Mama Jude: An Australian nurse's extraordinary other life in Afica

Mama Jude: An Australian nurse's extraordinary other life in Afica

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Despite plans to enjoy her retirement after working as a nurse for over three decades Judy Steel found herself in Uganda at the age of 58 providing medical aid to some of Africas most disadvantaged people.
Published 2009 by HarperCollins Australia Pty Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Mama Jude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mama Jude

Rakajean
Steel is a very admirable woman with a lot more patience than me! The book was an easy read, fairly interesting but left me wanting to know more about Ugandan culture and life, but the story is about her experiences and work so that is understandably what she and Sexton have focused on.
Lorraine
This book is about an Australian nurse who spends her retirement working in the slums of Kampala, Uganda. It has a good, positive feel about it and you are left feeling that one person can make a difference.
Maggie
I wanted to like this book but couldnt. Although I applaud her work I found the heavy Christian slant too much for this non believer.
Sal
As a registered nurse who dreams of working in Africa at some stage I found this book exciting and encouraging.
Pam Ela
Write a review...Amazing woman doing a great work
Rachie
Rachie added it
Aug 09, 2014
Eleftheria
Eleftheria marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Patricia Ducrow
Patricia Ducrow marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Janene
Janene added it
Dec 04, 2011
Bnabbt
Bnabbt added it
Nov 11, 2010
Mary Stuart's Scotland Tales from the Tap End Tweed Journey Border Country Chapman 98 (Chapman Magazine)