Start by marking “Smile, Baby, Smile (Picture Books Large)” as Want to Read:
Smile, Baby, Smile (Picture Books Large)

Smile, Baby, Smile (Picture Books Large)

Whatever can they do to make the baby happy? When the baby starts to cry the family try all they can to make him smile again. A song, a game of pit-a-pat, and even a drive in the car don't work. Anyone who has ever helped look after a baby will recognize the familiar situations in this charming and funny story.
Published by Parragon Inc 2007-05-01 (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Smile, Baby, Smile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smile, Baby, Smile

Bernadette
Oct 16, 2012 Bernadette rated it really liked it
Shelves: colors, family
This book caught my attention because of the beautiful illustrations. The bright colors and detailed pictures will keep the attention of beginning readers up to older readers. It is a book for the classroom for young and beginning readers as well as a book to have at home to be read by parents to their little ones.
It shows how a family works together to make the baby happy by trying everything yet overlooking something simple.

Lesson: Teacher can plan an activity to include color recognition as
L.a. Fraser-mcpherson
May 08, 2013 L.a. Fraser-mcpherson rated it really liked it
This book is a nice book for younger children in the EYFS. The book is about a little baby who's parent and siblings try many ways to make the baby stop crying. The baby is humorous and younger children will definitely find it interesting. I would use this story for story/carpet time and maybe link it to PSHE by asking them afterwards which ways they would have thought of/tried to make the baby smile. It could also be linked to them thinking about what needs to be done in order to look after a b ...more
Britt
Dec 18, 2011 Britt rated it really liked it
This is the book I have to read every night with my two-year-old. No matter what else we read, we always have to end with this one. She loves the rhythm of the book, the rhymes, and all the things they try to do to make the baby smile.
Kelly Thevenot
Smile, Baby, Smile is a young childrens book with very good illustrations. I wouldn't use this book to teach a lesson to my students, I would read it when we would have extra time throughout the day.
Shelby Troutman
Shows the fun of having a new baby. I would ust this if a student's mother was expecting to show how fun and stressful it can be.
Kayla
Jul 23, 2012 Kayla rated it it was amazing
I love this book because my daughter can read it all by herself. She can hardly talk, but you can understand when she says, "And the be... cryyyyy"
Bethany McCandless
Bethany McCandless rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Jane Rupp
Jane Rupp rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Kathy E.
Kathy E. rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Ashley
Jul 24, 2011 Ashley rated it liked it
Cute! I really enjoyed the rhyming until the end, but it did and with a SMILE!!!
Purva Ladge
Purva Ladge rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Sharper1
Sharper1 rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2012
Jess
Jess rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2014
Jaxon
Apr 24, 2010 Jaxon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My mama gave me this book for Christmas in 2008 and I still laugh at it.
Rosalyn Cabo
Rosalyn Cabo rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
Tredyffrin Children
Tredyffrin Children rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Kara
Kara rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2013
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Kathy
Kathy added it
Dec 31, 2011
Yamcine Marujie
Yamcine Marujie marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
April Todd-welsh
April Todd-welsh marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Tracey
Tracey added it
Apr 14, 2013
Alexandra Pilon
Alexandra Pilon marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2013
Mollie Osburn
Mollie Osburn marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Danielle Minerve
Danielle Minerve marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Maria Medrano
Maria Medrano marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
María
María marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Kim
Kim added it
Oct 18, 2014
Asfi
Asfi marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Sabah
Sabah marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Noralyn Herrera
Noralyn Herrera marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Inma
Inma marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Katherine Crawford
Katherine Crawford marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Carrie Niemi
Carrie Niemi marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016

I wrote my first book when I was 8 years old. I glued photos of my cats in a blank book and wrote about them, too. Now I am an internationally-published children's author commended by the Library of Congress for my work encouraging children to read.
I write in a room between a deli and an art gallery on a small town street. I can see families walking by, and I can hear children laughing and playing
More about Moira Butterfield...