Start by marking “Leaves of Hope” as Want to Read:
Leaves of Hope

Leaves of Hope

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  15 reviews
An adventurous spirit has always set Beth Lowell apart in her family, creating tension with her mother, Jan, who cherishes stability. Beth, a risk taker who traverses the globe for her job, wonders how Jan, now widowed, can endure her staid, predictable life. Then a note hidden inside an antique tea set reveals that Jan has kept a shocking secret from Beth.

Beth's search fo
Published November 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Leaves of Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leaves of Hope

Alexa
In my personal opinion, the ending was not satisfactory. Thus, it was a bit of disappointment for me. I skimmed a lot, especially in Jan's parts. I didn't really like her character. If only the ending were complete, I would be a one happy gal.
Carolyn
Very interesting plot. A teapot sends a woman searching for her birth father while at odds with her mother who believes he is dead and wants her daughter to forget about him.
Melissa
Beth finds a box and discovers she has a different birth father, goes looking for him. Very stilted character interaction.
Evelyn
An adventurous spirit has always set Beth Lowell apart in her family, creating tension with her mother. Beth, who travels all over the world for her job, wonders how her widowed mother Jan can endure her staid, predictable life. Then a note hidden inside an antique tea

A satisfying, gentle read. Likeable characters who solve real-life problems. Highly recommend.
Hannah
OK, well I love Cathrine Palmer! Her stories are always inspiring. While reading, I thought I had the whole thing figured out, but I didn't. I really liked it. It's a nice light-hearted read that you can put down and begin again without loosing what you're reading. I finished it quickly...probably about three days.
Cheryl-Lynn
I have started reading one other of Catherine Palmer's books. I didn't enjoy it so stopped. I really liked this book. It was a fast read, uplifting, and a fun little romance. There is a lot of christian beliefs intermixed which I don't mind- it's nice to know there are other religious people out there.
Dani Moore
I really enjoyed following Beth on her journey to find "her roots" so to speak. I was my mothers bio child but was just as foreign to her. I loved the message that faith is not always comfortable or easy. Easy reading. Finioshed in 2 days.
Christal
easy read, but I really liked it. It made me think so much about our different personalities and how God uses each person's gifts. It also dealt with out fears and to not let them stop you from living.
Hannah
It was a good book, but I didn't like the ending. What happened was good, I just feel like she should have expounded or told us a little more of what happened after the ending--like a summarizing epilogue.
Linda Simons
I am really liking Catheriine Palmer's writing. Book number two for me. Read it in 2 evenings. Interesting characters with Christian background in the story lines.
Stephi C
Predictable, but touched my heart and really captured the inner struggles of the characters that many of us can relate to.
Jill
This book was completely predictable, but enjoyed the light read and the happy story.
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Jun 26, 2014
Nosipho N
Nosipho N marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Gloria Hogg
Gloria Hogg marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...
Prairie Rose (A Town Called Hope, #1) A Kiss of Adventure (Treasures of the Heart #1) The Bachelor's Bargain (Miss Pickworth Series #2) The Affectionate Adversary (Miss Pickworth Series #1) Finders Keepers