Start by marking “Fallen” as Want to Read:
Fallen

Fallen (Coyote Moon #1)

By midnight he still hadn't killed anyone. Dr. Dakota Thomas isn't prepared for the gunshot victim who rolled through his emergency room doors. Michael Ricco looks like an average young Marine. His dog tags, however, tell a different story. How could this fresh-faced Marine have a birth date of 1898? What was he doing wandering in the desert at night, alone and wounded? An ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Lyrical Press, Inc (first published November 16th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen

Rebecca Rose
Dec 27, 2010 Rebecca Rose rated it it was amazing
Dr. Dakota Thomas just sewed up a gun shot wound in his ER. The young Marine's only identification is his dog tags that couldn't possible be right. How could this boy have been born in 1898? Now, Dakota is on a mission to find out who this man is, why he was wondering around the desert alone, and who would want to kill him.

With a world forever trying to learn nature's secrets to live longer, how far will mankind go? And at what sacrifice?
Warning: combat situations and blood

Oh, my friend Ms. Ann
Courtney Vail
Mar 30, 2014 Courtney Vail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FALLEN is a fast-paced thriller that asks the question: Is the suffering of a few okay when the end results can help millions?

You're instantly thrown into the chaotic life of e.r. doctor, Dakota Thomas, when he meets his newest patient, a gunshot victim, sporting dog tags that label him as being over one hundred years old. As Dakota sets out to uncover the truth, the tension explodes and holds taut until very near the end, and just when it lets up, danger threatens to swallow all the main charac
Linda Peregory
May 04, 2011 Linda Peregory rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new author, Ann Simko tells a story as well as more seasoned pros. While not in the "kiterary: catagory, her work definitely fits s a good read. Vivid characters, adreneline pumping action, and an intimacy with her characters, and a love and genuine concern for them combine to quickly remove you for everyday life for a while. By the time you finish One of Ann Simko's novwels, you feel refreshed, satisfied, and as if you have been blessed with new friends. You can't help but relater to he chara ...more
Feb 22, 2015 June Kramin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Montana & Dakota story! I love the banter with these 2. Random LOLs are good for the soul. :) It was great getting some back story on them & their life. And now having more family with great, real personalities is a bonus. Glad I don't have to wait long for number 4.

******possible spoiler******
I loved the one-line life lessons that make you think. When I read a line & the next line was "Montana read that 100 times before he was interrupted..." I had read it 10, letting
Tina Hayes
Feb 02, 2010 Tina Hayes rated it really liked it
Shelves: tnbw
"Fallen" is a debut novel from Ann Simko. Set in Nevada, this thriller follows Private Michael Ricco after his escape from an underground bunker. Dr. Dakota Thomas is swept up in the mystery of how his patient came to be wearing dog tags that put his birthdate at 110 years in the past. Evil is a step behind these men as they pair up in a struggle to stay alive and stop 'The General', aided by the doctor's brother and a band of his Army Ranger friends.

This is the first in a series of three, and
Melissa
Apr 30, 2016 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016, own
Very good read by a local author!

Secret military bases, medical experiments, an on the run adventure ride, a man with a mysterious past and the doctor trying to help him, who gets in way deeper than he ever imagined, with some heartache and tears on the way through, plus some strong portraits of brotherhood in all its forms. Just how far is too far?

Great read, and I'm looking forward to the next one.
Jan 19, 2016 June Kramin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from Ann Simko! As always, I loved following the unique story line. Lots of page-turning twists and turns, keeping you guessing and up late! As always, I loved her characters and the bonds and relationships that grow with the story.
Caroline Barker
Feb 26, 2015 Caroline Barker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Please note there are some slight spoilers for the first half of the book*

Fallen is an extremely gripping, fast-paced action thriller, written well and with passion – it is an exciting read that will keep your adrenalin flowing throughout. We first meet Ricco, shot and injured in the desert, where it is unclear exactly what has happened to him. This is a super beginning as the reader is drawn into this guy’s ordeal and immediately asks questions that we need to find the answers to. Who is shoot
Kathleen Piel
Feb 01, 2014 Kathleen Piel rated it it was amazing
A young man runs through the desert with a gunshot wound, afraid for his life, and afraid of his life. An unseen foe bears down on him. He trips, falls and comes to, in a small hospital.The doctor and staff that come to his aid have no idea what helping this man may cost them. Thus begins the story of Fallen ; a tale of intrigue, conspiracy, and medical mysteries.

While Fallen is a non-stop story of mystery, danger, and blood pounding excitement, it also tells of the the relationship of two bro
Cindy Amrhein
I was hooked on the first chapter when Private Michael Ricco ends up in the emergency room under the care of Dr. Dakota Thomas, with dog tags that read his birth date as 1898. It was non-stop action, suspense, danger, the works after that.

Dakota's brother Montana and his crew reminds me of the A-Team--covert operations under the radar. The brothers relationship is complex which adds to the story. I love when I read a book and the characters are so well rounded and believable I feel like I person
SueM
Ann Simko has written an excellent debut novel with consistent pacing, good action sequences and interesting characters all wrapped up in a conspiracy theory worthy of the X-Files. To tell the truth, I was a little surprised that this was a novel by a first-time author as the writing certainly doesn't betray the fact. The characters are well-rounded, particularly the brothers Dakota and Montana, as they are given a past that fits well with their current responses to what's happening to and aroun ...more
Diana Hockley
May 15, 2011 Diana Hockley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank goodness the author of this book, Ann Simko, has a fertile mind. I couldn't have borne it if the Thomas brothers hadn't turned up again. This time it is Montana Thomas who is in deep trouble.

What would you do, fellas, if you fell asleep with the woman you love asleep in your arms and then wake up next to her bloody corpse? You would be astonished, to say the least! This is the scenario which faces Montana and there is only one person who can help him, his brother Dakota who is, unfortunate
Cathy
May 30, 2014 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-nook
I got this book 12-19-2012 and I remember I read it but not when I read it. I just re read it. It was in Nook which I don't use much and I was not able to access the book on my pc. Barnes and Noble told me I would not be able to re download it as it was no longer available on their site. UGH
I do not like their customer service. However this is supposed to be a review of the book not a complaint. I did like the book a lot. I was only able to re read it as it was still on my iphone.
I loved how t
Matthew Young
May 08, 2011 Matthew Young rated it it was amazing
This book poses a huge "what if" question, as stated by the author's profile at the back of the book. What if it was possible to find cures for the deadly maladies that we face each day? At what price should these cures come at? What if we must sacrifice the life and freedom of one man to cure thousands? What if that one person was held against his will?

The morality aspect of this book is the driving force behind the author's writing, it seems. The characters are believable, but at times the con
Rainy Day
Nov 20, 2011 Rainy Day rated it it was amazing
I am an avid thriller and mystery reader. This book was amazing. The first chapter lured me in, and by the third chapter I was unable to resume life ‘till I found out how it ended.

Two of the main characters, Dakota and Montana were conflicted, but not unbelievably so. Mr. Bad Guy General was a character I loved to hate. He was creepy and I was rooting for his demise. The mysterious character that started the whole thing was believable, which given the plot was a feat!

There were many peaks and v
May 15, 2011 Diana Hockley rated it it was amazing
When the gunshot victim is carried through the emergency room doors, Dr Dakota Thomas is astounded to read the dog tags around his neck. This 20-something-year-old has a birth date of 1898! Almost immediately, Dakota is drawn into a whirlwind of danger. Someone is willing to commit mass murder to prevent anyone finding out the story behind the mystery.

Just how far is legitimate for experimentation to have people live longer? And as Ann Simko asks, how many must die to keep one person alive?

I was
T.
I received Fallen as an ARC (advance reader's copy) book from the author. The gifting did not determine the review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion. A definite 5-star read. Fast action, intricate plot, excellent character development, and solid writing. This is not a feel-good book, but it's an edge-of-your-seat nail biter. The villain is eerily, psychologically obsessed with his mission, and the trauma scenes are believably intense. Read this is one sitting and I recommend to thriller, ...more
Diana Hockley
Oh yes, here I am again with another review oof Ann Simko's work, The Coyote's Song.
I was rather surprised to discover that the publishers of her work actually insisted on bringing this book out last. This is because it covers the beginning of the Thomas' brothers search for their origins - the father they never knew and the mystery which their mother has taken to the grave.

With her usual expertise, Ann Simko draws the reader deep into the lives of these incredibly interesting and attractive ch
Sybil Nelson
Aug 12, 2010 Sybil Nelson rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. It was so raw and riveting that I could practically feel the emotions and pain of the characters. The characters that Ms. Simko created in this book are the strongest aspect. She makes you care about what happens to them. This doesn't diminish the fact that the plot and storyline are so action packed that I was often left breathless at the end of a chapter. This is a definite must read.
Feb 07, 2015 June Kramin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure why I waited so long do dig into number 2 when I remember loving book #1! So much time has passed for me but Ann did a great job of reminded me what had happened. I absolutely love Montana & Dakota. I'm diving right into #3 & thrilled to see a #4!
Michelle
Aug 21, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Great suspense plus a bit of moral ambiguity.
shirley m brosius
Aug 07, 2016 shirley m brosius rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book!
Sep 07, 2011 June Kramin rated it it was amazing
This book held my attention from cover to cover. Wonderful story and amazing characters. You just don't want to put this book down. I look forward to the rest in the series.
E.E. Giorgi
E.E. Giorgi rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2014
Kizzy Herrold
Kizzy Herrold rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Vivian
Vivian rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Ann Simko
Mar 30, 2014 Ann Simko rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Phlossy
Phlossy rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2012
Audrey Fetterman
Audrey Fetterman rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2015
Heather Bokon
Heather Bokon rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Tian's Hero (The Akanti #1)
  • This War of Ours (Garnet, #1)
  • Blue on Black
  • His Faithful Squire (Knight Errant, #2)
  • Bastien (Hidden Breeds, #1)
  • Origin of Darkness (Daeva, #2)
  • Fireheart (Chay Trilogy, #1)
  • Tempering (Jarheads, #4)
  • Whistle Blowing
  • Special Forces: Soldiers Part I -Director's Cut
  • Inherent Gifts
  • The Heart of the Jungle
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Crush (The House on Glass Beach #1)
  • Seven Days (Seven Days, #1)
  • Love is Always Write: Volume One
  • Muffin (Muffin #1)
  • The Engineered Throne (Unbreakable Soldiers #1)
When not writing Ann Simko works as a nurse in a level one trauma center. For fun she studies karate and tries to keep both her children, husband and odd assortment of critters in line. It never works, but that doesn't keep her from trying.
Nothing entertains her more than trying to answer the question "What if?" and then twisting the answer until it becomes warped- cool,huh?
Ann has seven novels pu
More about Ann Simko...

Coyote Moon (2 books)
  • Broken (Coyote Moon Book 4)

“You don't have to do this, Dakota. Nothing that man has to say to you is of any consequence. You already know his song.” 0 likes
“He changed me...here" He tapped his chest. "I'm not sure I can be the same person I used to be."

"I'm not asking you for that, man. I'm not asking you to forget or even forgive. I'm telling you to find a way to get around it, not over it.”
0 likes