Start by marking “Wind Dancer” as Want to Read:

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  377 ratings  ·  38 reviews

Raised in a frontier town during the American Revolution, Isabelle Renoir is not like other women around her. A free spirit, she dances in the moonlight as a praise offering to God and is more at home fearlessly taking her long rifle and knife into the woods for adventure and inspiration.

But Isabelle s latest journey may be more than even her strength can handle when the

Published January 1st 2009 by B&H Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Wind Dancer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wind Dancer

Michelle

Wind Dancer is a pulse-pounding, heart-engaging novel that is hard to put down. In fact, I read it in less than two days. As the reader, you are in the world the author created, and you are part of the characters' lives. You are attacked when they are attacked. You are captive and feel helpless when they are bound with seemingly no way out.

The most powerful scene is when Isabella's brother is tortured and the heroine, Isabella, has to watch. I cannot understand the intense emotions she went thr
GrammyGail
"Jane Austen meets Last of the Mohicans" has been said of Jamie Carie's latest offering and it certainly fits. I read this book in two days, and wished it was longer (or that there will be a sequel!)
I found Isabelle Renior to be an exceptional heroine, not only strong of body and heart but with a vibrant faith in God as well. One thing I really loved was the combination of romance, history and ACTION! If you enjoy any of those factors when you read, this is the book for you. What a ride!
As I re
Virginia Campbell
"Wind Dancer" by Jamie Carie took my breath away. Stirring, thrilling, and historically satisfying, this is a story for all lovers of great historical romance. The setting is Colonial America at the conception of the Revolutionary War. The characters are unique and interesting, and the story line is detailed and enthralling. The writing is both lovely and vivid. At times the depicted scenes of capture, torture and physical conflict are quite graphic, but they are appropriate for the era and the ...more
Ariel
Very enjoyable, likeable characters for the most part. SOmetime I wasn't too sure about Isabelle's forwardness, but then I'd realise it would probably add up. I did love her strong free spirit and the idea of the life she lived. I'd like to see a sequel. See what these two do with their life.

Really liked the added in history at the end. I'll have to look into this Clark fellow.

:Spoiler Alert:

Within one page turn of the book it went from being 2 years since Samuel's first wife to 4. People eddit
Skeeter Jorgensen
I liked this book. It was a historical romance, in the west.....that would be kinda south of Detroit!
I think the year was 1778.
Lena
I loved this book sooooo much! It touched my heart and lifted my spirits!
Salyna
I forget how much I love books with Indian culture in them. Their ways, even though I don't believe in them, are so captivating. Their lives draw me in to where I actually feel like I am experiencing the life of the tribe. I liked how even though Isabelle knew the Indians as her enemy she still found a way to enjoy herself at the camp. She was triumphant through everything they did to her and the others. She reminded me of Job from the bible, through all the suffering she still praised God at an ...more
Allison
"Wind Dancer" is an amazing story of strong-willed Isabelle Renoir and her journey in finding her true meaning in life. She is raised in a British-held frontier during the American Revolution. Change is all around her, but she doesn't know what her place is in the world. She is unlike other women who cook and sew. She enjoys using her knife, riding and shooting her long rifle (which she sleeps with too!) On a journey with her brother to retrieve books for her priest at another fort, they encount ...more
Joelle

by Jamie Carie

4 out of 5 stars

Raised in a British-held frontier town during the American Revolution, Isabelle Renoir is not like other women around her. A free spirit, she dances in the moonlight as a praise offering to God and is more at home fearlessly taking her long rifle and knife into the woods for adventure and inspiration.But Isabelle's latest journey may be more than even her strength can handle when a huge storm throws the raven-hair
Erica
I couldn't even get past the first forty or so pages. I had hoped that this would be more tame the the last Jamie Carie novel I read, but no. it disturbed me that this girl was shocked that the man would lie and say that they were married, but then she tries to seduce him?!? no thank you!!! this is not benefiting of Christian fiction and it is definitely not adhering to the scriptures that talk about keeping our thoughts pure. so once again, no thank you and no more Jamie Carie novels for me!!!
Mitzi
This was one of those books I wanted to like more than I actually did. The story itself was pretty good, set in a time period I am interested in, but the characters - well, I'm not really sure what to say about them.

Isabelle was super over the top, to the point where I just couldn't believe her. Samuel was ok, as far as heroes go, but nothing that made me really like him. And their relationship was one of those, "I just met you and we were MADE for each other!" type deals - blah.

The religious el
Anna
Whew that this book was a whirlwind. I really enjoyed reading this book. It shocked me at how deep it could go at times SPOILER!!! The part when Julian died wrecked me. It was written with such emotion that compels the reader to grieve with Isabelle over the loss of her brother. Samuel was a really strong character and I loved how he and Isabelle supported each other throughout the book. My favorite parts where when Isabelle or Samuel were in the presence of the Lord and felt Him move and speak ...more
Rachel
Ms. Carie takes you an exciting journey in this book, with twists and turns maybe with some you saw coming or maybe not.

The characters were all enjoyable and for this book I'm glad we got to see some other characters point of view.

I only didn't really like the ending. I personally would have liked to see more but that's just me, so whatever.
Gail
I liked the book, but there were too many episodes in which I felt jarred out of the story by an out-of-context reference that I can't give it more than 3 stars. I was looking forward to living in the past through the book, but the author just hadn't done her research well enough or edited for context well enough to have that effect. It is sad that I am discussing things like the use of the phrase "world class ballerina" that caused me to stop reading and google the term to see if it was in use ...more
Really loved reading about some real heroes during the American Revolution! Will read more from this author again, great connection to God through the characters.
Lace2mom
Isabelle can hunt and track better than any man. She and Samuel are captured by Indians. God helps them survive and escape.
Lisa
what incredible strength in this lady and the torture she went through. putting her complete trust in God
Shantelle
Wind Dancer was like... wow... rivating. The cover is exciting, read ths story inside! Jamie Carie has the ability to write captivating scenes! Though it was a little wild and savage for my taste, it caught my attention and I read the book basically all the way through without stopping.

One little down side to it was a few of the character's actions... like, do you understand right from wrong? You dance under the moonlight in worship of your heavenly Father; and in the next moment, you purposely
Barbi Phillips andrews
One of the best books I've read in a long time! Definitely one I will be buying.
Highland-dreamer
I had to stop myself from staying up all night and finishing this book. I really couldn't put it down! I loved the intrigue and the danger that was the American Frontier. It gave great insight into what the early settlers had to endure, and the strength of their spirit. And I am always grateful for the Author's Notes at the end, which went into even more detail on the history and some of the characters in the book. I loved the heroine, Isabelle, and how she wasn't ashamed of her emotions, or of ...more
Lisa
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - but it is not for the faint of heart! It is during the Revolutionary War in the west! The Indians were savages and the French were on our side! I enjoyed the details of the war and her research was striking...believable and thought provoking. Jamie is a great romance writer as well - the heroine was passionate and strong and the hero was amazing. The romance was lovely. It has a strong Christian theme. I didn't give it a 5 because it was a bit violent.
Patty
Good story but disappointed with abrupt ending.
Whitney
This was a fun historical fiction set during the American Revolution, but on the frontier. It gave me additional insight to life living on the frontier and I also learned how indian tribes would adopt someone to fill the gaps in their families and it didn't matter who you were. Once you were adopted, you were completely accepted (even if you don't want it! :)
Tiffany
A book set in Illinois during the American Reveloution. Isabelle is a beautiful and spirited heroine who I can't help but love. I like my heroine's to have some spunk! And Samuel is a very convincing hero. This book very much reminds me of The Last of the Mohicans (the movie not the book, the book was just confusing to me after seeing the movie.)
Jessica
I loved, loved, loved this book. Very well written, spellbinding, exciting and passionate. The characters were easy to relate to, they were beautiful in a real way and you couldn't help but fall in love with them.

I was not expecting "Wind Dancer" to be so incredibly amazing...so I was pleasantly surprised! TEN stars!!
Andrea
I really am amazed with Carie's writing. Her novels keep getting better and better. I love the strong female role played by Isabella. She had everything going for her , strong will, looks , and her own way of doing things. I hope to read more books by Carie.
A definite must read
A little too much military history. I wanted more of the story to progress between the Hero and Heroine. Could have used some more intimate intensity. I'm just sayin'..... :)
Violet the Vanisher
Does anybody know where i can get this for my ereader?
Does anybody know where i can get the fromant like pdf or epub?
pls help me?
Kristin
Amazing book, the message of totally trusting God even in what seems impossible and laying down what ever comes between God and yourself.
  • A Passion Redeemed (Daughters of Boston, #2)
  • Surrender the Night (Surrender to Destiny, # 2)
  • A Most Unsuitable Match
  • Sweeter Than Birdsong (Saddler's Legacy, #2)
  • The Bride Wore Blue (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #3)
  • The Courteous Cad (Miss Pickworth Series #3)
  • Whisper on the Wind (The Great War, #2)
  • The Gladiator
  • Daughter of Silk (The Silk House, #1)
  • A Great Catch (Lake Manawa Summers, #2)
  • It Had to Be You
  • Heart of Gold
  • A Constant Heart
  • Circle of Honor (Scottish Crown Series, #1)
  • Ten Thousand Charms (Crossroads of Grace #1)
  • The Blue Enchantress (Charles Towne Belles, #2)
  • The Colonel's Lady
  • Song of My Heart (Heart of the Prairie #8)
Born and raised in Vincennes, Indiana, Jamie is a preacher’s daughter. Road trips with her dad—to and from Bible studies across Indiana—were filled with talks of things beyond earth’s bounds – creation and the fall, God and Jesus and the rapture, the earthly walk compared to the spiritual walk, and how we are born for more than what we can see or touch. The highlight of those nights was stopping a ...more
More about Jamie Carie...
The Guardian Duke (Forgotten Castles #1) The Duchess and the Dragon The Forgiven Duke (Forgotten Castles #2) Snow Angel Pirate of My Heart