Northern Soul Revival

Northern Soul Revival

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  2 reviews
'Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?' 'I'm asking you to be my family. You can be my girlfriend too though, if you like'. Carl has always carried a vague torch for his old friend Joss, one that has burned brighter as the rest of his life continues to disappoint him. The night before he skips the country to find himself a future he decides to live out his fantasy, givi...more
280 pages
Published (first published May 1st 2010)

Alison Brownlee
Not usually my sort of read but it was recommended by a lady in my library and I'm glad tat I paid attention. I loved this book and could not but it down, now Shakespeare it isn't and it is very predictable. But what it is is an enjoyable page turner that tells the story from the girl and the boys POV which is entertaining. I liked the characters, setting and conversations where all funny and real. Defiantly one for the beach come summer.
Aimee
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It's a really nice read, predictable bur nice. You couldn't help but want to shake Joss in some parts but then feel sorry for her in the very next sentence. The way the chapters were of each persons point of view of the same time made you care for the characters more. I particularly enjoyed seeing city names like Leeds and Sheffield in there, being from Hull it very much reminded me of home.
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
A&S
A&S is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2013
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2010
Layla
Layla marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2010
Who Do You Think You Are?