Start by marking “Cat's Cradle (String of Fate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cat's Cradle (String of Fate, #1)

Cat's Cradle (String of Fate #1)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  514 ratings  ·  31 reviews
A match made in adventure...and blessed by Chuck Norris.

String of Fate, Book 1

As bad days go, this one qualifies as one for the books. Elaine knew being late for her jiu jitsu class could earn her a reprimand from her sensei. But the sensei's not there. And suddenly, neither is her car. Even walking home becomes problematic when she stumbles onto things that most definitel
Published January 12th 2010 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Cat's Cradle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat's Cradle

Anna-marie Buchner
Just one kiss, I want to taste you

Cat’s Cradle by Bianca D’Arc

I’m a fan of Bianca D’Arc’s books so I had no problem picking this one up. The Cat’s Cradle actually caught my attention from the start. As I delved further into the read it got to the point I really didn’t want to put it down. But hitting 4:30 am when I first started it I knew wouldn’t work.

I was thrilled with her two main characters totally. Refreshing to see a female lead be exactly that. Elaine a nurse by profession was a feisty
Tyra Berger
I was so excited when the book club decided to to a Bianca D'Arc book for October. I have been a fan of hers ever since I discovered Lords of the Were many years ago. She is a wonderful storyteller and the worlds that she creates while fantastical always feel so very real.

Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Elaine's timing couldn't be worse. She stumbles into a conspiracy and a world that is beyond her belief. She may just be a human but she is not going to back down.

Cade is t
Petula
A must for all cat lovers. We have shifter big cats and a heroic domestic cat.
Elaine is running late for her martial arts class, only to find it cancelled. When she leaves , her car is gone and a very sexy but scary man is hanging around. After almost running home she sees there has been trouble at the dojo so she goes back. A man has been badly injured. Being a nurse she jumps into help. That's when things start to get dangerous. Cade is a royal guard. Someone is hunting his queen. He enlists
Alex Ronk
Primer libro en inglés del año (en varios años de hecho) como parte de un desafío de leer libros en inglés, así que decidí comenzar antes de que termine siendo un desafío abandonado. Es parte de una serie, pero según mis investigaciones el segundo libro o aún no lo escribe o no está disponible, pero si alguien sabe más agradecería saber un poco más sobre cuantos libros serán :D

Cuando empecé a leerlo la verdad es que me dio un poco de pereza, porque si soy honesta me da flojerita leer en inglés D
Tracy
Cat's Cradle (String of Fate, #1) was my first foray into Bianca D'Arc's works, and I don't think it was a bad place to start, really. As shifter-themed paranormal romance goes, it has a wide and varied world that perhaps wasn't totally fleshed out in this book, but I certainly got the sense that the author has it fully realized, instead of developing it as she goes. I'm perfectly okay allowing world definition to clarify and build through the arc of a series, in fact preferring it to having it ...more
Jeanne
I enjoyed this book, though not as much as I enjoyed some others so it's gets maybe 3 1/2 stars. There is a decent overacrching plot line that gives a solid base for a continuation of the series - which is always a plus. The world, rules and situation are fairly clear, uncomplicated, and presented throughout the book as needed rather than as an info dump at the beginning of the story (also a plus). Just for a change, the relationship is not full of the usual "resistance" to the charaters budding ...more
Howling
Cat’s Cradle was a lot different than most of Bianca’s books. Yes, there was romance, sex, and lots of her other normal writing plot lines, but this book was full of action. It held me captivated from page one, and it didn’t let go until I finished the book. I wanted to know what was going to happen next from page one, which is saying something.

Elaine is one tough human, which is saying something. So many women are portrayed in romance books as always having to be saved by her “man.” Not Elaine
Kami
1st book read from Bianca D'Arc and it was pretty good.

The main character was Ellie & I really liked her. She was sweet, forgiving, adaptable, & feisty. Cade walks into her life and from that moment on it is a mess. A mess with amazing sex but a mess none the less. Cade is a shifter & Ellie did not even know shifters or any other supernatural exists. So discovering Cade's secret along with a whole new perspective on the world would leave some in a whirlwind. Ellie was no exception b
M Alexandra Gonsalves
When Elaine meets Cade, It's not under the safest on circumstances. Elaine unknowingly walks in during a mysterious meeting at her Martial Arts Dojo. She is asked to leave by her teacher, only to learn her car is stolen, while calling 911. She is spooked by Cade unaware he's a shapeshifter Cade apoligizes to her and offers his assistance, she declines. Decides to walk to her Apartment, which luckily isn't so far away. Cade follows her home, then returns to the Dojo to find the whole building is ...more
Brittany
I received the second book in the series for free from Netgalley so of course I had to read this one first. I really enjoyed this book. I had read another from this author and did not love it but this one had a great story and funny characters. It was a great combination. Looking forward to starting book two.
Charlie Lepelletier
it was a okay book, it was weird how easy the main character was with the whole Hey! where nto human thing...... anyone would freak out but she's fine with it? I did exspect some kind of reaction and well things happened and they had to go to a safe house and pretty much from when they went in it was SEX SEX SEX! the whole thing was weird as well. there was a little twist at the end with Elaine (the main female character) which was cool and the fact that no one believed that Elaine could defend ...more
Michele bookloverforever
I really enjoyed this one. loved the dialogue, plot and characters. slightly magical and very sassy gets a dominant and alpha shifter of the panther variety...after battling evil sorcerers and evil werewolf.
Amber
You really got to love a book with a warning label like this one----This book contains bad language,great sex,sometimes hostile,but always sexy,big cat shifters on the prowl, and lots of tuna for chuck.....wait a minute....tuna??----
Thrust into a world where the supernatural is commonplace, Elaine finds her considerable martial arts skill tested to the limit,and her ability to resist Cade crumbling by the second. So,when nothing is as it seems,the last things she can trust are her own instinct
Anita
Cat's Cradle is the #1 book in the String of Fate trilogy, if you liked Bianca D'Arc's Tales of the Were and Brotherhood of Blood series you should read this book. This trilogy takes place in the same world but follows a different group of shifters in a slightly different part of the world.

I enjoyed this book very much and started the #2 book King's Throne immediately.
MK
This is a story about how fate intervenes and makes two people from different realms find each other. Anyway, both the h and H are refreshing. It's nice to see a heroine who does not back down and can stand on her own. The plot is definitely interesting, but I tend to skim the scenes where the h/H are both thinking their feelings and acting on it, because it kinda repeats itself in the story. Still, this is an entertaining book and can't wait for the next book of this series.
Jordan Jas
Nov 02, 2013 Jordan Jas rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any Supernatural Romance Lover!
This book is one of the best that I have ever read. Cade not only makes me laugh, but is one of the bravest, most loving characters in any book that I have read to this day. And please don't even get me started on Elaine! She is badass. You wouldn't think that a human could stand up and fight a shifter, but she can. She is defiantly one of my favorite main characters. This is a book that any supernatural romance lover will fall in love with within the first chapter, I know I did!
Vee
I liked this book A LOT!! Elaine was an extremely strong, intelligent, and caring woman; the perfect mate for an alpha cat! Cade did amazing throughout the book, letting Elaine fight her own battles and make decisions herself instead of trying to do it all for her. My only issue was the bias and bigoted attitudes towards shifter-human relationships. I loved the surprise about Elaine towards the end.
Another great D'Arc book ;) Can't wait for the next in this series!
Francesca
I quite like Bianca's books, she grabbed me to this book from the first page.
Bluerose
This book cloesly relates to "Inferno"
Victoria Newman
Is a good book to read forever and ever since the heart of a great book to read
Emoore0916
The story line was ok; what I didn't like about it was that I felt as if the writer wrote this in sections. One minute the heroine was defiant and the next she was second guessing and talking to herself. It got to the point I skipped 3 chapters to the last chapter and still knew everything that happened. I would have loved to add this to my soon to read series but no.
gremlin
I enjoyed this, which seems to be set in the same world as the Lords of the Were and Brotherhood of Blood series.

Elaine is just an ordinary woman, but rather suddenly the world around her is full of the supernatural. She has to try to keep her head above water while relying on the hot alpha shifter she'd literally run into the night this all started.
D Thomas
Loved this book! This book was full of depth and detail. It just the right amount of mystery throughout the story to keep me hanging on. Took me a few days to read, as it was a nice, long book and I was always anxious to get back to it.

Looking forward to the next book. Hope it comes out soon.
Review done on Oct 24 2012

Re-read on Nov 15 2014
Rebecca
I just couldn't get into the main character. There was just too much sarcasm and not enough initial disbelief for me. Too many things happening that we didn't get any characterization. I just couldn't get into it.
Apr 27, 2012 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
3-1/2 stars. I felt like this book was a very promising start to what could be an interesting series. This was my first Bianca D'Arc book, but it certainly won't be my last ! :0)
Mandi
It could have been ALOT better. I don't mind a few sex scenes but the book has to have some more meat to it. Could have been great...had potential lacked follow thru.
Elienora the Sensation

It's not bad, but not great. I like the concept of the story, but the interactions between the two are a bit cheesy for my taste.
Amanda
very good, loved it. about shifters, gun fighting and love! :)
Katarina
It was very moving and romantic.
  • A Tiger's Claim (Ashwood Falls, #1)
  • Yours, Mine and Howls (Werewolves in Love, #2)
  • Rane's Mate (Armageddon Mates, #2)
  • Cat Of A Different Color (Halle Pumas, #3)
  • Accidentally Were? (Huntingdawn, #1)
  • Falling for You (Trueblood, #2)
  • Nikolai's Wolf (True Mates, #3)
  • Mark of the Bear (Hades' Carnival, #2)
  • Marked (The Wolf's Den, #1)
  • Tiger Time (Alaskan Tigers, #1)
  • Big Bad Wolf
  • Fire and Rain (Cherchez Pack, #2)
  • Alpha's Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #1)
  • Beowulf and Roxie (Wulf's Den, #1)
  • Running With the Pack (Cannon Pack, #3)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves, #5)
  • Hidden Talents (Hidden, #1)
  • Lacy:  Seeing Double (Denver Pack, #7)
Bianca enjoys mixing her real-world knowledge of science with imaginary worlds in her writing. A former chemist, she tends to mix genres, concentrating most of her writing in the paranormal, sci fi, fantasy and futuristic realms, with some contemporary and urban fantasy thrown in for fun."
More about Bianca D'Arc...
Lords of the Were (Tales of the Were, #1) One and Only (Brotherhood of Blood, #1) Maiden Flight (Dragon Knights, #1) Rocky (Tales of the Were, #3, The Others, #1) The Ice Dragon (Dragon Knights, #3)