Start by marking “Final Beginnings” as Want to Read:
Final Beginnings

Final Beginnings

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  171 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Four families. One tunnel. And the survival of the country is at stake. Against the backdrop of serial terrorist attacks in New York City, psychic medium John Edward's second novel follows the lives of four people and their diverse experiences with life and death on personal and global levels.

There's the cantankerous Brooklyn police chief on the brink of retirement who lo

Published August 20th 2004 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Final Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Beginnings

veganjilly
Apr 07, 2011 veganjilly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, favorites
Although I am a HUGE fan of John Edward's nonfiction books, I didn't have very high expectations for this book. I don't know why, and as it turns out, low expectations were highly unwarranted! This book was EXCELLENT. I was surprised by how action-packed it was; I could not put it down and in fact finished it in a couple of days (it is also a fairly quick read). There are several characters that get introduced one after the other and I was afraid I'd get confused, but I didn't. Everything was la ...more
PJ Swanwick
Apr 26, 2011 PJ Swanwick rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-age
Edward's psychic thriller fails to deliver much spiritual depth

John Edward's second novel, a supernatural thriller, is more "thriller" than "supernatural." Co-written by Natasha Stoynoff, Final Beginnings offers a quick beach read with a reasonably suspenseful story. However, I was disappointed by its lack of spiritual exploration.

Spiritual/metaphysical content: Low. Given John Edward's international reputation as a psychic medium and author of seven books, I expected a more substantial metaphy
Juliewheatcox.Net
I can easily see this book becoming a movie. It's got the action that so many people crave, plus illustrates how God can bring people together to create a miracle. The scenes in the end also show the other side, and that our loved ones are there and watching over us.
Jodi Morgan
Apr 07, 2014 Jodi Morgan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Panda1602
Mar 08, 2013 Panda1602 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I knew of John Edwards was 'Crossing Over', Pyschic Medium. As always, when I read something I keep an open mind. This novel was breathtakingly awesome. It takes the reader to levels that challenge the mind, not only in character outlays, but also in the unfoldment of the story. It is gripping and keeps you edgy whilst at the same time asking yourself "why?". As incarnate souls some do have a hard time coming to terms with death, crossing over, and receiving messages from the beyond the veil ...more
Paige Collingwood
Was really surprised what a good writer he is. Really
enjoyed the book and i made me cry at the end
Mary Beth
Apr 25, 2014 Mary Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly enjoyable and emotional releasing
Cami
Mar 16, 2016 Cami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! John Edward never disappoints!
Roberta
Dec 22, 2012 Roberta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second time I've read this book. I just can't get enough of the page-turning, life & death drama which unfolds in New York City. A disillusioned psychic, able to converse with those who have made the transition to the 'other side,' foretells all the chaos in advance, though no one believes her until it's too late. A genetics tycoon has built an empire, though it all comes crashing down - partially due to his genius son.
Liisa
Apr 17, 2008 Liisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read (and loved) John's books "Crossing Over" and "One Last Time", I was intrigued to read his first attempt at fiction.

I was not disappointed! In fact I was surprised at how quickly I was drawn into the story and how embroiled I became in the lives and journey of each character!

I only hope the rumours of a sequel are true.
Maria Carmo
A thriling romance by one of the best known mediums of our time. Intense and with a lot os suspense, the story develops as we get to know the characters. An adventure where each will find a different outcome, and all will overcome their own limitations.

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon 23rd. October 2013.
Leora Stutes
This novel has woven into the story psychic phenomenon. It's about a brilliant genetics researcher & his strange son, a police captain, a reporter, a psychic, a retired military man, etc. The story includes explosions and threats of them. It was an interesting story and I enjoyed it.
Robin
Aug 29, 2008 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Validating, captivating, timely. Trust your gut instinct. My comments are limited- too close to home for now.
Beth
Feb 28, 2011 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not at all what I expected from John Edward, but a good thriller with a great premise.
Nicole
Dec 04, 2013 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
How do you read the book?! Help asap
Pattik
Sep 24, 2008 Pattik rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting book
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Vivek Negi
Vivek Negi marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Ahmad Masood
Ahmad Masood rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Rhod Belle
Rhod Belle rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Taya
Taya marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Sujan Dey
Sujan Dey marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Mary Yamaguchi
Mary Yamaguchi rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Subir Kachroo
Subir Kachroo rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Austin Heinzerling
Austin Heinzerling rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Kevin Vogler
Kevin Vogler marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
B F
B F rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Melissa Denneny
Melissa Denneny marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Jessica Ferguson
Jessica Ferguson marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
  • Angel Therapy: Healing Messages for Every Area of Your Life
  • Do It Yourself Akashic Wisdom: Access the Library of Your Soul
  • The Little Book of Horse Quotes (Little Quote Books)
  • Lit from Within: The Sacred Path to Healthy Self-Esteem and Permanent Weight Loss