Final Passage

Final Passage

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When Martin Lancaster was eighteen, his father was mysteriously lost at sea during a yacht race. Years later Martin discovers long-lost logbooks in his mother's attic and vows to find out the truth. But he meets implacable resistance from family, business colleagues and officials, who seem prepared to stop at nothing to prevent him discovering what really happened all thos...more
Published October 9th 2009 by Smashwords, Inc.

Brad's Reader
The premise of Final Passage is the main character, Martin Lancaster, is trying to figure out what really happened to his father - who was killed at sea while sailing. During his investigation, Martin is unable to find his father's logbook, a piece of evidence that would shed more light on the elder Lancaster's untimely death.

With that plot in the background, Martin goes about his life, running his own advertising agency and trying to get his daughter Alice on a straight path towards responsible...more
Vicki Tyley
A thoroughly enjoyable read, full of twists and turns. Great premise, well-drawn characters, and polished writing that flows.

The yachting setting plays a major part – a character in its own right. Fascinating. If a novel can inform as well as entertain, then for me, it’s a winner.

Highly recommended. I look forward to reading more from Tim Frost.
Shelley
I read this one a while back and am just now getting around to reviewing it. I really liked this one. I would think I knew what happened and think I had it figured out and then it would throw me a curve ball and I was wrapped up in it again. It kept my attention and the actual storyline was interesting and held my attention.
Karen
Apr 08, 2010 Karen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone that enjoys a great mistery/thriller.
Just finished reading this book in one week. Great story line and a lot of twists and turns throughout the book that keep you guessing, just when you think you've figured it out another twist is thrown in. Great/happy ending!!
Jack
Escapist adventure taking place mainly on a yacht around the Caribbean and featuring one very unlucky PR man and his estate agent brother.
Janice
A great read. Would recommend.
Amy
Apr 18, 2010 Amy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Thriller-lovers
Recommended to Amy by: Barnes and Noble
This was a great story.

Well written, with only a one small issue; some of the story "jumped" in spots (from being "the story" then to being in the main characters thoughts) BUT, I think that confusion might have been from it being an ebook. I'm sure the spacing/text distinguished it better in print form.

Overall, this was a great book with a good twist at the end. I like happy endings.
Nina Vandewater
British author pens adventure thriller centered around a yachting race from the Canary Islands to Grenada in celebration of Columbus's 500th anniversary. Our hero is a nice mix of good guy and dumb cluck who has gotten himself in a world of trouble. This is a proverbial page turner and nice, very light summer reading.
Nev Thomas
R0ther good mystery with a nautical air.
Kathryn
I really enjoyed this book. It had a minor flaw or two (and let's face it, most mysteries do) but was an enjoyable read. And, in the process, learned quite a bit about sailing! Thanks for publishing in ePub so I was able to read on my eNook.
Janet
Did not finish. Did not like the main character; perhaps his personality (risk-taker, always thinking tomorrow will be better, no attention to details) is the problem. Overdrawn at the bank, but he can't stop spending/losing money foolishly.
Gail
Got this as a free book on my nook and started it bacause I didn't have anything else at the time. It turned out to be exciting with murder, mystery, romance, and drama. I was quite surprised.
Lesley
Really enjoyed this book. Did a lot of sailing as a child and it bought back some wonderful mememories. Very well written. Good story of family torn by secrets unshared.
Carlissa
Jul 04, 2010 Carlissa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Carlissa by: got free at Barnes & Noble
I got this ebook free at Barnes & Noble. I enjoyed the beginning of the story, in the middle I thought Martin was a real moron, but liked the twist at the end.
CarolAnn
It was not the best written book. It took me awhile to get use to the 1st person dialogue. But the plot was intriguing and interesting.
Julie
slow start, and I couldn't help thinking what a moron the main character was. It got better as it went on, but I still didn't like Martin
Billy
Once this book got underway, the pace just kept on increasing... Definately a good read...
Bonnie
I read this a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. A good mystery!
Therese
Jul 15, 2012 Therese marked it as to-read
Shelves: mystery
$0.0
Connie Kline
Connie Kline marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Laura Jackson
Laura Jackson marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
David Maidstone
David Maidstone marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Kyria Joyner
Kyria Joyner marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Paulette Ransom
Paulette Ransom marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Kimberly Kinner
Kimberly Kinner marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Timothy Frost started writing as a student and sold many of his short stories to newspapers and magazines.

However, a career as an advertising copywriter intervened, and Tim put his creative writing career on hold for approximately twenty-five years.

But his writing bug, although dormant, never expired, and when Tim found himself freed from the shackles of the ad industry he set to work and wrote hi...more
More about Timothy Frost...
The Abigail Affair The Shoot Wedding March and Other Ghost Stories Play the Piper Kidnap Me!