Start by marking “Fallen” as Want to Read:
Fallen

Fallen

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Dr Dakota Thomas isn't prepared for the gunshot victim who rolls through his ER doors. Michael Ricco looks like a young Marine who found a lot of trouble, but his dog tags tell a different story. Why was he shot in the back in the middle of the desert? Why were thirteen people murdered to keep his secret and how in the hell could he have a birth date of 1898? In a world we ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Lyrical Press, Inc (first published November 16th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen

Courtney Vail
FALLEN is a fast-paced thriller that asks the question: Is the suffering of a few okay when the end results can help millions?

You're instantly thrown into the chaotic life of e.r. doctor, Dakota Thomas, when he meets his newest patient, a gunshot victim, sporting dog tags that label him as being over one hundred years old. As Dakota sets out to uncover the truth, the tension explodes and holds taut until very near the end, and just when it lets up, danger threatens to swallow all the main charac
Rebecca Rose
Dr. Dakota Thomas just sewed up a gun shot wound in his ER. The young Marine's only identification is his dog tags that couldn't possible be right. How could this boy have been born in 1898? Now, Dakota is on a mission to find out who this man is, why he was wondering around the desert alone, and who would want to kill him.

With a world forever trying to learn nature's secrets to live longer, how far will mankind go? And at what sacrifice?
Warning: combat situations and blood

Oh, my friend Ms. Ann
Tina Hayes
"Fallen" is a debut novel from Ann Simko. Set in Nevada, this thriller follows Private Michael Ricco after his escape from an underground bunker. Dr. Dakota Thomas is swept up in the mystery of how his patient came to be wearing dog tags that put his birthdate at 110 years in the past. Evil is a step behind these men as they pair up in a struggle to stay alive and stop 'The General', aided by the doctor's brother and a band of his Army Ranger friends.

This is the first in a series of three, and
Cindy Amrhein
I was hooked on the first chapter when Private Michael Ricco ends up in the emergency room under the care of Dr. Dakota Thomas, with dog tags that read his birth date as 1898. It was non-stop action, suspense, danger, the works after that.

Dakota's brother Montana and his crew reminds me of the A-Team--covert operations under the radar. The brothers relationship is complex which adds to the story. I love when I read a book and the characters are so well rounded and believable I feel like I person
Kathleen Piel
A young man runs through the desert with a gunshot wound, afraid for his life, and afraid of his life. An unseen foe bears down on him. He trips, falls and comes to, in a small hospital.The doctor and staff that come to his aid have no idea what helping this man may cost them. Thus begins the story of Fallen ; a tale of intrigue, conspiracy, and medical mysteries.

While Fallen is a non-stop story of mystery, danger, and blood pounding excitement, it also tells of the the relationship of two bro
SueM
Ann Simko has written an excellent debut novel with consistent pacing, good action sequences and interesting characters all wrapped up in a conspiracy theory worthy of the X-Files. To tell the truth, I was a little surprised that this was a novel by a first-time author as the writing certainly doesn't betray the fact. The characters are well-rounded, particularly the brothers Dakota and Montana, as they are given a past that fits well with their current responses to what's happening to and aroun ...more
Rainy Day
I am an avid thriller and mystery reader. This book was amazing. The first chapter lured me in, and by the third chapter I was unable to resume life ‘till I found out how it ended.

Two of the main characters, Dakota and Montana were conflicted, but not unbelievably so. Mr. Bad Guy General was a character I loved to hate. He was creepy and I was rooting for his demise. The mysterious character that started the whole thing was believable, which given the plot was a feat!

There were many peaks and v
Matthew Young
This book poses a huge "what if" question, as stated by the author's profile at the back of the book. What if it was possible to find cures for the deadly maladies that we face each day? At what price should these cures come at? What if we must sacrifice the life and freedom of one man to cure thousands? What if that one person was held against his will?

The morality aspect of this book is the driving force behind the author's writing, it seems. The characters are believable, but at times the con
Diana Hockley
When the gunshot victim is carried through the emergency room doors, Dr Dakota Thomas is astounded to read the dog tags around his neck. This 20-something-year-old has a birth date of 1898! Almost immediately, Dakota is drawn into a whirlwind of danger. Someone is willing to commit mass murder to prevent anyone finding out the story behind the mystery.

Just how far is legitimate for experimentation to have people live longer? And as Ann Simko asks, how many must die to keep one person alive?

I was
Sybil Nelson
I highly recommend this book. It was so raw and riveting that I could practically feel the emotions and pain of the characters. The characters that Ms. Simko created in this book are the strongest aspect. She makes you care about what happens to them. This doesn't diminish the fact that the plot and storyline are so action packed that I was often left breathless at the end of a chapter. This is a definite must read.
June Kramin
This book held my attention from cover to cover. Wonderful story and amazing characters. You just don't want to put this book down. I look forward to the rest in the series.
Michelle
Great suspense plus a bit of moral ambiguity.
Caroline Barker
Caroline Barker is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2015
K Stallard
K Stallard marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Nazmul Shuvo
Nazmul Shuvo marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Amanda Fehr
Amanda Fehr marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Casey Mcmakin
Casey Mcmakin marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Pragya
Pragya marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Ann Simko
Mar 30, 2014 Ann Simko rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Leandra Bright
Leandra Bright marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Bri Ann
Bri Ann marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Casey Chapman
Casey Chapman marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Tian's Hero (The Akanti #1)
  • His Faithful Squire (Knight Errant, #2)
  • This War of Ours (Garnet, #1)
  • Origin of Darkness (Daeva, #2)
  • Inherent Gifts
  • Whistle Blowing
  • The Heart of the Jungle
  • Fireheart (Chay Trilogy, #1)
  • Special Forces: Soldiers Part I -Director's Cut
  • Tempering (Jarheads, #4)
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume One
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Muffin (Muffin #1)
  • Seven Days (Seven Days, #1)
  • Crush (The House on Glass Beach #1)
  • The Engineered Throne
  • Jason's Salvation (Great Wolves of Passion, Alaska, #6)
  • Dreaming in Color
When not writing Ann Simko works as a nurse in a level one trauma center. For fun she studies karate and tries to keep both her children, husband and odd assortment of critters in line. It never works, but that doesn't keep her from trying.
Nothing entertains her more than trying to answer the question "What if?" and then twisting the answer until it becomes warped- cool,huh?
Ann has seven novels pu
More about Ann Simko...
Through the Glass The Coyote's Song (Book 3, The Coyote Moon Series) The Center of the Storm Keeper of the Dream Socrates's Child