Start by marking “Start Over, Finish Rich: 10 Steps to Get You Back on Track in 2010” as Want to Read:
Start Over, Finish Rich: 10 Steps to Get You Back on Track in 2010

Start Over, Finish Rich: 10 Steps to Get You Back on Track in 2010

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  183 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Let 2010 Set You on the Path to Wealth.

Believe it or not, recessions make millionaires! Will you be one? In Start Over, Finish Rich, America's best-loved financial expert, David Bach, explains that 2010 will be the best opportunity for building wealth we have seen in decades. And, as the economy recovers, you must be set up to recover with it. Bach's easy, take-action plan
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published December 29th 2009 by Random House Audio (first published January 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Start Over, Finish Rich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start Over, Finish Rich

Dawn
Mar 03, 2010 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As other reviewers have noted, Bach has a tendency to rehash his financial theories in each successive book. This rehash is particularly suited to getting back on track after the recent economic meltdown--or a personal meltdown (Bach himself got divorced, and had to start over).

This isn't my favorite of Bach's books (that would be Smart Couples Finish Rich), but I'd recommend it as a great starting point for anyone in a financial pickle. It's short and sweet, and not overburdened with optimistic
Kevin
Jan 14, 2010 Kevin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance
I don't know why I continue to read these personal finance books. They are almost a guilty pleasure at this point.

Bach's effort is typical of the genre with a lot of Tony Robbins-like motivational writing (yes you can!) and a common sense plan to paying down debt and saving for the future. If you think you need a book like this, I'd recommend something by Dave Ramsey instead, personally.

At it's worst, this book tries to cash in on the recession hysteria and would have been more effective at tha
Lark Petty
Good advice for getting your money back to work.
Patrascu Mihai
Nice ideas and easy to put in practice!
Dana
Jul 08, 2014 Dana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance
Not as good as his Automatic Millionaire but quality advice yet again.
Nikki Miller
Mar 12, 2010 Nikki Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't do math, numbers, budgets, or finances, but my boyfriend and I read this together and it has literally changed our lives and wallets. It only took 2 hours to read, and everything he says and suggests is both easy and intuitive. I reccommend this book for EVERY0NE, whether you are just graduating high school, college, or have been living paycheck to paycheck for your whole life. Even if you have no discipline (ESPECIALLY if you have no discipline) with money, this is the book that will ch ...more
Jan 13, 2010 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was ok. Bach tends to say the same things over and over again in his books, and he assumes that the average reader is mired in debt and subscribes to premium cable at the same time. I read his "Smart Couples Finish Rich" book a while back and liked that, but this one reiterated many ideas he had already discussed so it was not that helpful. However--it is a good reminder and it discusses many concepts related to credit cards, stocks, savings and home buying that are useful to know.
Oct 07, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: money, insight
Yet another awesomely helpful financial book from Bach. He repeats a lot of what you find in his other writings but makes it more timely by putting it in post-recession reference. I think it was a bad idea of the publisher to put a year on the cover; that may deter future use of this book. Rather, it is timely advice for anyone who took a beating in an economic shitstorm.
ConnieK
Jan 07, 2010 ConnieK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finances
I've enjoyed Bach's books since Smart Women Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Achieving Financial Security and Funding Your Dreams almost a decade ago. More smart and straightforward guidance for getting (and keeping) control of your finances. Plus, it's a quick read. Nice way to begin the new year -
Nikki
Sep 19, 2010 Nikki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance
It was typical, sound financial advice, with lots of good ideas for 'regrouping' after the last 10 years of economic mayhem. I had to laugh though- all of the predictions (i.e., "suppose you have x dollars in the stock market for 40 years and earn x percent per year") were slightly more pessimistic than his 1998 debut, "Smart Women Finish Rich." Apparently we should count on 8% returns instead of 10% returns, and we should all save 12% of our income in stead of only 10%.
Kelly Philpott
There was some really useful information about organizing your finances.
Madonna Analla
Jul 19, 2011 Madonna Analla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by David Bach. I really like this book because it gives advice after the recession started and the stock market went to hell. It gives new advice for where to place your money for emergencies and gives a strategy for those who lost a lot to get it back. I've felt that finance books written before 2007 aren't too relevant today but this book showed that many of the same strategies are still useful today.
Christian
Since I'm living in Germany I probably couldn't get as much value out of this book as if I would be living in the US. There are some nice hints in it though and I guess this is a really great book for people who have a really hard time getting their finances right or have been struck by the recession and need some help to get back on track.
Gina
Aug 15, 2010 Gina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short book, this has many of Bach's original concepts, restated for those people that feel wiped out by the last 2 years of economic turmoil. Some information has been updated for 2010.

A good book to skim through and re-commit yourself to staying the course and attaining wealth.
Lesley Looper
I toggled between a 2.5 and a 3 on this one, and decided to round up. I've read several of David Bach's books, and this is more of the same, really. But it's been a while since I read the last one, so some of the reminders are good, I guess.
Mandy
Nov 13, 2011 Mandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Similar material to Bach's other books, but with more of a focus on what to do with your saving goals during a time of economic turmoil. I like his writing style and can always use a reminder of money saving strstegies that are tried and true.
Annabelle
Mar 11, 2011 Annabelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very informative. Wanted a book that dealt with the current times & percentages of returns, even thought the logic and theory is all the same. I felt that with this book based on 2010 reflections, it was an outstanding read.
Danni
Mar 11, 2012 Danni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a short little book that I read in a couple of hours. Most of the stuff it suggested was stuff I was doing. I got some good ideas though.
Bill
Mar 31, 2012 Bill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audio book. He has several good reference that would be easier to utilized if you have the written copy.
Ken
Jan 28, 2010 Ken rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-finance
I knew most of this material already, but just reading a personal finance book gets me energized to save again.
Dawnetta
Oct 18, 2010 Dawnetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Very similar to the Automatic Millionaire. He does add a few different pointers in this one though.
Mohamed Tohami
The book targets the U.S. readers only. However, it contains some useful tips that anyone can use.
Linda
Mar 30, 2010 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I periodically take out financial books and try some one new, or in this case old, idea
Eric
Mar 27, 2010 Eric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty basic, but I've read his books before and enjoy the way he writes them.
Daniel Fevrin
Jan 11, 2010 Daniel Fevrin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a very good book of financial action
Jill
Jan 27, 2010 Jill marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for David Bach.
Paul
Jul 29, 2010 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vicky Claire
Vicky Claire marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Sean McGuigan
Sean McGuigan marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
  • Unleashing the Killer App: Digital Strategies for Market Dominance
  • Billion-Dollar Lessons: What You Can Learn from the Most Inexcusable Business Failures of the Last 25 Years
  • The Millionaire Maker: ACT, Think, and Make Money the Way the Wealthy Do
  • Rich Like Them: My Door-to-Door Search for the Secrets of Wealth in America's Richest Neighborhoods
  • Suze Orman's 2009 Action Plan: Keeping Your Money Safe & Sound
  • The Tyranny of Dead Ideas: Letting Go of the Old Ways of Thinking to Unleash a New Prosperity
  • The New Global Student: Skip the SAT, Save Thousands on Tuition, and Get a Truly International Education
  • The Ten Roads to Riches: The Ways the Wealthy Got There (and How You Can Too!)
  • Co-Opetition
  • The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches: A Practical (and Fun) Guide to Enjoying Life More by Spending Less
  • The Scavengers' Manifesto
  • Seven Years to Seven Figures: The Fast-Track Plan to Becoming a Millionaire
  • Dare to Win
  • 10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget
  • It's Not about the Money: Unlock Your Money Type to Achieve Spiritual and Financial Abundance
  • The Game-Changer: How You Can Drive Revenue and Profit Growth with Innovation