Start by marking “Frankenstein (Illustrated Classic Editions)” as Want to Read:
Frankenstein (Illustrated Classic Editions)

Frankenstein (Illustrated Classic Editions)

The epic battle between man and monster reaches its greatest pitch in the famous story of Frankenstein. In trying to create life, the young student Victor Frankenstein unleashes forces beyond his control, setting into motion a long and tragic chain of events that brings Victor himself to the very brink. How he tries to destroy his creation, as it destroys everything Victor ...more
Paperback, Illustrated Classic Editions, 239 pages
Published 2002 by Playmore

To ask other readers questions about Frankenstein, please sign up.

Sariah
Oct 24, 2013 Sariah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever regreted doing something, well victor Frankenstein regreted creating this horible monster that had ruin his life. The genre of this book is fiction because Victor Frankenstein created a human out of dead peoples body parts and brang him back to life. My opinion on this book is I loved this book because first i love how Victor frankenstein is so devoded so his work. ***spoil alert*** Second i like when the monster kills everone that Frankenstein loves.

The conflict of this book is p
Thomas
Oct 18, 2012 Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is Epic with a great storyline and i just loved it. If you think of Frankenstein you think of a green not-so-scary guy. In truth he is evil with a capital e. i reccomend it to anyone who likes classic horror. But Dr. Frankenstein is either a wuss or he needs to see a doctor because its not normal to faint so much.
Katie Grant
Dec 04, 2014 Katie Grant rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an adaption of the original Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, making it more suitable for younger readers or those who are very sensitive to horror but want to read Frankenstein. Every other page has beautiful illustrations so it's really 169 pages of text and not 238. The illustrations have that classic murder mystery look seen in books like the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew but have a style that brings an element of horror. They are absolutely exquisite.

I've never read the original Frankenstei
Teresa Pinegar
Sep 24, 2014 Teresa Pinegar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talk about having your life ruined by a choice you made. I never even seen the movie but I had a basic knowledge of the book. I can't believe Victor couldn't stand to be around his own creation and turned his back on him. Those closes to him suffered the most. This a great classic novel espically fitting to ready durning Halloween.
Celia Solano Rubio
Is a spectacular and tragic novel...
Frankenstein is a good person whom society change.
It teach us that some "monsters" are best than many "humans". And some "humans" can become to "monsters".
Izaak I.
Aug 25, 2014 Izaak I. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an okay book, however I think it was a little to short and did not show enough of the story.
Matthew Bartlett
Jul 06, 2014 Matthew Bartlett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series of books back then. Of course I have to add it!
Juliakayliu
Aug 12, 2014 Juliakayliu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.85 stars!
Peter
Feb 06, 2017 Peter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adaptation of Shelley's novel for children. I think well done, and not too prissy (how could it be, given the story). I've never read the full Frankenstein, but I'm intrigued to take a whack at that at some point.
Hagan Austin
Mar 16, 2016 Hagan Austin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently read the book Frankenstein. The author of this book is Mary Shelley, and the genre is mystery/horror. I got it from the BMS library, and it has 139 pages in it. After reading it, I would give it four out of five stars. I would give it this rating because it is a really good book, but it is not one of my favorites. The three things I like most about this book is the horror, mystery, and detail. This ugly, scary looking monster is roaming around trying to ruin Victor Frankenstein's (his ...more
Ambika
Nov 24, 2015 Ambika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is strangest book I've ever read. So the story takes place in the 19th century. A man named Victor goes to University, and in his hostel room one night, creates a monster (meant to be a human "brought back to life") from the dead flesh of corpses. The experiment works, but not in the way that Victor wants it to. The monster, Frankenstein, is one that has killed all those Victor has loved, including his little brother, and his foster sister/fiancee. He (Frankenstein) claims he does this ...more
Brandon Ford
The book Frankenstein is by Malvina g. Vogel. some of the main characters are. Frankenstein and the creator of him. The book starts out with a scientist That has a project he needs to do and he is creating a monster that is called Frankenstein. so when he creates this monster he left one night and the monster was gone. The next night he went to bed and he woke up and the monster was starring right into his eyes. you will have to read the book if you want to find out what happens later in the boo ...more
Bryan Reyes
Oct 09, 2014 Bryan Reyes rated it liked it
I've just read an abridged version of this book. I'm planning to read an unabridged version because I feel, of course, something's missing in this shortened version. Since this is an abridged version, the story development was too quick; transitions are somehow forced; and, the suspense and thriller is not ecstatic. I'll reserve my judgment and review it thoroughly when I've read the actual novel.
Tini2510
"...something that felt good could also give pain..." and so does technology. Victor created a monster and he himself frightened when seeing him and that led the monster to commit crimes. This story has such a sad ending, every people Victor loved died because of the monster and even him. And I can withdrew a lesson from this book, that's responsibility. We all have to be response for what we did or the result will be really terrible.
Joy (Cheery♡Reads)
Oct 25, 2010 Joy (Cheery♡Reads) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Horror. Abandonment. Tragedy. I seldom read these genres of novels because they are simply depressing but Mary Shelley was brilliant. Her story was simple and intriguing. She managed to kept me turning from page to page so as to find out what will happen next. A bitter sweet ending with a thought provoking message.
A.k. Frailey
Aug 10, 2014 A.k. Frailey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frankenstein had to be one of the more distressing cautionary tales I have ever read, though I must admit - it really packed a punch. Mary Shelly makes excellent points and at times my imagination was staggered by the implications of what she was saying to this generation. There is a reason why it remains a classic.
Mary
Nov 16, 2009 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my all time favorite book! I always wanted to find out more about the story of Frankenstein, and when I finally read it, I was super satisfied! I thought it might be really scary, but it was more spooky and suspenseful in my opinion. I don't know how to describe this book in more words than... I LOVED IT!
Isa Lot
Aug 07, 2014 Isa Lot rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No me lo esperaba en absoluto, pero es uno de los libros más bonitos que he leído. Es tan profundo y tan... poético. El sufrimiento de la criatura, las pasiones, las venganzas, el egoismo, los errores cometidos tanto por Frankenstein como por la criatura en sus tiempos de inmadurez. Me ha gustado mucho, sin duda un gran clásico.
Melissa
Oct 07, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-gave-away
I think this was a nice adaptation of the original for younger audiences or readers who need easier wording to understand to be told the story of Frankenstein. I have not ever read the original story, but after reading this book I think I may look for it.
Ane
Mar 16, 2008 Ane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story! I'm sure it wasn't as graphic as the original since it was a kid's version of the story, but I really enjoyed all the twists and turns and suspense in it!
Now if only Frankenstein could be as appealing as Edward Cullen. . . . :) I don't think that will ever happen! :)
Emily
May 17, 2016 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this aloud to my kids and it sparked a fantastic discussion about the importance of taking time to not judge someone by their looks or actions. Even my youngest enjoyed listening to the story and discussing what went on.
Brigit
May 22, 2012 Brigit rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was really cranky when I found this to be an adapted version. I had read so many comments on how good of a book this was and it was stupid, at least my version was. I'll have to read the original version and see if I like it better.
Cameron
A monster created by a scientist with a mind of his own, Frankenstein is a good book for those who like horror I would recommend this book to anyone who loves horror.
Arwen
Jan 13, 2013 Arwen rated it it was ok
Illustrated Classic Edition of Frankenstein is short and sweet, but keeps true to the story of young Dr. Frankenstein and his monster. A good intro to a classic work.
Susan
Jul 21, 2009 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a classic, but was difficult to read. Boy, the story was different than I thought. None of the classic parts from movies was there. I sometimes flet that I had grabbed the wrong book.
Prettypinktulips
this is an alright adaption of the original novel. definitely a recommended read for mid to upper elementary school kids.
Mark T.
Feb 07, 2008 Mark T. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Definitely thought I was reading the real, whole version of this book when I was like 13.

I still feel a little cheated.
Greg
Greg rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Lei
Lei rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2015
711alexd
711alexd rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2010
  • Dracula (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Mutiny on Board HMS Bounty (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Time Machine (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Peter Pan
  • Pride and Prejudice (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Last of the Mohicans (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
  • King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
  • Little Women (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • A Journey to the Center of the Earth (Great Illustrated Classics)

“I was seized by remorse and the sense of guilt, which hurried me away to a hell of intense tortures as no language can describe” 28 likes
“I endeavoured to crush these fears and to fortify myself for the trial which in a few months I resolved to undergo; and sometimes I allowed my thoughts, unchecked by reason, to ramble in the fields of Paradise, and dared to fancy amiable and lovely creatures sympathizing with my feelings and cheering my gloom; their angelic countenances breathed smiles of consolation. But it was all a dream; no Eve soothed my sorrows nor shared my thoughts ; I was alone. I remembered Adam's supplication to his Creator. But where was mine? He had abondoned me, and in the bitterness of my heart I cursed him."---Frankenstein's monster, Frankenstein” 6 likes