Start by marking “Frankenstein (Illustrated Classic Editions)” as Want to Read:
Frankenstein (Illustrated Classic Editions)

Frankenstein (Illustrated Classic Editions)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  331 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The epic battle between man and monster reaches its greatest pitch in the famous story of Frankenstein. In trying to create life, the young student Victor Frankenstein unleashes forces beyond his control, setting into motion a long and tragic chain of events that brings Victor himself to the very brink. How he tries to destroy his creation, as it destroys everything Victor...more
Paperback, Illustrated Classic Editions, 239 pages
Published 2002 by Playmore (first published June 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Frankenstein, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankenstein

Sariah
Have you ever regreted doing something, well victor Frankenstein regreted creating this horible monster that had ruin his life. The genre of this book is fiction because Victor Frankenstein created a human out of dead peoples body parts and brang him back to life. My opinion on this book is I loved this book because first i love how Victor frankenstein is so devoded so his work. ***spoil alert*** Second i like when the monster kills everone that Frankenstein loves.

The conflict of this book is p...more
Thomas
This book is Epic with a great storyline and i just loved it. If you think of Frankenstein you think of a green not-so-scary guy. In truth he is evil with a capital e. i reccomend it to anyone who likes classic horror. But Dr. Frankenstein is either a wuss or he needs to see a doctor because its not normal to faint so much.
Isa Lot
No me lo esperaba en absoluto, pero es uno de los libros más bonitos que he leído. Es tan profundo y tan... poético. El sufrimiento de la criatura, las pasiones, las venganzas, el egoismo, los errores cometidos tanto por Frankenstein como por la criatura en sus tiempos de inmadurez. Me ha gustado mucho, sin duda un gran clásico.
Teresa Pinegar
Talk about having your life ruined by a choice you made. I never even scene the movie but I had a basic knowledge of the book. Actually reading the store gave me a deeper understanding of why Victor needed to create someone to be his friend yet he did not realize that this monster he created would become his enemy. This a great classic novel espically fitting to ready durning Halloween.
A.k. Frailey
Frankenstein had to be one of the more distressing cautionary tales I have ever read, though I must admit - it really packed a punch. Mary Shelly makes excellent points and at times my imagination was staggered by the implications of what she was saying to this generation. There is a reason why it remains a classic.
Izaak I.
It was an okay book, however I think it was a little to short and did not show enough of the story.
Matthew Bartlett
I loved this series of books back then. Of course I have to add it!
Jillian McAdams
Mar 04, 2009 Jillian McAdams rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Science fiction lovers
One of my all time favorites. I didn't read originally until college but I haven't really put it down since. A story within a story within a story about a well-meaning scientist, Frankenstein, trying to play god. This book is an excellent spark for modern moral questions. Shelley was way ahead of her time and beyond her years (being only in her teens when written, I believe). The story follows Frankenstein's monster and how he makes his way in the world, dealing with being created only to be aba...more
Tini2510
"...something that felt good could also give pain..." and so does technology. Victor created a monster and he himself frightened when seeing him and that led the monster to commit crimes. This story has such a sad ending, every people Victor loved died because of the monster and even him. And I can withdrew a lesson from this book, that's responsibility. We all have to be response for what we did or the result will be really terrible.
Mary
This is my all time favorite book! I always wanted to find out more about the story of Frankenstein, and when I finally read it, I was super satisfied! I thought it might be really scary, but it was more spooky and suspenseful in my opinion. I don't know how to describe this book in more words than... I LOVED IT!
Joy (Cheery♡Reads)
Horror. Abandonment. Tragedy. I seldom read these genres of novels because they are simply depressing but Mary Shelley was brilliant. Her story was simple and intriguing. She managed to kept me turning from page to page so as to find out what will happen next. A bitter sweet ending with a thought provoking message.
Ane
I really liked this story! I'm sure it wasn't as graphic as the original since it was a kid's version of the story, but I really enjoyed all the twists and turns and suspense in it!
Now if only Frankenstein could be as appealing as Edward Cullen. . . . :) I don't think that will ever happen! :)
Melissa
I think this was a nice adaptation of the original for younger audiences or readers who need easier wording to understand to be told the story of Frankenstein. I have not ever read the original story, but after reading this book I think I may look for it.
Brigit
I was really cranky when I found this to be an adapted version. I had read so many comments on how good of a book this was and it was stupid, at least my version was. I'll have to read the original version and see if I like it better.
Susan
This book is a classic, but was difficult to read. Boy, the story was different than I thought. None of the classic parts from movies was there. I sometimes flet that I had grabbed the wrong book.
Mark T.
Definitely thought I was reading the real, whole version of this book when I was like 13.

I still feel a little cheated.
Jessie
I loved this book so much! I read it when I was 10 and devoured all 200+ pages in one sitting.
Xochitl
it was an interesting book, creeping and sad. I liked it though
Cws
JAR5-She
Clydelee
Clydelee marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Felling
Felling marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Dell
Dell marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Elle
Elle added it
Oct 17, 2014
  • The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
  • Oliver Twist
  • Little Women (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
  • A Journey to the Center of the Earth (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • King Solomon's Mines
  • Moby Dick (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Three Musketeers (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Swiss Family Robinson (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Man in the Iron Mask (Great Illustrated Classics)
  •  ألغاز إدجار آلان بو
  • Hide and Shriek (Ghosts of Fear Street, #1)
  • The Wishing Stone (Spooksville, #9)
  • The Twisted Claw (Hardy Boys, #18)
  • Jack Plank Tells Tales
  • Bindings (The Books of Magic, #2)
Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Hound of the Baskervilles (Illustrated Classic Editions) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Great Illustrated Classics) The Secret Garden (Great Illustrated Classics) David Copperfield (Illustrated Classic Editions) The Invisible Man (Great Illustrated Classics)

“I was seized by remorse and the sense of guilt, which hurried me away to a hell of intense tortures as no language can describe” 27 likes