Start by marking “Sold and Seduced” as Want to Read:
Sold and Seduced

Sold and Seduced

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Lydia Veratia made one mistake—and now her freedom is forfeit to the man all Rome knows as the Sea Wolf. Sold into marriage, the one thing over which she still has control is her own desire.

So when Fabius Aro offers her a wager—if she doesn't plead for his kisses in the next seven days, then she will have her independence—Lydia thinks it will be easily won.

But Aro is a dan
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published February 2010 by Harlequin Historical (first published February 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sold and Seduced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sold and Seduced

Cameron
I feel like I have to warn readers about this book: it's incredibly anticlimatic. I was expecting lots of anticipation and suspense and tension, but I didn't get a lot of it. The description and previews looked very promising, but I don't think it delivered.
Normally, I love this author. She does thorough research in regards to the historical aspects of her books, which makes the whole thing seem more real. She does this in this book as well, but somehow it seemed more forced, and less natural t
Harlequin Historical
I'm finding myself at a loss as to what to write for a review. There are so many good things I could focus on. I could write an entire review on how much Lydia and Aro's relationship has hidden depths that are a complete pleasure to the senses to discover. Their journey towards HEA captured my heart. I could write an entire review on how comfortable I was reading it even though it was in a time setting I'm not that familiar with. She made it all very real, very true to the time yet still I felt ...more
It was a nice book, but it wasn't really fulfilling. Not saying these kind of books should be but I thought it would be more.

The story.

A young woman whom is running the household, Lydia, trying to keep her family from crumbling apart. Shes caught in a tough situation and chooses the morally right path. Unfortunately, every action has a reaction. This action has lead her to be married off to one of the most notoriously known intimidating men, the "Sea Wolf." And on top of that he isn't even an up
Sara
Lectura rápida y fácil, lo termine en un par de horas.
Ambienta muy bien el final de la República romana (o eso me pareció al no ser experta). Quizás las costumbres y relaciones no eran tan así, pero es más fácil identificarse con los personajes.
Moraleja: la falta de comunicación siempre es la madre de todos los problemas.
Loxi Holt
Such a wonderful, tasteful and historically accurate book! Now searching as to which book I will read from the great Michelle Styles!
April Hollingworth
Set in Ancient Rome this wonderful novel tells the story of Lydia a fiery and determined woman bent on maintaining her independence even though she has been sold into marriage to Aro otherwise known as The Sea Wolf.
Handsome and fierce Aro is determined to keep Lydia as his wife and so enters a bargain with her. If in seven days she doesn't beg for his kisses three times he'll release her.
With their bargain in place and a sabatour on the loose can they find happiness with each other before its t
Tasneem
This wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. Lydia never really won me over and although I liked her spirit I didn't find her a good heroine. Too willing to listen to others not Aro, too much pride and too afraid for her own good, even though she acted courageous and strong. Aro was wonderful, and that's why I bothered to finish the book. The time period was beautifully portrayed, the historical detail enthralling, pity about the heroine, really.
Karen
I love how Michelle Style writes and I always enjoy her stories. Sold and Seduced was a great read and I always take my time when reading History Romances. I like the way the characters find their way to love and never tell each other till the end and the love that is show by the men is wonderful and great to see how the look after their women.
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Aditi Singh
Aditi Singh marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Amanda Jean
Amanda Jean marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Soesje
Soesje marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Leah Rohn
Leah Rohn marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Keshasha
Keshasha marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Bridget Connors
Bridget Connors marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Ahdorableme
Ahdorableme marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Sencilla
Sencilla marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Born and raised near San Francisco Califorinia, Michelle Styles currently lives a few miles south of Hadrian's Wall with her husband, three children and menagerie of pets. An avid reader, she became hooked on historical romance when she discovered Georgette Heyer, Anya Seton and Victoria Holt in her school's library. Michelle enjoys writing stories in a wide range of time periods including Roman, ...more
More about Michelle Styles...
Taken by the Viking The Viking's Captive Princess Viking Warrior, Unwilling Wife The Gladiator's Honor His Unsuitable Viscountess