Start by marking “The Resurrection Fields” as Want to Read:
The Resurrection Fields

The Resurrection Fields (The Promises of Dr. Sigmundus #3)

Keaney's concoction of sci-fi, horror, and fantasy is remarkably effective. Sigmundus is a villain who will haunt readers.--The Bulletin
Beginning where Book 2, The Cracked Mirror, left off, this finale to the Promises of Dr. Sigmundus trilogy takes readers into bizarre realms with fanciful creatures, continuing its signature exploration of the price of freedom and self-de
Published November 10th 2009 by Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Resurrection Fields, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Resurrection Fields

Jim Ef
Dec 10, 2015 Jim Ef rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well im a little bit disappointed. First of with the whole Dante-bird thing and also with the action in the end. I had this feeling that Keany run out of ideas. In a trilogy like this one, you are expecting the action package in the end but here it all happened to fast. The only time i was more disappointed was in the last book of Harry Potter.

From my review it seems like this is a bad book, not at all, it could be something great and that's the reason im a little bit more tough with my rating.
Jane
Jul 07, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was MIND. BLOWING. I asked the author my questions about the book and he helped me understand what really happened and cleared up all of my confusion, so now I am pretty satisfied with it. The creativity of this storyline was just amazing and I absolutely loved it! Now that I understand what happened in the end, I am at so much more peace...thanks to Brian Keany for writing this wonderful trilogy!

Here was my review from before:

-August 10, 2012-
This book was MIND. BLOWING. But all I can
Mariana
Torra
Jun 02, 2011 Torra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right so I'll be honest right now: I had read the first two books in this series about 2 to 3 years ago so when I started reading this book I was completely confused mainly because I could hardly remember what had happened in the past two books. I remember enjoying them and thinking they had a different feel to them and always had me interested so that's why I wanted to continue reading this series.

About half-way into this book things from the past books were coming back to me (but I am convince
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Έφτασε η στιγμή να παραθέσω την άποψή μου για το τρίτο και τελευταίο βιβλίο της σειράς, "Οι Υποσχέσεις Του Δόκτορα Σιγμούνδου". Η αλήθεια είναι πως το κείμενο αυτό καθυστέρησε, όχι γιατί άργησα να τελειώσω την ανάγνωσή του αλλά, γιατί τις τελευταίες μέρες με έχει πιάσει μια απίστευτη τεμπελιά, όχι πως αυτό είναι το θέμα μας στην προκειμένη περίπτωση ή θα έπρεπε να μας απασχολεί. Αν κάποιος έχει διαβάσει τις προηγούμενες κριτικές μου θα είναι σε θέση να καταλάβει ότι το πρώτο βιβλίο μου άρεσε ιδι ...more
Melanie
Oct 04, 2015 Melanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ana
Jan 17, 2014 Ana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
#30 - O Cântico dos Mendini - Brian Keaney
Finalmente. Finalmente acabei a trilogia de «As Promessas de Dr. Sigmundus». Fi-lo mais por despeito e teimosia do que por outra coisa qualquer, mas preserverei e sobrevivi.

E não, não escolhi o verbo ao acaso. Ler este pedaço de lixo literário é uma luta que não desejo ao meu pior inimigo.

Seguindo a história dos livros anteriores (review de «Gente Vazia» aqui, e de «O Espelho Quebrado» aqui), Dante e Bea estão de novo em apuros, e as suas aventuras e des
Mónica Silva
Opinião no blog http://howtoliveathousandlives.blogsp...

Após a completa desilusão com que me deparei na leitura do segundo volume da trilogia, confesso que as expectativas não eram altas para o terceiro. No entanto, esta foi uma experiência melhor do que esperava, apesar das óbvias falhas na estória.

Gostei da introdução de diferentes mitologias, potenciando a complexidade do universo apresentado. O desfecho é talvez demasiado apressado, mas apreciei a forma etérea e metafórica como o autor encer
Mafalda
Dec 13, 2012 Mafalda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: os-meus-livros
Li este livro porque o tinha, e por fazer parte da trilogia que tinha iniciado e, sinceramente, foi um livro que li por ler, pois não me cativou.
O escritor manteve a sua escrita monótona, sem entusiasmo, sem nos conseguir transmitir o que as personagens sentem, sem nos conseguir "viver" realmente a história!
Falta vida!

A história é realmente boa, e está realmente bem pensada, mas deveria ter sido mais aprofundada e melhor escrita, com uma escrita que nos fizesse viver aquilo que as personagens es
Rivaille
Note that this was written a couple of years after I actually read the book,so some things might be off.

Perfect example of a trilogy slowly deteriorating.

I really enjoyed Hollow People and slightly less but still quite a lot The Cracked Mirror.But I honestly can't say the same for this one.

The events were badly connected;everything seemed to happen too coincidentally.And the character development died in the second book I guess.I must admit I was rather disappointed,sine Hollow People seemed so
Angelyn
Feb 18, 2012 Angelyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's totally different from the previous books! I liked it, but the end was a bit confusing.
(view spoiler)
Kassandra
Jan 09, 2014 Kassandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot believe that this trilogy is over and the ending is very satisfying. But at first I was confused but I messaged the author who so kindly explained it to me. I wish there were more books I will miss these characters and this world Brian Keaney has created.
Heather
Jan 27, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Not at all what I was imagining. Based on the first book, I was figuring fairly straightforward dystopia. Actually, this is much more complex and fascinating and brings together a number of realms of existence. Occasionally a bit confusing, but very intriguing, and with a beautiful ending.
Amanda Voisey
Jun 05, 2013 Amanda Voisey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this series a lot, as I've stated in my previous reviews for the first two books. However, the ending (like literally the end) I did not like. I would have liked something different, was not expecting what happened (but in a bad way).
Márcia
May 04, 2013 Márcia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
It's over but I'm not sure what happened in the end... It's a great story for those who love pure fantasy.
Bruno
Aug 08, 2013 Bruno rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O ultimo livro da serie realmente foi muito interessante. Pecou apenas pelo final que foi corrido, extremamente rápido e mal explicado.
Linda Inês
Mar 09, 2014 Linda Inês rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Achei muito confuso e pouco interessante. Deixou muitas dúvidas e o final foi muito apressado e ficaram muitas questões por responder.
Tweller83
Ok. Very much good vs. Evil story with hints of holocaust rolled in. Will recommend to 7th and 8th grade after looking at rating again.
Alisa
Alisa rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2011
Katarzyna
Katarzyna rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Bruno Alves
Bruno Alves rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2011
Victoria Maurer
Victoria Maurer rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2014
Pebbles
Pebbles rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2012
Nuno Prado
Nuno Prado rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2013
Sarah rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2011
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2010
Devan Suber
Devan Suber rated it really liked it
May 13, 2014
Mark Levine
Mark Levine rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2012
Eva Caetano
Eva Caetano rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Kendra saunders
Kendra saunders rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2015
  • A Demanda do Visionário (A Saga do Assassino #5)
  • Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit, Volume 6 (Ikigami, #6)
  • Silver Diamond 6
  • Gool (The Salt Trilogy, #2)
  • Jumping Off the Planet (Dingilliad, #1)
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 06 (No. 6: The Manga, #6)
  • A Plague Year
  • Presságios de Inverno (Acácia, #2)
  • The Midnight Charter
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 6 (Deadman Wonderland, #6)
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 6
  • Dragon and Liberator (Dragonback, #6)
  • A Voz da Vingança (Tigana, #2)
  • The Odyssey of Gilthanas (Dragonlance Reader's Companion)
  • Alive: The Final Evolution, Volume 2
  • The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric and Discredited Diseases
Brian is an award-winning children's author. He has written seventeen novels which have been translated into thirteen languages. His most recent novel for children, The Magical Detectives and the Forbidden Spell is published by Orchard Books. He lives in South East London.

More about Brian Keaney...

The Promises of Dr. Sigmundus (3 books)
  • The Hollow People (The Promises of Dr. Sigmundus, #1)
  • The Cracked Mirror (The Promises of Dr. Sigmundus, #2)

“It was all very well to pretend you were not afraid of death, Bea thought, but people only said that because they had not looked death in the eye. They had not understood that it meant everything you have always taken for granted and loved without even knowing it-the world around you, the memories you carry with you, your hopes for the future- all of this being extinguished like a candle flame that is blown out. And afterwards, there would be nothing. Not even emptiness. Not even loneliness. Not even pain.” 2 likes