Start by marking “How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days (Revised) How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days (Revised)” as Want to Read:

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  244 ratings  ·  20 reviews
For almost twenty years, dog owners have turned to this compact guide for sensible, step-by-step advice how to housebreak their beloved pets--in just one week Now revised and updated, pet expert Shirlee Kalstone's foolproof method for housebreaking your dog is available with a fresh new look and up-to-date information.
Whether your dog is a puppy or getting on in years, wh
Published October 28th 2009 by Bantam (first published January 1st 1985)

Be the first to ask a question about How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days (Revised) How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days

Julie
Excellent book. A very quick read. Broke the whole process down to the age of your dog, time spent at home alone, how to effectively crate train...can't wait to get a crate and try this out with Murphy, our 18-month old Bichon Frise mix. I know he's going to "hit the bullseye", so to speak.
Judy Proctor, M
Great Book!

Great Book!

This book is written in easy to understand wording. she gives many examples when she introduces a new
method. Easy to understand and follow.
Holly
Basic stuff here. Useful, but most adults should already know most of this if you have owned a dog before. If you have have never owned a dog, this is a great book for you!
Randall
Quick and helpful. A few lame jokes. Luckily my puppy is such a boss that he was housebroken by the time I got around to finishing this.
Deann Eckdahl
Quick simple read. Has sample schedules for both people who are at home and those who work which was good.
Shar'on
This book is very basic and helpful for the first time owner who wants to train their puppy correctly.
Ivy
How can you say that you really like this kind of book?!? That being said it did address the anxious dribbling issue that we are having with Gimpy and it explained why Isaac needs to be a better pooper-scooper. He has thankfully taken the challenge to heart, for the health of his dog. It was a useful, easy read.
Janie
In seven days I will know whether I still love this method or whether I hate everything.
Chris
OK, the timing she gives here is a little ridiculous, but she has some great ideas and good guidelines based on the age of your puppy. I found the book quite helpful. For the results, talk to me in 6 months! :)
Jess
Mostly useful information, bur I've read most of it elsewhere. Best resource in this book us probably the schedules listed for various lifestyles and dog ages.
Kartika
Useful tidbits of info, looks like decent schedules to follow for various situations...
Jazzw
It's house breaking your dog, and training the human. Useful info.
Diana
Very helpful. Keeps it simple and fast and easy to read.
Grace
Going to try this with my dog and see how it works!
Beth
We'll see now, won't we. I might change my rating!
Anna
Yeah, seriously...don't ask. DANG DOG!!!
David
Every puppy owner should read this.
Craig
Bring on the pee. I'm ready.
*Christie*
We'll see in 7 days.
Heather
Basic, but helpful.
Dlewis
Dlewis is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2015
Sarah is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2015
  • Choosing ME Before WE
  • The Perfect Puppy
  • Good Owners, Great Dogs
  • When Pigs Fly: Training Success with Impossible Dogs
  • Post-it Note Diaries: 20 Stories of Youthful Abandon, Embarrassing Mishaps, and Everyday Adventure
  • Old Dogs Are the Best Dogs
  • Marriage Rules: A Manual for the Married and the Coupled Up
  • The New Work of Dogs: Tending to Life, Love, and Family
  • The Dog Listener: Learn How to Communicate with Your Dog for Willing Cooperation
  • Pukka's Promise: The Quest for Longer-Lived Dogs
  • Dogs are from Neptune (Dogs Behaving Badly!)
  • How to Teach a New Dog Old Tricks: The Sirius Puppy Training Manual
Poodle Clipping and Grooming: The International Reference Allergic to Pets?: The Breakthrough Guide to Living with the Animals You Love Good Cat!: A Proven Guide to Successful Litter Box Use and Problem Solving Complete Poodle Clipping and Grooming Book Poodle Clipping and Grooming: The International Reference (Howell reference books)