, ale protože jsem čekala, že bude opravdu nejdobrodružnější ze všech. A taky že ano!
Když Leo s Mimi uvidí na hrací skříňce kouř vycházející z hradu Modré královny, neváhají a vydávají se do Ronda zjistit, o co jde. Nevysvětlená napadení, podivné chování zvířat a únosy je donutí jednat. Zatímco jedna polovina spojuje síly všech čarodějů a čarodějek Ronda, ta druhá se vydává najít někoho, kdo jim může pomoci v boji proti královně. K
Johnny Bennett
Let's start this by asking the question, why would a library system have two books in a series but the third book is only available as an audio book?
Battle for Rondo would probably be getting a four star rating if the paperback had been available. Instead, the audio book includes a narrator who does special voices for each character. A few of these voices are annoying enough that they may have added to my inattentiveness while listening. Overall, I feel this book could have been on par with the
Kat!e Larson
Jun 21, 2015 Kat!e Larson rated it really liked it
A perfect end to the trilogy (though I want more now... I would love to read about Mimi's adventures with the dragons.) I'm in love with the world, and I really love the characters. Spoiler was especially interesting, and I appreciated his relationship with both Leo and Hal.

I really love these stories. Emily Rodda never fails to entrance
Lynda
Mar 28, 2016 Lynda rated it it was amazing
I have loved this series, and couldn't wait to read the third and final 'Battle for Rondo'. I love this world that Rodda has created, and the plot and characters kept the pace moving. Wonderful for readers from upper primary onwards.
Bella Vickery
Aug 09, 2014 Bella Vickery rated it really liked it
Strong finish! The series started strong, took a slight dive, but overall ended very well. The book had twists and turns and kept your interest until the finale. Definitely worth a read!
Heidi
Jun 03, 2012 Heidi rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I found this to be a fitting end to the Rondo trilogy. Leo, Mimi, and crew are racing against the clock to beat the Blue Queen before she unleashes her evil plan to conquer Rondo and turn its inhabitants into her drones.

I found things a bit predictable with how everything was resolved but that didn't stop me from enjoying the story. My only complaint is that I couldn't find a print copy of the book anywhere. Not even used. I had to buy an audio copy of the book. I don't know why.

I'd say that the
Ada
Apr 07, 2015 Ada rated it it was amazing
I loved Freda I thought she was REALY funny and crazy
In my opinion I think it's the best book in the world! A.G.T
Nerida
Jun 22, 2016 Nerida rated it it was amazing
Emmily Rodda is a truly wonderful story-teller.
Cis4Celia
May 04, 2016 Cis4Celia rated it it was amazing
cant wait to re-read this
Alice Burke
Jul 14, 2015 Alice Burke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
AWESOME
Freckles
Jan 31, 2011 Freckles rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2different-world
V téhle sérii se mi nejvíc líbí jména... Rytíř Řinčíř, strážník Buďhodný, květinářka Kytka apod. :) Spousta věcí je tak nesmyslná, až je to geniální. Tajné díry, které se člověku nabídnou, když potřebuje schovat; kotlík, který se zlobí když ho necháte doma. Prostě úsměvné.
Alicia
Dec 31, 2012 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fantasy engaged teens
Shelves: emily-rodda
This book was an amazing end to the series and I can't believe how much detail was used that it made you feel like you were experiencing it first hand. It had the heros, the evil queen and the devius theif all of whom have creating a fantastic series.
Helen
Dec 26, 2010 Helen rated it liked it
Recommended to Helen by: I had been waiting for it to come into the library
I was glad to read this final book in the Rondo trilogy but didn't finds it as good as the first two.Still I had to read it to see how it all ended. The three books had a great concept for the story line and one that children would find appealing.
HanaBanana
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD this series when i was little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom
Mar 17, 2012 Tom rated it really liked it
This book was just as good as the last. Leo & Mimi learn more about Rondo & magic as they test there chances against the Blue Queen. I gave this book a 4 star because some times it went into that much detail that it got boring.
Matthew Sandstrom
Aug 14, 2012 Matthew Sandstrom rated it liked it
Quick notes:
Rodda has a terrible sense of humour.
The origin of Rondo was not explored enough - or at all, really.
I liked the characters enough to want to hear more about them.
The ending was abrupt.
Haley
Sep 30, 2013 Haley rated it it was amazing
I can't find this book anywhere!!! The first two were easy to find but if I want the third one I have to pay 60 bucks for the audio! Can anyone give me hints to where I can find a copy? PLEASE
Leeza Jayde
Jan 29, 2011 Leeza Jayde rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A spell-binding tale of great power, friendship and bravery; the ultimate ending to a stupendous trilogy that warmed my heart and brought many smiles to my face.
Jess
May 23, 2016 Jess rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, adventure
Absolutely amazing book. Complex but not too much that you have no idea what's going on, great characters and storyline. Definitely should read.
Crystal
Dec 10, 2011 Crystal rated it liked it
Shelves: ones-daddy-read
This book was definetly not as good as the other two rondo books, but i would recommend it you really didn't have anything to read.
Melissa Carter
Feb 10, 2012 Melissa Carter rated it really liked it
Emily Rodda finished this series well. Everything fit together and played out perfectly. Thats really all I have to say ;)
Gracie La
Apr 03, 2013 Gracie La rated it it was amazing
This book was a great deal better than the two others but it is a great book and is definitely worth reading the trilogy.
Ces
Mar 31, 2013 Ces rated it really liked it
All three books flowed from one to the next as expected from such a great writer. My children and I enjoyed reading the trilogy.
Rosandra
Jan 29, 2015 Rosandra rated it it was amazing
A very satisfying ending to the series. I'm sad that Leo and Mimi's adventures is Rondo are over.
William Wang
May 06, 2010 William Wang rated it really liked it
This is a very interesting fanatsy book, totally different from Harry Potter. An excellent read
Michael Earp
Oct 10, 2013 Michael Earp rated it liked it
I think I would have liked I more if I'd read it myself and not done the audio book.
Caitlin
Jul 12, 2012 Caitlin rated it really liked it
Good but not how I expected
I guess im just upset that there is no more :((
Isobel
Jan 06, 2013 Isobel rated it really liked it
it was sad that i finished the series so quickly!!
Beni
Jul 11, 2016 Beni added it
Shelves: books-to-read
omg the end wish there was more but it ended well
  • Master of the Books
  • Emily Eyefinger (Emily Eyefinger, #1)
  • Darksong (The Legendsong, #2)
  • Heart of Gold (The Laws of Magic, #2)
  • Lily Quench and the Dragon of Ashby (Lily Quench, #1)
  • The Puzzle Ring
  • How I Found the Perfect Dress (Morgan Rawlinson, #2)
  • Hazel Green
  • Oracle
  • Dragon Moon (Dragon Keeper, #3)
  • The Shiny Guys
  • Search for the Star (Unicorns of Balinor, #5)
  • The Shadow Thief (The Strangest Adventures, #1)
  • Nomad (Swift, #2)
  • The Whisperer
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...

Rondo (3 books)
  • The Key to Rondo (Rondo, #1)
  • The Wizard of Rondo (Rondo, #2)