Start by marking “Worried All the Time” as Want to Read:
Worried All the Time

Worried All the Time

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In the tradition of Dr. Benjamin Spock, who in 1946 revolutionized parenting with the famous opening words of his classic child-rearing guide, "You know more than you think you know," child and family therapist David Anderegg reminds contemporary parents that "parenting is not rocket science. It's not even Chem 101." So why do those of us with children worry so much?

Whethe

Published May 5th 2003 by Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Worried All the Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worried All the Time

Lisa
This a great parenting book for someone like me, who, worries alot, but, also offers some great advice for parents struggling with decisions related to their kids.

One of the interesting concepts that this book includes is that good parenting is the business of negotiating between extremes. And the paradox is that as worrying increases, the wish for clarity also increases and parents turn to scintific solutions for clarity and simple clear answers. But clarity and simplicity are probably not ent
Crystal
Good info about anxiety in today's parenting. My criticism is that it was almost too broad- covered anxiety during early childhood and as kids are teens. That type of book would be difficult to market as most parents are looking for books specific to that age that their child currently is. Would be good for educators and therapists.
Lara
I have mixed emotions about this book. I enjoyed the beginning and the historical look at why parents worry, but the further I delved into this book, the more I was confused by some of his interpretations.

Granted, he's a doctor and I am not, so some of my confusion might be due to a lack of meidcal training.
Sarah Huntington
You'll never get a good review from me by insulting Buffy.

I loved Anderegg's "Nerds," but I was disappointed by this one. Too much anti-TV ranting; not enough research addressing genuine areas of worry. "The Science of Fear" was much better on the same topic.
Danielle Meitiv
Danielle Meitiv marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Adrian Meyers
Adrian Meyers marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Aprilskiver
Aprilskiver marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Kyle Nicholas
Kyle Nicholas marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Jacquie Stebar erickson
Jacquie Stebar erickson marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Dia
Dia marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Morgan
Morgan added it
Dec 30, 2013
Tara Busch
Tara Busch marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Gretchen Champoux
Gretchen Champoux marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2013
Madelyn
Madelyn marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Shay Hampton-Gregory
Shay Hampton-Gregory marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Frank Spencer
Frank Spencer marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Nerds: Who They Are and Why We Need More of Them Nerds: How Dorks, Dweebs, Techies, and Trekkies Can Save America and Why They Might Be Our Last Hope Nerds Nerds: How Dorks, Dweebs, Techies, and Trekkies Can Save America and Why They Might BeOur Last Hope UC_Nerds: How Dorks, Dweebs, Techies, and Trekkies Can Save Americaand Why They Might Be Our Last Hope