Start by marking “Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life” as Want to Read:
Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life

Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life

Five years after leaving university, Lizzie Jordan considers herself one of life's failures, unlike her high-flying friends. She still corresponds with Brian, a former student friend, and is overjoyed when he announces a visit.
Published 2005 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life

Mary
Jan 18, 2016 Mary rated it liked it
This was a long, hard read for me. The beginning of the book had so much promise and there was also a feeling of mischievousness within the quad of friends which kept the story interesting. However when it jumped forward 6 years to the present day and the story followed Lizzie and her 'disappointing' life, the book took a bit of a nose dive. It was at this point where reading became a struggle and was a test of perseverance .
So fast forward into the present day and Lizzie has not really progress
Kathy Chung
Sep 22, 2014 Kathy Chung rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
I find that the main character, Lizzie Jordan , is unlovable. She is one mess up and selfish girl.

The rest of the characters, Brian, Mary, Richard and what-not were also not endearing.

For a Chic-lit, I had expected it to be light and fluffy . At least with characters that have some quality which can be lovable.

Why I dislike Lizzie? For example she had the nerve to accuse Mary of not being a true friend to her when she asked Mary to lend her Mary's apartment for her to pretend as hers. Even hav
Agi
Jun 02, 2011 Agi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
To be honest, I really don't know what to say about this book, except that I really enjoyed it.
It's a total no - brainer but I need something like this from time to time: just to read and doesn't have to think too much:)
Lizzie was just hilarious with all her problems, but so warm and nice. She did make me angry with herslef a little at the end but fortunately, just shortly:) Actually, all the other characters were really good, and although I didn't like Mary for the biggest part of the book, I c
Sammi
Aug 31, 2012 Sammi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book... it was a good, light read. I was smiling, cringing and shaking my head at times.
The protaganist was a weird one for me. I liked her, somewhat, but I kind of didn't want to. She annoyed me and I found what she was doing horrible, but at the same time... I was rooting for her. That was strange.

Tanya
Aug 11, 2013 Tanya rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Good story, a little unbelievable at times but I have to say I was unsure who she was going to end up with. I would recommend this to anyone looking for some good chick lit.
Courtney
Jul 18, 2013 Courtney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chris-manby
This book was said to be "hilarious" by various reviews. I don't think I laughed one time while reading it. It was written well enough to keep me entertained throughout the book but not enough to make me want to read any of the author's other books. Slightly disappointing.
Julie
Jul 03, 2014 Julie rated it it was ok
Joanne Rawson
I was really enjoying this book and then it began to get unreal, that was slightly off putting. On the whole a bad read, well written and made me smile in parts.
Naomi
Naomi rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2012
Chrys
Chrys rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2012
Pauline
Pauline rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2012
Maniti Mehta Oza
Maniti Mehta Oza rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Carol Orpwood
Carol Orpwood rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Goodness Victor
Goodness Victor rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
May 05, 2014
Hayley
Hayley rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2010
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2011
Taz
Taz rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Sakeena Talat
Sakeena Talat rated it it was ok
May 04, 2012
Felicity Butler
Felicity Butler rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Gail
Gail rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Carrol G
Carrol G rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2011
Ms Higgins
Ms Higgins rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Gort
Gort rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2014
Georgie
Georgie rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Kirsty Sizer
Kirsty Sizer rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2014
Victoria Colston
Victoria Colston rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2012
Danielle Moloney
Danielle Moloney rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Kimberley
Kimberley rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2011
  • The Old Girl Network
  • Far From Over
  • Le brave ragazze combinano guai
  • The Love Academy
  • Mummy Said the F-word
  • Solo
  • Mirror, Mirror
  • Things I Wish I'd Known
This author has also released books under the name Chrissie Manby.

Encouraged my by English teacher, Mrs. Pocock, I published my first short story in Just Seventeen when I was fourteen years old. The story was called ‘Whatever happened to the wonderful boy I fell in love with’ and I published it under the pseudonym ‘Carolyn Lane’ because it largely consisted of a transcript of an argument I’d had w
More about Chris Manby...