Start by marking “Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight, #2)
Preview

Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight #2)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  594 ratings  ·  62 reviews
Things get more complicated for Cee Cee when she’s appointed lead investigator in a high-profile murder that points to her preternatural lover. To prove him innocent, she must distance herself from her prime suspect, but tangled emotions don’t make it easy for her to stay away. And neither does Max.

Left in charge of a criminal empire and protector of a clan of shadowy shap
Mass Market Paperback, 371 pages
Published June 29th 2010 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Chased by Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chased by Moonlight

A Rush of Wings by Adrian PhoenixHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostIn the Blood by Adrian PhoenixOne Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene FrostBeneath the Skin by Adrian Phoenix
Paranormal in New Orleans
86th out of 245 books — 311 voters
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareLast Sacrifice by Richelle MeadRoom by Emma Donoghue
Best Books of 2010
431st out of 1,268 books — 2,368 voters

More lists with this book...

Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel  (Oh My Shelves)
Charlotte and Max are going through a rough time as they navigating their relationship. Max taking over Legere's empire isn't making her job as a detective very easy as Max is always the number 1 suspect when things go down. With the rape and murders of a politician widely known to oppose Max's business interests, many people are questionin Detective Caissie's objectivity and loyalty. Will this new investigation end their relationship or will they continue to compromise To make it work?
Kjen
This was a very good read but stressful. There is a lot of internal angst due to the main characters not communicating or trusting each other's feelings...or their own, for that matter. They also do not explain themselves after a crisis is past. I still love Max, but Cee Cee annoyed me for a great portion of the book...until I felt sorry for her...now she may be growing on me. The external angst is fierce and getting fiercer as the trackers are coming for Max. I am very compelled to continue thi ...more
Lauren
Chased by Moonlight
3.5 Stars

The romance between Detective Charlotte “Cee Cee” Caissie and newly minted crime boss, Max Lavoie, is progressing at a natural pace (that is to say all hot and heavy), when Max becomes the prime suspect in a series of murders targeting those closest to a local politician. In order to maintain her objectivity, Charlotte must distance herself from Max, but work behind the scenes to clear his name. Unfortunately, Max has dark secrets that are not helping the situation…

T
figuranta m/m lover
5 Amazing Stars

WOW and OMG. This are the first words that comes to my mind how to describe this book and does NOT need another introduction, in my opinion of course. But if you love to read PNR books, i highly recommend this one. Purely amazing, heartbreaking and phenomenal. You don't really want to miss out on a great book.

Gisela
I'm done with this series. I can't stand Cee Cee, I want the shifters to eat her.

ETA: I can't believe this book has so many glowing reviews.
Melindeeloo
Chased by Moonlight, finally brings some of the reality of the extent of the challenge of achieving a happily ever after for the Homicide Detective Charlotte Caissie in love with the mob boss Max Savoie who again ends up the prime suspect in one of her investigations. So this time it is necessary for the pair to keep their distance in order for Charlotte to do her job and to keep that job as well.

I still love the leading man shapeshifter Max. It helps that he is trying to clean up his act and be
Ren
Review in Indonesian Laguange :)

Chased by Moonlight adalah buku ke dua dari Seri Moonlight dan menceritakan kelanjutan kisah Charlotte Caissie (Cee Cee) dan Max Savoie di Masked by Moonlight :-)

Kasus pembunuhan di New Orleans yang berupa mutilasi korban dengan cara yang tidak wajar lagi-lagi mengarahkan Charlotte pada Max. Charlotte yang tahu rahasia Max sebagai Werewolf tidak ingin menuduh kekasihnya, apalagi hubungan mereka masih sangat baru.

Tekanan dari media dan pihak kepolisian, membuat me
Gee
This is the second installment in a series about the shapeshifter Max and his lady cop love, Charlotte. The fact that Max turns into a vicious wolf doesn't seem to bother Charlotte and is only one of the reasons that Max loves this prickly lady. In the first book, Charlotte couldn't make up her mind if she was going to commit all the way to Max or not. While this was annoying, it is understandable. Charlotte is a conscientious policewoman, sworn to uphold law and justice. Max is a gangster. In a ...more
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Chased By Moonlight is the second book in Nancy Gideon's By Moonlight series. I'm happy to say they just get keep getting better and better! Max Savoie is now the head of Legere's Crime Organization, and Charlotte Caissie is still a New Orleans Police Detective in charge of two murder investigations that hit way too close to home for her. One - they are a revolting reminder of the nightmare she endured at the hands of Legere's goons as an innocent teenager and two - the man she is sleeping with ...more
Carol (Mocha)
The adventures continue. Cee cee and Max are destined to be together. As much as things tear them apart, then are able to mend the relationship, much like Max can mend his body when he needs to. These two each have a past that impacts their current lives and those around them. While different situations, the past comes back to haunt each of them in their own lives and in their relationship.

Even though Max is a hardass in business dealings, he proves to have a sensitive heart especially where Ce
Lisa
This one was better than the first. In fact I was really loving it. Until about halfway though it was implied that Max was seeing other women when they had a break in there relationship. When he was trying convince his dad that she meant nothing to him, and so he could get close enough to find out what he needed to know. So he had to fit into his dads drinking and whoring ways. I didn't like the way this was handled I don't like when authors use that in the plot. On a better note Max seems to be ...more
Vivisection
It only cost 25 cents. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. It only cost 25 cents. At least there was a twist at the end. Otherwise it would have totally sucked. And I had very, very low expectations going in....
Melissa
This book is about Max finding out more about who he is and whether or not Cee Cee can love the man he really is. As we learn about Max, danger is stalking him which can pull his life apart.

Ms. Gideon takes the amazing characters from the first book and digs deeper into their lives. We learn about family... parenting and whether or not the person who raises you... is really the all good or bad.

I want to see if Cee Cee will be strong enough to stand next to a man who jeopardizes all that she's w
Judi
They’re back!!! Chased by Moonlight sees the return of New Orleans detective CeeCee Caissie and her shape shifter lover Max Savoie in book 2 of this great series from Nancy Gideon. And the action picks up right were book 1 leaves off. For full value and to truly appreciate the complexities of the relationship between Max and CeeCee’s, you really should read the 1st book in the series Masked by Moonlight - you will not be disappointed - it was a fabulous book!

More Max and CeeCee means more mistru
Cinnamon
Nancy Gideon does it again with another great shapeshifter romance that is guaranteed to knock your socks off (or making you go running out of them). Full of fangs and claws, peppered with just the right amount of passion, CAPTURED BY MOONLIGHT is the third in the Moonlight Trilogy and an excellent addition to the series.

If you remember my review of Masked by Moonlight, Cee Cee and Max were just finding themselves drawn to each other. Now, the passion between them is hotter than ever before, but
Bookaholics
Chased by Moonlight by Nancy Gideon
Paranormal Romance –June 29th, 2010
4 stars

Chased by Moonlight is Nancy Gideon’s 2nd book in a trilogy about the shape shifter Max Savoie and his Detective Charlotte Caissie. In this next suspenseful book Charlotte and Max are just beginning as a couple and although they love each other the strain of a high profile murder and issues with commitment makes their newfound relationship shaky. This was an enjoyable paranormal with many sub plots that made it a fascin
Dana Alma
Yummy! Delicious! Scrumptious!

Nancy Gideon has done it again, with her second book in the Moonlight Series—Chased by Moonlight.

They’re back! The mouth-watering Max and the lovely Charlotte have returned, their relationship is growing, and their connection is undeniable.

Max Savoie has gone from being a mob boss’s bodyguard to now becoming the top dog of the New Orleans mob scene. He will give it all away if that’s what it takes to keep Charlotte in his life.

Charlotte Caissie is a sassy experienc
Domika
Po přečtení prvního dílu se zajímavým koncem, jsem se rozhodla, že si musím přečíst i druhý. V závěru prvního dílu si autorka totiž nachystala půdu pro další díl. Nemohla jsem nechat příběh Charlotte a Maxe nedokončený, a tak jsem se s chutí vrhla na druhý díl. Zároveň musím podotknout, že i obálka byla jedním z důvodů, proč jsem si chtěla knihu přečíst.

Detektiv Charlotte Caissieová zkráceně CéCé se od minulého dílu změnila jen málo. Omezila nošení triček s výstřihem a zvolila Maxovy košile. Jej
Dee
This picks up where the other left off. Now Max is running the organization and trying to slowly find himself and find his new direction. Charlotte is now having to deal with his new role. before he was behind the scene and now he is out front in the organization and in the media. Now they must figure out how to balance their romance.

I love how he is slowly trying to clean up his act and operate his inherited business in a legitimate fashion. Max begins to consider the morality of his past actio
Anne
I enjoyed this book very much. Nancy Gideon is an excellent writer. Her stories are always intriguing with many layers to unwrap until you finally finish the book and say, "hey wait...I don't want it to end. I want more."

The story takes place in New Orleans, however, she has created a paranormal world within the city where a clan of shape-shifters live and work among humans.

"Chased" is the second of four books with the same hero and heroine. This isn't typical. We have all read trilogies or ser
Zuzana
Král je mrtev, ať žije král. I tak by se dalo přiblížit, co se děje v new orleanském podsvětí. Max Savoie převzal vládu nad mafiánským impériem, které léta budoval jeho patron Legere. Ne každý je ale s nastalou situací spokojen a Max tak stojí před nepřáteli z vlastních řad. V městě navíc někdo začíná vraždit ženy. Loví je, brutálně znásilní a poté zabije. Stopy vedou k Maxovi, oběti totiž byly úzce svázané s odvěkým nepřítelem Jimmyho Legera. Případu se na příkaz nadřízeného i přes svou citovou ...more
Steph
Chased by Moonlight didn't disappoint. This series has become one of my favorites. Max is struggling in his new position as leader, taking over for Jimmy, while maintaining his relationship with cop and lover, Catherine.

Catherine is put in a difficult position by her Godfather and boss, stop seeing Max or take herself off the latest murder case, where, surprise, Max is a suspect. She chooses to stop seeing Max while she works the case.

In the meantime, Max is struggling and needs her support
Jenika Ioffreda
I stopped reading after a while, I couldn't enter in the story or like the characters or feel any chemistry.
I found this book as a bargain in a used book shop and I didn't know it was the second instalment in a series. I will try to read the first volume and maybe once I know the previous story I may be able to enjoy this more.
Liz
This is my first book from Nancy Gideon. I had not realized it was bk 2 in the moonlight series, but decided to give it a shot. In the beginning I thought it was a little slow, Cee cee and Max already knew each other and the courtship was not there. It got really good in the middle. I fell in love with Max because he really loves Cee Cee and he kept telling her he did. Cee Cee seemed aprehensive about being with him and committing. But they don't only have to worry about their feelings, someone ...more
Jamie
Hot, sexy and I'm loving Max and Ce Ce, they get hotter and sexier the more they are together but I love how much he loves her and how much she is trying to give him everything he needs. I also love how he does everything in his power to make sure she feels loved completely and securely by him.
Annika
I really enjoyed this book, the chemistry, banter and challenges both Charlotte and Max are facing in their private lives as well as their work. Max once again ends up as a prime suspect in a case Charlotte is working on and the pressure from the public and her bosses puts a strain on her and Max’s relationship. Add tension from Max’s mysterious origin and new “relatives” from the dock, and the result is explosive.
I really like both Charlotte and Max, they are both very strong on the outside, b
Vivian

Dark and fierce story of opposites attracting and the problems their separate allegiances create. There is resolution and the emergence of new problems as Max and Charlotte battle their fears and enemies. Max is a perfect tortured hero who calls to me for both his strength and weakness--beautiful. Charlotte, though at a disadvantage, works her skills, mind, and heart to bring her up to par with Max.

This is not for the timid, elementally closer to UF than paranormal, Chased by Moonlight
Sally
All I can say is , wow! And I need to start the next in this series NOW!
Tara
This romance is steamy with fried werewolf involved. The relationship between the female detective Charlotte and the incredibly dangerous Max had me speed reading to get to the sexy parts. I appreciated the world the author built as it gives a great explanation of why Max needs to interact with a killer like Rollo his father. Also, the mentality of everyone around Max saves his hide as he's unable to make a clear judgement on Rollo. The love between the hero and the heroine is passionate and raw ...more
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • Midnight Reckoning (Dark Dynasties #2)
  • Black Moon (Alpha Pack, #3)
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • Master of Smoke (Mageverse, #7)
  • Chosen by Blood (Para-Ops, #1)
  • When Pleasure Rules (The Shadow Keepers, #2)
  • Legacy Found (Legacy, #3)
  • Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)
  • Warrior Avenged (Sons of the Zodiac, #2)
  • Touch If You Dare (Soulfire #2)
  • The Alpha Promise
  • Sinful Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4)
  • Dark Succession (True Mates, #2)
  • Drawn Into Darkness (Soul Gatherer, #1)
  • Rush of Darkness (Primal Instinct, #7)
  • Assassin's Heart (Order of the Sicari, #2)
  • In the Night (Ryland Brothers, #4)
With over 50 sales to her credit since her first publication in 1987, Portage, Michigan author Nancy Gideon’s writing career is as versatile as the romance market, itself. Her books encompass genres from historicals and regencies to contemporary suspense and the paranormal. Her works have been published overseas in Romanian, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Danish, German, Icelandic and Chinese, amon ...more
More about Nancy Gideon...

Moonlight (9 books)
  • Masked by Moonlight (Moonlight, #1)
  • Captured by Moonlight (Moonlight, #3)
  • Bound By Moonlight (Moonlight, #4)
  • Hunter of Shadows (Moonlight, #5)
  • Seeker of Shadows (Moonlight, #6)
  • Betrayed by Shadows (Moonlight, #7)
  • Prince of Shadows (Moonlight, #8)
  • Remembered By Moonlight (Moonlight, #9)
Masked by Moonlight (Moonlight, #1) Captured by Moonlight (Moonlight, #3) Bound By Moonlight (Moonlight, #4) Hunter of Shadows (Moonlight, #5) Seeker of Shadows (Moonlight, #6)

“Her mouth was on his with such ferocity, it knocked him back a step. He managed to haul her back so he could gasp for air and answers. "Not that I'm complaining." "Then don't. Shut up and put out Savoie." "You are so romantic, detective." She chained rough kisses about his neck. "What if I can't perform under this unexpected pressure?" Her hand dropped below his belt for an assessing fondle. "Just my luck. Appears to be high performance all the way." He chuckled and began to nuzzle and nip at her rather roughly, his attention supercharged by her aggression. "And what kind of handling are you looking for?" "Fast and reckless” 8 likes
“Letting you go is not an option. Not ever.Stay here wth me and we'll finsh our date. If you're tired you can sleep on my shoulder. If you want to go I'll go with you and we can sleep together. I want to spend the night with you and wake up with you in the morning. For the rest of my life.” 2 likes