Start by marking “Jacked” as Want to Read:
Jacked

Jacked

As far as Zane knows, today is just another boring day at his boring gas-station job. Until he gets carjacked by a masked gunman. Zane has no idea where they're going or what will happen when they get there. All he knows is that the lunatic in the passenger seat has a gun aimed at him. Zane tries to reason with the guy, and when that fails, he tries a couple of daring stun ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Orca Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Jacked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jacked

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

JACKED is a fast-paced, easy read by Carrie Mac.

Zane is just starting another boring shift at the gas station. He figures he'll be selling cigarettes and snack items for the next few hours without much in the way of excitement. Then he gets the bright idea to lock up the store for just a few minutes so he can head over to a neighboring restaurant for a quick burrito.

As Zane hops into his car, already thinking about the burrito and t
Mark F
Jan 24, 2017 Mark F rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book Jacked by Carrie Mac, was a very enjoyable, action packed book that kept me hooked. Jacked was about a man who works at a gas station, Zane, and he decides to leave his shift one day and go get food, but he gets the unexpected. At his surprise, a masked robber jumps in his car with a gun and just tell him to drive. This book is full of twists and turns and keeps you wondering what will happen next, which in my mind means it is a good enjoyable book. Overall i really enjoyed Jacked and w ...more
Josh Goodman
Mar 25, 2015 Josh Goodman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because it was interesting when he gets car jacked and has to drive the robber around town. It was surprising because the robber turned out to be just a dorky kid that went to the same school and he just didn't act like himself. Also he pretended to be a robber with a gun and high jacked a car just to be drove to the hospital to see his girlfriend that her parents didn't want them to see each other. Bud sure didn't let her parents stop him because he went in and did everything ...more
Andrew Welton
I thought the book was overall ok. It was a action mysterious book but the mysterious part faded away to soon for me. It was a quick read which I liked. Also when the action parts were happening, they were action like for a small bit but then they filled down then picked back up it feel like for me. But overall what I liked about the book was that all things seemed to turn out the way they should.
Weston Abusamra
Oct 13, 2015 Weston Abusamra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall I thought the book was well written. I enjoyed how the book jumped from the seemingly dull life of a convenience store clerk working behind the counter to an unexpected car jacking. The book was overall exciting with an interesting and unexpected ending. This book was an easy enjoyable read. I recommend this book to teens.
Kendall
I really enjoyed this book by Carrie Mac because it was a thrilling book. It really sucked me in, even though it was a quick read it was still very good. This book kept me on the edge of my seat and I just kept wanting to read more and more. I recommend this book to people that like thrilling books and adrenaline pumping books and plus it's a quick read so it goes by fast.
This book was an overall good, fast pace read. It was a thrilling/ mysterious book. However, the mystery soon fades in the middle of the book. This book is good to keep your attention and will have you reading it all day long. This book shows what people will truly do for love and how weird friendships arise.
Siena Fam
I thought this book was an okay read, it would have taken me less time if I had liked the book. When I don't like books it takes me 10 times longer to read it than it should. I didn't like this book because it didn't interest me very much even though it was supposed to be a thrilling book, it never really got me into it so I did not end up enjoying this book.
Jacob Sachs
Oct 23, 2016 Jacob Sachs rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I would not recommend this book. Its literature sounded as if it were written by one of my peers and the setting changed only about three times. For a short book, the plot did not take off much and took too long on parts that could've been reduced much shorter.
Megan
This started out really boring, but by the end I was kind of interested in it. I thought it was silly why the person carjacked Zane, even though it was understandable in a way. The ending was okay, but a large part of the story was just meh. Just an okay read in my opinion.
Reid Johnson
This book was good, not great, not bad. It is about a kid that got kidnapped. This book is mysterious and filled with action. At parts of the book it totally drew my attention, but other parts I was bored. I recommend this book, but your not missing anything great if you don't read it.
Victoria Waddle
Zane Is bored with his shift at the gas station convenience store. But when he decides to go out or a burrito a block away, he’s surprised by a gunman in a black ski mask. He’s being carjacked. Having gotten way too many speeding tickets, he’s now praying that a cop will stop him in one of the many speed traps he knows about. But what if that plan doesn’t work? And what is it about this weird carjacker whose voice seems familiar?

Oddly, the drama in Jacked stems not just from the carjacking, but
Zhen
Oct 11, 2011 Zhen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-2012
"Jacked" by Carrie Mac is a surprising novel about a teenager,Zane, who works at a gas station. Suddenly, one day he was carjacked by a unknown man covered with a mask. The anonymous person pointed a gun at Zane's temple and commanded him to drive. The funny thing was the man just told Zane to drive he didn't tell Zane to drive him to a certain place. So Zane kept driving and driving. Zane have tried to pass the speed limit or pass a red light but on that day there was any police around and no o ...more
Dafina
Well this book was O.K., i thought it would better, becuase when i read the blurb it looked really good, but it wasn't that bad. This book was about this guy named Zane, and he has a really boring life and works at this store. But then this other guy in a mask car jacks him, and threatens to kill Zane if he doesn't listen to him. Zane was really scared at first but then he thought that it was really fun and exiting, and wanted to keep on going to see what was going to happen to him next. But whe ...more
Dyllen
Nov 09, 2013 Dyllen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 40-book
Have you ever wondered why someone shows you all the people they could have chosen? Well this book is a great example of just that. Zane was just in his normal daily routine working at the boring gas station. As he just wanted to leave for five minutes it soon turns into not just a quick trip but a life-threatening drive when he finds a masked gunmen in his car has no idea why he's there or what he wants. So Zane just does exactly what the man wants him to do. But when the gunmen has to stop to ...more
Dylan Vincent
This book was great I loved it. At the beginning of this book it kept me on my heels how Zane the main actor was going to get jacked because he was only working at a gas station doing nothing. And the facts that Zane left work for a second to go get food and someone jacked him and he was suppose to be working. Then the hijacker breaks and starts crying and takes off his mask and its one of the nerds at Zane's school who's girlfriend got in a car crash and he cant go see her because her parents d ...more
Lucille
Feb 02, 2010 Lucille rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
This story is really short and kind of unsubstantial. A boy is kidnapped and taken on a crazy ride around the city by a masked foe. When the reason for the whole extravaganza are revealed, it seems like a really stupid way to go about doing things. It kind of seemed like a silly short story that got expanded a little and was published for people that can't handle regular length books. I was surprised by the page count; I never even thought to check. I read the description, thought that it looked ...more
Matt Davis
Nov 22, 2013 Matt Davis rated it it was ok
The book Jacked was about a store clerk, named Zane that was high jacked by a masked man with a gun while leaving the parking lot after of his gas station job. The masked man got into the car and made him drive. Zane had no idea where he was going or what this masked man was going to do to him.i gave this book a 3 because it was hind of slow but it kept you thinking what was going to happen next.

I would recommend this book for mostly boys because it has action and it is pretty funny but i got k
Xiao Wen
Apr 11, 2013 Xiao Wen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 11th-grade
I do not like this book much because the world that is describing in the book seems too far away from me, so it makes me think the book is unrealistic at all, but this book actually included the historical information as background. In this book, I like Nick the most because he seems neutral to everything. He does not mind if Jordan wants to know him, and he does not care if the woman he meets is his cousin-in-law’s mistress. For this part, I do not mean that Nick should not care about anything, ...more
Abbey
In the book Jacked, by Carrie Mac, Zane works at a lame gas station. He thinks every day gets more boring, and he's right. Until one day when he gets in his car he finds a masked guy in the passenger seat, pointing a gun at him. Zane has no idea what this guy wants, but he goes along with it. As his trip goes along, he really starts to wander what this guy wants to do with him, and where he wants to go and why.*
P3juang
Sep 08, 2014 P3juang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a kind of an adventures book. In this book it has a lot of suspense and action. It is about a boy who gets carjacked and is helled hostage in a car with this man(criminal). The boy soon trys ways to get him out of his car. The boy soon finds out the mans secret. This is a really good book and I would recommend the book to people who like action and suspense.
Noely Romero
The novel Jacked by Carrie Mac was a good book this reminds me when some pepople robbed or thernted to do what the criminal saids.
The novel was interisting because a young boy who waorks at a gas station was going out to get a snack when he got in his car there was a man in a hokey mask.
Wow when i just kept reading the book it just kept getting better the young boy actully got car
Terry
Feb 13, 2011 Terry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thin-reads
This starts out promisingly, with a strange co-worker, a gun, and a carjacking. But once the initial problem passes and the deeper conflict emerges, the story flounders. Rather than being about our protagonist's survival, it becomes about the carjacker's forlorn, hard-to-swallow motivation. So while this is easy to read, it isn't all that rewarding to read.
Daniel Bellemore
Feb 24, 2014 Daniel Bellemore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the book jacked by Carrie Mac, it talks about this guy zane who works at a gas station but decided to go get a burrito, but a gunman got into his car and hijacked his car with him still in it. This book has a strange twist to it in the end, but if you like those types of books and it is a quick book then this is the book for you. Yes I would recommend this book for a friend.
Kam
Oct 24, 2013 Kam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the book jacked so far has been pretty good,but probably not as good as far as the book redline. the book jacked so far is about how this young kid is working at the gas station and some guy comes and kidnaps him and later on the young kid figures out who the kidnapper is.
Cameron
Feb 23, 2016 Cameron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Noah Blevins
Sep 29, 2016 Noah Blevins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was great. It was about a gas station attendant getting kidnapped by a kid from school that he knew. The boy just wanted to see his girlfriend that was in the hospital and he had no car so he forced the gas station attendant to drive him there.
Will Schaeuble
Jan 09, 2017 Will Schaeuble rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty good and fairly easy to read. This book is good to keep your attention and will have you reading for a while. At times it was funny and at other times there was action/suspense. I enjoyed this book.
Siti Nurul Ain
Easy read. Not so much climax/suspense. Could finish reading this within a day. I find this book gives a calm, sentimental genre to readers. Simple storyline, not much emotions involved. But this book is okay for a relaxing reading on a nice cool weather.
John Neil
Nov 09, 2015 John Neil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was really good. There was a little bit of action. Some of the parts in the book were funny. I didn't really get into the book in the beginning of it but after about a chapter or two it started getting real.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
YA Buddy Readers'...: Jacked by Carrie Mac ---> Starting August 17, 2016 11 5 Aug 18, 2016 09:20AM
  • Lockdown
  • Kicked Out
  • Breathless
  • Death Wind
  • Crackback
I live with my partner and two children in East Van, overlooking the shipyards and with a great view of the crows flying home to roost.

Or:

When Carrie Mac was born, her right eye gawked off in one direction while her left eye looked the other way. Well meaning adults thought she was a changeling and so they wrapped her up and put her on the porch for the fairies to take back, please and thank you.
More about Carrie Mac...