Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight, #2)

Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight #2)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  532 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Things get more complicated for Cee Cee when she’s appointed lead investigator in a high-profile murder that points to her preternatural lover. To prove him innocent, she must distance herself from her prime suspect, but tangled emotions don’t make it easy for her to stay away. And neither does Max.

Left in charge of a criminal empire and protector of a clan of shadowy shap...more
Mass Market Paperback, 371 pages
Published June 29th 2010 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Chased by Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chased by Moonlight

A Rush of Wings by Adrian PhoenixHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostIn the Blood by Adrian PhoenixBeneath the Skin by Adrian PhoenixEtched in Bone by Adrian Phoenix
Paranormal in New Orleans
90th out of 216 books — 283 voters
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareLast Sacrifice by Richelle MeadThe Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
Best Books of 2010
421st out of 1,193 books — 2,312 voters

More lists with this book...

figuranta m/m lover
5 Amazing Stars

WOW and OMG. This are the first words that comes to my mind how to describe this book and does NOT need another introduction, in my opinion of course. But if you love to read PNR books, i highly recommend this one. Purely amazing, heartbreaking and phenomenal. You don't really want to miss out on a great book.

Melindeeloo
Chased by Moonlight, finally brings some of the reality of the extent of the challenge of achieving a happily ever after for the Homicide Detective Charlotte Caissie in love with the mob boss Max Savoie who again ends up the prime suspect in one of her investigations. So this time it is necessary for the pair to keep their distance in order for Charlotte to do her job and to keep that job as well.

I still love the leading man shapeshifter Max. It helps that he is trying to clean up his act and be...more
Ren
Review in Indonesian Laguange :)

Chased by Moonlight adalah buku ke dua dari Seri Moonlight dan menceritakan kelanjutan kisah Charlotte Caissie (Cee Cee) dan Max Savoie di Masked by Moonlight :-)

Kasus pembunuhan di New Orleans yang berupa mutilasi korban dengan cara yang tidak wajar lagi-lagi mengarahkan Charlotte pada Max. Charlotte yang tahu rahasia Max sebagai Werewolf tidak ingin menuduh kekasihnya, apalagi hubungan mereka masih sangat baru.

Tekanan dari media dan pihak kepolisian, membuat me...more
Gee
This is the second installment in a series about the shapeshifter Max and his lady cop love, Charlotte. The fact that Max turns into a vicious wolf doesn't seem to bother Charlotte and is only one of the reasons that Max loves this prickly lady. In the first book, Charlotte couldn't make up her mind if she was going to commit all the way to Max or not. While this was annoying, it is understandable. Charlotte is a conscientious policewoman, sworn to uphold law and justice. Max is a gangster. In a...more
Sandra
Chased By Moonlight is the second book in Nancy Gideon's By Moonlight series. I'm happy to say they just get keep getting better and better! Max Savoie is now the head of Legere's Crime Organization, and Charlotte Caissie is still a New Orleans Police Detective in charge of two murder investigations that hit way too close to home for her. One - they are a revolting reminder of the nightmare she endured at the hands of Legere's goons as an innocent teenager and two - the man she is sleeping with...more
Carol (Mocha)
The adventures continue. Cee cee and Max are destined to be together. As much as things tear them apart, then are able to mend the relationship, much like Max can mend his body when he needs to. These two each have a past that impacts their current lives and those around them. While different situations, the past comes back to haunt each of them in their own lives and in their relationship.

Even though Max is a hardass in business dealings, he proves to have a sensitive heart especially where Ce...more
Lisa
This one was better than the first. In fact I was really loving it. Until about halfway though it was implied that Max was seeing other women when they had a break in there relationship. When he was trying convince his dad that she meant nothing to him, and so he could get close enough to find out what he needed to know. So he had to fit into his dads drinking and whoring ways. I didn't like the way this was handled I don't like when authors use that in the plot. On a better note Max seems to be...more
Vivisection
It only cost 25 cents. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. It only cost 25 cents. At least there was a twist at the end. Otherwise it would have totally sucked. And I had very, very low expectations going in....
Judi
They’re back!!! Chased by Moonlight sees the return of New Orleans detective CeeCee Caissie and her shape shifter lover Max Savoie in book 2 of this great series from Nancy Gideon. And the action picks up right were book 1 leaves off. For full value and to truly appreciate the complexities of the relationship between Max and CeeCee’s, you really should read the 1st book in the series Masked by Moonlight - you will not be disappointed - it was a fabulous book!

More Max and CeeCee means more mistru...more
Cinnamon
Nancy Gideon does it again with another great shapeshifter romance that is guaranteed to knock your socks off (or making you go running out of them). Full of fangs and claws, peppered with just the right amount of passion, CAPTURED BY MOONLIGHT is the third in the Moonlight Trilogy and an excellent addition to the series.

If you remember my review of Masked by Moonlight, Cee Cee and Max were just finding themselves drawn to each other. Now, the passion between them is hotter than ever before, but...more
Bookaholics
Chased by Moonlight by Nancy Gideon
Paranormal Romance –June 29th, 2010
4 stars

Chased by Moonlight is Nancy Gideon’s 2nd book in a trilogy about the shape shifter Max Savoie and his Detective Charlotte Caissie. In this next suspenseful book Charlotte and Max are just beginning as a couple and although they love each other the strain of a high profile murder and issues with commitment makes their newfound relationship shaky. This was an enjoyable paranormal with many sub plots that made it a fascin...more
Dana Alma
Yummy! Delicious! Scrumptious!

Nancy Gideon has done it again, with her second book in the Moonlight Series—Chased by Moonlight.

They’re back! The mouth-watering Max and the lovely Charlotte have returned, their relationship is growing, and their connection is undeniable.

Max Savoie has gone from being a mob boss’s bodyguard to now becoming the top dog of the New Orleans mob scene. He will give it all away if that’s what it takes to keep Charlotte in his life.

Charlotte Caissie is a sassy experienc...more
Domika
Po přečtení prvního dílu se zajímavým koncem, jsem se rozhodla, že si musím přečíst i druhý. V závěru prvního dílu si autorka totiž nachystala půdu pro další díl. Nemohla jsem nechat příběh Charlotte a Maxe nedokončený, a tak jsem se s chutí vrhla na druhý díl. Zároveň musím podotknout, že i obálka byla jedním z důvodů, proč jsem si chtěla knihu přečíst.

Detektiv Charlotte Caissieová zkráceně CéCé se od minulého dílu změnila jen málo. Omezila nošení triček s výstřihem a zvolila Maxovy košile. Jej...more
Dee
This picks up where the other left off. Now Max is running the organization and trying to slowly find himself and find his new direction. Charlotte is now having to deal with his new role. before he was behind the scene and now he is out front in the organization and in the media. Now they must figure out how to balance their romance.

I love how he is slowly trying to clean up his act and operate his inherited business in a legitimate fashion. Max begins to consider the morality of his past actio...more
Anne
I enjoyed this book very much. Nancy Gideon is an excellent writer. Her stories are always intriguing with many layers to unwrap until you finally finish the book and say, "hey wait...I don't want it to end. I want more."

The story takes place in New Orleans, however, she has created a paranormal world within the city where a clan of shape-shifters live and work among humans.

"Chased" is the second of four books with the same hero and heroine. This isn't typical. We have all read trilogies or ser...more
Zuzana
Král je mrtev, ať žije král. I tak by se dalo přiblížit, co se děje v new orleanském podsvětí. Max Savoie převzal vládu nad mafiánským impériem, které léta budoval jeho patron Legere. Ne každý je ale s nastalou situací spokojen a Max tak stojí před nepřáteli z vlastních řad. V městě navíc někdo začíná vraždit ženy. Loví je, brutálně znásilní a poté zabije. Stopy vedou k Maxovi, oběti totiž byly úzce svázané s odvěkým nepřítelem Jimmyho Legera. Případu se na příkaz nadřízeného i přes svou citovou...more
Steph
Chased by Moonlight didn't disappoint. This series has become one of my favorites. Max is struggling in his new position as leader, taking over for Jimmy, while maintaining his relationship with cop and lover, Catherine.

Catherine is put in a difficult position by her Godfather and boss, stop seeing Max or take herself off the latest murder case, where, surprise, Max is a suspect. She chooses to stop seeing Max while she works the case.

In the meantime, Max is struggling and needs her support a...more
Liz
This is my first book from Nancy Gideon. I had not realized it was bk 2 in the moonlight series, but decided to give it a shot. In the beginning I thought it was a little slow, Cee cee and Max already knew each other and the courtship was not there. It got really good in the middle. I fell in love with Max because he really loves Cee Cee and he kept telling her he did. Cee Cee seemed aprehensive about being with him and committing. But they don't only have to worry about their feelings, someone...more
Vivian Archer

Dark and fierce story of opposites attracting and the problems their separate allegiances create. There is resolution and the emergence of new problems as Max and Charlotte battle their fears and enemies. Max is a perfect tortured hero who calls to me for both his strength and weakness--beautiful. Charlotte, though at a disadvantage, works her skills, mind, and heart to bring her up to par with Max.

This is not for the timid, elementally closer to UF than paranormal, Chased by Moonlight...more
Tara
This romance is steamy with fried werewolf involved. The relationship between the female detective Charlotte and the incredibly dangerous Max had me speed reading to get to the sexy parts. I appreciated the world the author built as it gives a great explanation of why Max needs to interact with a killer like Rollo his father. Also, the mentality of everyone around Max saves his hide as he's unable to make a clear judgement on Rollo. The love between the hero and the heroine is passionate and raw...more
Trina
Chased by Moonlight is a great second book in the series. Both Max Savoie and Charlotte Caissie have to work through their insecurities as their relationship develops into something deeper all while trying to run a criminal business, maintain a job as a cop, keep a low profile, earn their place in each other's world, find a way to trust each other and expose the wounds of their past to each other so they can have a future together. Yes, it is that action packed. Can't wait to read the next one i...more
Tara (box5angel)
Another great book! :) I absolutely loved this one too. lol I think Max and Charlotte is one of my favorite couples in the urban fantasy/paranormal romance genre. At least in my top 5 favorites. I can't wait for the third one, which comes out Tues. July 27th. Just a few more days!

Max and Charlotte has so many layers to each other and the plots and the secondary and third characters are not just stand bys, they are part of the story as they should be.

I don't ever want it to end. :)
Carrie (ICanHasBooks?)
Book one was fantastic and book two did not disappoint at all. I couldn't put it down, any chance I got read I took it. We pick up were we left off in CeeCee and Max's relationship. Which is still a rather odd pairing, shifter mob boss and a human cop. I can't wait to see more of their tale unfold.

We get more of Max's story in this one, which is rather interesting, and I am soooo looking forward to reading the rest of this series.
Kristine
In the beginning chapters of this book I was concerned that the back and forth between Charlotte and Max would make me crazy. Instead it brought me to tears and actually made me fall in love with Max.

I can't wait to read the third and final book in the triology to finish what I'm afraid will be the most dramatic of all the books.
Stephanie
I enjoyed this book better than the first one in the series. Nancy is such a great writer! Sometimes it wears me out mentally, when Max and CeCe are fighting for each other and the love they share. Max is so vunerable it breaks my heart sometimes. A defineitley must read.
Erinaceina
Yes, this series has it's implausible moments (like the fact that Cee Cee hasn't lost her job over her relationship with Max), but I love it. Max is downright adorable, and I love the intensity of the emotions between him and Ce Cee.
Sophie
Just as frustrating as the first one.
The relationship between Charlotte and Max is still incoherent, the characters are still not developed enough, and Charlotte's bitchiness is getting on my nerves.
A disappointment, really.
Cf
A nice continuation to the series but at times Charlotte was annoying. She needs counseling to deal with her past. I cannot get enough of Max but I am ready for him to kick some A** and my wish may be granted in the next book.
Boxy Frown
I love Max and Charlotte. She is such an eternal bad ass, and he is a sensitive warrior...they are fantastic and their relationship with all it's ups and downs and passion and love and loyalty keeps me on edge.
Tanya
I am really liking this series. The author has done a great job, I am so glad everything isn't easy for the two --a cop and a criminal there are bound to be problems. Can't wait to start book 3
  • Black Moon (Alpha Pack, #3)
  • Legacy Found (Legacy, #3)
  • Warrior Avenged (Sons of the Zodiac, #2)
  • Master of Smoke (Mageverse, #7)
  • Dark Succession (True Mates, #2)
  • Midnight Reckoning (Dark Dynasties #2)
  • Assassin's Heart (Order of the Sicari, #2)
  • When Pleasure Rules (The Shadow Keepers, #2)
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • Wings of Fire (Guardians of Ascension, #3)
  • Chosen by Blood (Para-Ops, #1)
  • His Darkest Embrace (Jaguar Warriors, #2)
  • Sinful Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4)
  • Night's Promise (Club Strigoi, #3)
  • The Alpha Promise
  • Touch of Temptation (Primal Instinct, #6)
With over 50 sales to her credit since her first publication in 1987, Portage, Michigan author Nancy Gideon’s writing career is as versatile as the romance market, itself. Her books encompass genres from historicals and regencies to contemporary suspense and the paranormal. Her works have been published overseas in Romanian, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Danish, German, Icelandic and Chinese, amon...more
More about Nancy Gideon...
Masked by Moonlight (Moonlight, #1) Captured by Moonlight (Moonlight, #3) Bound By Moonlight (Moonlight, #4) Hunter of Shadows (Moonlight, #5) Seeker of Shadows (Moonlight, #6)

“Her mouth was on his with such ferocity, it knocked him back a step. He managed to haul her back so he could gasp for air and answers. "Not that I'm complaining." "Then don't. Shut up and put out Savoie." "You are so romantic, detective." She chained rough kisses about his neck. "What if I can't perform under this unexpected pressure?" Her hand dropped below his belt for an assessing fondle. "Just my luck. Appears to be high performance all the way." He chuckled and began to nuzzle and nip at her rather roughly, his attention supercharged by her aggression. "And what kind of handling are you looking for?" "Fast and reckless” 7 likes
“Letting you go is not an option. Not ever.Stay here wth me and we'll finsh our date. If you're tired you can sleep on my shoulder. If you want to go I'll go with you and we can sleep together. I want to spend the night with you and wake up with you in the morning. For the rest of my life.” 1 likes