Haunted Memphis (TN) (Haunted America)

Haunted Memphis (TN) (Haunted America)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Much like its muddy riverbanks, the mid-South is flooded with tales of shadowy spirits lurking among us. Beyond the rhythm of the blues and tapping of blue suede shoes is a history steeped in horror. From the restless souls of Elmwood Cemetery to the voodoo vices of Beale Street, phantom hymns of the Orpheum Theatre and Civil War soldiers still looking for a fight, peer be...more
Published September 9th 2009 by The History Press (first published September 1st 2009)

Mitzi
This was a good book. Wish it would have been longer & more in detailed. I have lived in Memphis all my life and they had several that I had never heard of. There was a person that she had "quoted" in there that is not reliable, but I'm sure the author did not know it at the time.
Kim Fiveash
I really enjoyed reading this book and learning about the "darker" side of Memphis History. Even if you are not a believe in the "spirits" it's still full of excellent information about Memphis's rich history.
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
Michelle Bell
Michelle Bell marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2011
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2010
State of Change, A: Forgotten Landscapes of California Sleeping Arrangements Beautiful Bodies Lost Memphis Sweet Nothings