Start by marking “500 Teapots: Contemporary Explorations of a Timeless Design (500 Series)” as Want to Read:
500 Teapots: Contemporary Explorations of a Timeless Design (500 Series)

500 Teapots: Contemporary Explorations of a Timeless Design (500 Series)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Its a bit of everything in this artistic celebration. Some find inspiration in classic Asian designs. Others take a figurative approach. Still more look to the natural world. Browse through a variety of surface treatments, from intricate carved forms to narrative painted patterns.
Published October 1st 2002 by Lark Crafts

To ask other readers questions about 500 Teapots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 500 Teapots

RB Love
I found this book while substitute teaching Ceramics yesterday and read the whole thing during my prep period. Surprising that it drug me through from beginning to end. It is, after all, a book about teapots. But what I found interesting was the distinct styles that caught my eye. What artistic styles and techniques attracted me.
Additionally, the introduction by Kathy Triplett had some insightful quotes.
"I have been surprised at every turn how the clayworker's ingenuity persists in finding new r
Andrew Cossaboon
great photos and offers as a great inspiration for my work in clay.
Tracey
I love these books as they are more of a gallery of work for various 'artists' and show the wide range that can be achieved in just something as simple as a teapot whether it is functional or non-functional. Quite inspiring!
I love the 500 series. While I think some of the teapots in this book could have been more provoking, many are quite wonderful and inspiring. It always facinates me to see how many ways we can interpert a single object.
Kristine
This is definitely a "contemporary" showcase of teapots. Some are very creative and barely resemble anything like a teapot, but much fun to look at. As a traditionalist, I only found about a half dozen styles I really liked.
Nikki
this is a beautiful book if you love to look at at teapots or if you are collectors!
Sarah Jordan
Some weird teapots in this book
Rachael Vische
Rachael Vische marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Melisa
Melisa marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Jasper
Jasper added it
Jan 18, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Sarah Johnson
Sarah Johnson marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
A native of Orangeburg, SC, Kathy Triplett attended the Universidad de las Americas in Puebla, Mexico and received her B. A. from Agnes Scott College in Decatur, GA. Additionally, she honed her artistic skills in courses at La Meridiana, Italy; Arrowmont School, Tennessee; Castle Clay, Colorado; and the architecture department at Georgia Tech.

While in Mexico, Triplett developed an interest in the
More about Kathy Triplett...

500 Series (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • 500 Animals in Clay: Contemporary Expressions of the Animal Form (500 Series)
  • 500 Art Quilts: An Inspiring Collection of Contemporary Work
  • 500 Baskets: A Celebration of the Basketmaker's Art
  • 500 Beaded Objects: New Dimensions in Contemporary Beadwork (500 Series)
  • 500 Bracelets: An Inspiring Collection of Extraordinary Designs (500 Series)
  • 500 Brooches: Inspiring Adornments for the Body (500 Series)
  • 500 Ceramic Sculptures: Contemporary Practice, Singular Works
  • 500 Chairs: Celebrating Traditional & Innovative Designs (500 Series)
  • 500 Cups: Ceramic Explorations of Utility and Grace (500 Series)
  • 500 Bowls: Contemporary Explorations of a Timeless Design (500 Series)
Handbuilt Ceramics: Pinching * Coiling * Extruding * Molding * Slip Casting * Slab Work Handbuilt Tableware: Making Distinctive Plates, Bowls, Mugs, Teapots and More Bolster Your Spirit