Start by marking “Animus and Anima” as Want to Read:
Animus and Anima

Animus and Anima

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Two essays on Animus and Anima by Emma Jung. In 2 parts: "On the nature of the Animus" and " The Anima as an elemental being.
Published May 22nd 1998 by Spring Publications (first published 1955)

To ask other readers questions about Animus and Anima, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animus and Anima

John Kulm

Essays by Emma Jung on the animus and on the anima. I took an interest in this book because I wanted to understand, what does it mean if a woman projects her animus onto me and what does it mean if I project the anima onto her, and how do these mysterious internal images make an external affect? I also wanted more insight into the relationship of a woman to her animus and a man to his anima, and that's what this book is all about.

I like to post quotes from the books I’ve read. I’ll include seve
Erin Panjer
Emma has a great grasp of what the Animus and Anima are and can relate back many stories and mythologies on the theme. There was a bit of sexist talk, part of what was acceptable for the day (keep in mind the vastly different lifestlyes- and how woman's lifestyle hadn't fully transferred from a traditional one) I think there is some insight to gleam from it. It's not that she thinks woman are less than men, it's that back then she witnessed a more traditional lifestyle, where woman had less free ...more
Rachael
Interesting description of the Animus and Anima. The section of the Anima is much more developed. Ironic, since Ms. Jung would have worked with her own Animus over her lifetime. The paper on the Anima is most assuredly from the perspective of one who spent a lifetime looking at narrative and folk-legends. Over insightful and worth the read.
"Woman has learned to see that she cannot become like a man because first and foremost she is a woman and must be one."
sqrt2
Jun 21, 2014 sqrt2 added it
a really lebanese girl let me borrow this book, i should re read it
Ron
A few tantalizingly interesting concepts, the animus and the anima, yet horribly written. All assertion and description without any argument. And the sexist language was unreal. I'm gonna give this one two thumbs down, and I'm going to have words with that friend of mine who recommended it to me.
Josh
This book may have changed my life. I'm not sure.
Sy DeMaya
Sy DeMaya is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2015
D Lynn
D Lynn marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
BookCrazy
BookCrazy marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Andrew Pocock
Andrew Pocock marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Nawal
Nawal marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
kelly
kelly is currently reading it
Feb 21, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Deborah Bowman
Deborah Bowman marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Paola
Paola marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Ru
Ru marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Candice Paragano
Candice Paragano marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Ivy
Ivy added it
Sep 15, 2014
Rianna Hampton
Rianna Hampton marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014