Start by marking “Captured by Moonlight (Moonlight, #3)” as Want to Read:
Captured by Moonlight (Moonlight, #3)

Captured by Moonlight (Moonlight #3)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  554 ratings  ·  60 reviews
IN THIS DARK THRILLER FROM NANCY GIDEON’S SULTRY NEW SERIES, SEXY NEW ORLEANS COP CHARLOTTE CAISSIE GOES HEAD-TO-HEAD WITH THE LAST NEMESIS SHE EVER EXPECTED: HER SUPERNATURAL BOYFRIEND.

THEIR LOVE IS JUST BEGINNING.

Detective Charlotte Caissie is growing used to the secrets that come with loving the mysterious leader of a shape-shifter clan. But that doesn&#82
Published July 27th 2010 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Captured by Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captured by Moonlight

Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareLast Sacrifice by Richelle MeadRoom by Emma Donoghue
Best Books of 2010
244th out of 1,272 books — 2,381 voters

More lists with this book...

Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
This is the book I have been waiting for! Finally I felt like Cee Cee and Max were on the same page by the end. For books 1 and 2, and even the beginning of Captured by Moonlight, it was like they were taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Cee Cee was a prickly bitch and at the most important times both of them shut up and didn't talk. I am not a fan of this as a plot device and nor am I a fan of angst which seems to be a lot of this book - especially since there is some questions over Max's f ...more
Melindeeloo
Cheryl
New Orleans best cop, Charlotte “Cee Cee” Caissie has just returned from visiting her family. Cee Cee is ready for some rest and relaxation. Luckily for her, she has the next best thing…her sexy lover, Max. Max is a shape shifter. So you could say he has a wild side to him

Someone is chasing Max. Whoever it is has Max wanting to let loose and let his other side take over. This is all fine except that Max could turn on Cee Cee at a moments notice. Cee Cee loves Max but she is still trying to adjus
Kjen
This is a good read. Prepare to be on the edge of your seat about a lot of things. This couple sucks at communication. In past books, Cee Cee has been just as much to blame as Max. However, in this one, it's mostly Max. There were times when I just said...leave his ass...but she stuck it out. Ultimately that was just what Max needed after what he'd suffered through his whole life. Interesting side characters and and terrifying bad guys round out this nail-biter.
Lauren
Captured by Moonlight
4 Stars

Crime boss, Max Savoie, and Homicide Detective, Charlotte Caissie’s personal and professional lives are put to the test when a threat from Max’s unknown past raises its ugly head and hits a little too close to home.

After a rocky start (mainly due to Charlotte’s prickly personality), the series is living up to its potential with a story arc that becomes more gripping with each installment and a romance that only increases in depth and intensity.

As the book begins, Ma
Judi
The CeeCee and Max saga continues in Nancy Gideon’s Moonlight series Captured by Moonlight.

This 3rd book brings about more conflict, relationship struggles and trust issues for this duo as they try to work on their complicated relationship and CeeCee always the cop has her loyalties tested yet again.

The conflict CeeCee and Max must endure would test most normal couples, but add in CeeCee’s police status, Max’s questionable business practices and his non-human status plus the fact that Max and Ce
Lisa
What's with this author wanting you to believe that Max was sleeping with other people. There's the part at the party when he was dancing and touching other women, and the parts where he doesn't come home at night. Then at the club when she leaves him there by himself, this was the major scene and thank god the doubt only lasted a couple chapters. All of this is happening in this book because of his mating urges. These urges are messing up the way he thinks and acts.

I'm going to read book 4 whi
Diana Leigh
Captured By Moonlight is the third installment of Nancy Gideon's Moonlight series. Max Savoie, a pureblood shape-shifter, is settling in as the new crime boss of New Orleans and king of the city's shifter population. The love of his life is the very human police detective Cee Cee Caissie. Max and Cee Cee are emotionally damaged characters, consumed by a forbidden, passionate and very dangerous relationship. In this book there is a depth to the characters we haven't seen before. You can feel thei ...more
Steph
NOTE: I thought this was going to be a trilogy, but was happy to see #4 Bound by Moonlight coming out in 2011. Ok, so a quadrilogy then. Nope! Just stopped by the author's website to double check and she writes:

Pocket Paranormal Romance as Nancy Gideon:

Masked by Moonlight – Moonlight series #1 (5-10)
Chased by Moonlight – Moonlight series #2 (6-10)
Captured by Moonlight – Moonlight series #3 (7-10)

and three more to come . . .

So, I guess we have (at least) two more after BBM to look forward to.
Carol (Mocha)
Nancy Gideon displays all the things I look for in an author. Her descriptions are so vivid, you can see them happening before you. She elicits emotions from the reader as they capture the essence of the growing relationship between Cee Cee and Max...the sex between Cee Cee and Max is thrilling, yet tender. You can feel the utter disdain that Max has for anyone that goes near her.

Bravo Nancy and thank you. Can't wait to start Bound.

figuranta❤️addicted❤️to❤️books❤️
5 Amazing Stars

Another amazing book in this series and with every book i love Max more and more.

Nancy Gideon is def in my fave list with PNR authors next to J.R. Ward.

I def recommend this book to everyone who enjoys to read PNR.
Melissa
Max and Cee Cee are back and better than ever. This time, she wants it all...his body and soul but as they both straddle both sides of their worlds, can they find a place to be just themselves?

This time Max must look outside himself and find out if he can live in Cee Cee's world. I love how he puts himself out there with her coworkers and friends. In the same way, Cee Cee's got to know what she's in for. And because of her love, can she walk away from the man she's not sure she can measure up to
Jen
Jul 26, 2011 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: favs, gideon
I.need.more. Good thing book 4 is waiting on my kindle for me!
Melissa
This is the third book in the trilogy. I read the first book, Masked by Moonlight and enjoyed it. I think that this book is even better than the first. I didn't get to read the middle book, but it wasn't absolutely necessary to read this book. This one is more about the relationship between CeeCee and Max. Yes, of course, you have the adventure of someone stalking and trying to kill Max and those close to him, but that really becomes the side story to the relationship. In one way this was deligh ...more
Tasha
This book is the third in a series, which I haven't read the previous two. But after reading this one I most definitely will be reading the previous books in this series. Yes, I know that's odd, reading them out of order, but I've done it before, and mostly likely will be doing it again in the future. Although I do suggest you read this particular series in order, so you'll understand the history between the lead characters.

Captured by Moonlight features an already established relationship. It's
Bookaholics
Captured by Moonlight by Nancy Gideon
Paranormal Romance July 27th, 2010
4 stars

Captured by Moonlight is the 3rd in Nancy Gideon’s paranormal shifter series. Hardened yet surprising emotional characters make for an involving romance in this paranormal suspense novel.

Both Detective Caissie (AKA Cee Cee) and shifter Max Savoie have a rocky relationship. Neither is good at emotions but both love each other and are willing to compromise. However, Cee Cee’s life is the police force and Max is the new m
Anne
Jul 01, 2012 Anne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
I enjoyed this book very much. Nancy Gideon is an excellent writer. Her stories are always intriguing with many layers to unwrap until you finally finish the book and say, "hey wait...I don't want it to end. I want more." And more you get with this book and the three others in the series.

The story takes place in New Orleans, however, she has created a paranormal world within the city where a clan of shape-shifters live and work among humans.

"Captured" is the third of four books with the same her
Lauren
I have read the first two books in this series. And though I was somewhat impressed by the first book, I was less impressed by the second and even less with this one. In each book, Max and Charlotte have the same relationship problems with a different mystery, and nothing ever seems to be solved or worked out between the H and H, if they could be called that.

We have Max a supposed bad-ass “King of Beasts” and head of a criminal empire, and we have Charlotte and tough female cop. I have a problem
Jamie
LOVE LOVE LOVE!! HOOKED me the second I opened it up, so much that i"m not on the hunt for the next one. I've never read her before but I love it!! Shapeshifter, cop action, batboy with a werewolf power that loves unconditionally his cop girlfriend!!! HOT HOT HOT!! i enjoyed this book because he's sweet and bad boy and it makes them fit perfectly together!
Stephanie
Somehow I seem to have skipped the second volume in this series. But of the two I have read this seems the weaker of the two. It's hard to believe that Max and Caissie will ever be together, her background is the law and his is crime, but he's going legit for her. It's not their own issues but those of others as well as a mysterious group of possibly government agents that kidnaps or kills shifters. It was a bit too mysterious.

Both main characters are moody and capricious, they act without caus
Trina
Yummy, yummy, yummy. I just love these characters! The complexity of their relationship and the emotional roller coaster ride through the intensity of their passion for each other keeps you glued to the pages. Nancy Gideon is a master at carrying nuggets of information through her text that keep opening doors of opportunity for further storyline while streaming along on the path she has designated for readers to follow. I don't want to ruin the book for anyone reading the series but I will say t ...more
Gaby
Aug 17, 2014 Gaby marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Ren
Definitely 5++ stars

I love this first trilogy of Moonlight series
Still emotional like 2 previous books. Max Savoie and Charlotte (CeeCee) Caissie remind me so much of my everlasting favorite couple, Eve Dallas and Roarke from In Death series, but just minus paranormal aspect. And the fact that Max is werewolf not an ordinary human. But the way their relationship work is the same. How they struggle to balance each other despite their difference. Max with his shady life and CeeCee who is a detecti
Dee
we continue to see their developing story.Both Detective Caissie (AKA Cee Cee) and shifter Max Savoie have a rocky relationship. Neither one is good at opening up and talking to each other about their feelings and emotions but both love each other and are willing to compromise. Max goes through some major changes and CeeCee will have to make some very important decision regarding their relationship. I loved seeing his struggles within this book, we saw a more emotional insecure side to max I enj ...more
Zuzana
Gideon se snad učila u Moningové, ne? Co třeba nějaké odpovědi? Sice fajn, že už vím, jaké další schopnosti mají vlkodlaci, ale já chci sakra vědět, co se děje v tom světě! Co je Max zač? Proč se stalo, co se stalo? A jaký důsledek bude mít ten konec?
Super díl, Max je skvělá postava, charismatická, tajuplná, stále odhalující další a další střípky o své minulosti.
Těším se na další díl.
PS: velká škoda, že české vydání nemá původní obálku jako předchozí díly. Sice ta česká je taky fajn, ale na té p
Amelia-Irene
This is the third book in the series, so there are some things that are referred to from a previous book. Charlotte Caissie, Cee Cee, and Max Savoie have been lovers for a while. Before they moved in together, Max had been on the wrong side of the law. Cee Cee has taken a lot of grief for living and loving a criminal, but she's handling it. What her co-workers don't know is that Max is more than human and he might be the salvation of his people. Find out what happens when you read the book.
Jenn
This book was heavy on the dialogue and light on the plot. Unfortunately, the dialogue was grating. I love you, I'm mad at you, let's have sex, you infuriate me, etc., etc. The characters were supposed to be a tough cop and a shape-shifting mob boss, but I felt like I was reading a script for a WB teen soap. I quit with 100-or-so pages to go when I found my mind wandering to dirty dishes and mowing the lawn. If mundane chores seem more interesting than the book, that's probably a bad sign.
Tara (box5angel)
The third book in the series and hopefully not the last. :) There was only one bit in it that was a bit weird but it was essential to the plot and bound to happen. And I guarantee, you will tear up while reading this book. OMG, it really hits you! Other than that, another great book in the lives of Max and Charlotte. Hope there is more. I keep hearing it's a trilogy and than I read there are going to be more books. Guess we'll see! I hope the latter is true.
Eva (TXBookjunkie)
Nice wrap up to the trilogy but questions still left open for future books (which most Gideon trilogies seem to result in). Loved the growth of Cee Cee and Max's relationship and the way they eventually addressed the problems to their relationship together. Definitely felt the strong bond they had with each other. This book is more enjoyable if you've read the first two books. Looking forward to reading more about Cee Cee and Max.
Nancy Gideon By M...: Captured by Moonlight~Book 3~SPOILER ZONE 173 31 Jan 19, 2015 03:10PM
Nancy Gideon By M...: Buddy Read~Captured By Moonlight 38 17 Mar 16, 2014 05:37AM
  • Night's Promise (Club Strigoi, #3)
  • Legacy Found (Legacy, #3)
  • Fallen (Dark God Saga, #1)
  • Assassin's Heart (Order of the Sicari, #2)
  • Sins of the Soul (Otherkin, #2)
  • Savage Forest
  • Rush of Darkness (Primal Instinct, #7)
  • When Saint Goes Marching In
  • Obsidian Flame (Guardians of Ascension, #5)
  • Tall, Dark and Wolfish (Westfield Wolves, #2)
  • Forsaken (Fallen Siren #2.5)
  • Immortal Outlaw (Immortal Brotherhood, #2)
  • His Darkest Salvation (Jaguar Warriors, #3)
  • Apache Magic (Coltons, #1)
  • The Species Within (Battles in the Dark, #1)
  • Temptation Calls (The Calling, #3)
  • Chosen by Fate (Para-Ops, #2)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
With over 50 sales to her credit since her first publication in 1987, Portage, Michigan author Nancy Gideon’s writing career is as versatile as the romance market, itself. Her books encompass genres from historicals and regencies to contemporary suspense and the paranormal. Her works have been published overseas in Romanian, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Danish, German, Icelandic and Chinese, amon ...more
More about Nancy Gideon...

Moonlight (9 books)
  • Masked by Moonlight (Moonlight, #1)
  • Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight, #2)
  • Bound By Moonlight (Moonlight, #4)
  • Hunter of Shadows (Moonlight, #5)
  • Seeker of Shadows (Moonlight, #6)
  • Betrayed by Shadows (Moonlight, #7)
  • Prince of Shadows (Moonlight, #8)
  • Remembered By Moonlight (Moonlight, #9)
Masked by Moonlight (Moonlight, #1) Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight, #2) Bound By Moonlight (Moonlight, #4) Hunter of Shadows (Moonlight, #5) Seeker of Shadows (Moonlight, #6)