Oh Yeah!

Oh Yeah!

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Ethan Long, describes a backyard campout.
Published September 1st 2003 by Holiday House (first published July 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Oh Yeah!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh Yeah!

Kirsten Murphy
Hilarious example of "one-upping" your friends to show your bravery when you don't actually feel very brave at all.
Becky
Jul 30, 2008 Becky rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids age 4-8 -- especially boys
Shelves: children-and-ya
This cute book stars two little boys, old enough to have a sleepover in a backyard tent, but not old enough to have jettisoned their favorite stuffed animals.

As the night goes on, the boys begin a game of "can you top this?" Each boy insists he wouldn't be afraid of various wild creatures if they decided to ambush the boys' tent. Before too long, it becomes clear that there's one creature neither boy wants to face.

The book has a fun cumulative element (in trying to outdo one another, each boy re...more
Nancy Jo Lambert
As we are preparing for summer and all that summer holds around my house, I picked up this book because I plan on taking my kids for an overnight camping trip this summer. They love tents and the idea of camping, so I wanted to read this book to my son for that content.

I really liked this book because the two little boys want to be big boys, but are ultimately still young in the way that little kids are. I love that they have their stuffed animals. I love the use of "Oh Yeah" the way kids do, an...more
Melanie
Two friends, camping out in the back yard, compete with each other over who could stay out with an ever-increasing number of creepy and scary creatures. They dare each other to brave huge spiders, slithering snakes, giant crocodiles, saber-toothed tigers and fire-breathing dragons. At some point, both boys give up their good luck charms (a stuffed hippo and bunny). But the thing that gets them both is the "big, hairy, kid-eating monster!" This monster actually turns out to be Merietta, the famil...more
Alicia Scully
When two boys decide to camp out in the backyard, they begin to scare themselves silly! Each boy tells what they wouldn't be afraid of and then of course the other has to best him. It's a great one since it shows what they wouldn't be afraid of and the illustrations are wonderful. It's better for older audience as there's a lot of text and the book isn't easy to shorten cleanly.
Dolly
Apr 16, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2008, childrens
This is a fun book to read aloud. Each boy tries to one up the other and show how brave he is. Although both of them are scared, neither will admit it. It's a great story to start a conversation with children about being scared. We've read this one a couple of times.
Alyse Liebovich
Two boys who "one-up" each other about how scared they're NOT going to get sleeping in a tent outside. Liked illustrations more than the book as a whole.
Mandy
Summary:
Two boys boast while camping how they are not afraid of things such as kid-eating monsters all while clutching their stuffed animals.
Carlos
Carlos marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Lisa S
Lisa S added it
Aug 05, 2011
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
May 21, 2011
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2011
I grew up in North Carolina and Kentucky, an ardent fan of anything that smacked of sports, crawdads, mud balls, forts built in the woods, secret codes, bicycles without fenders, butter pecan ice cream, and snow. I was, however, decidedly uninterested in writing-or any academic aspect of school, for that matter-never imagining that at the age of thirty-five I would become a published author. And y...more
More about Tom Birdseye...
Storm Mountain Attack of the Mutant Underwear Soap! Soap! Don't Forget the Soap!: An Appalachain Folktale Just Call Me Stupid Look Out Jack! the Giant Is Back!