Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries, #8)

Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Late at night KC and Marshall are sleeping out on the White House lawn when they see suspicious lights flickering at the top of the Washington Monument. If that's not strange enough, the next day a monkey is foundinside the building KC and Marshall set off on a wild adventure to solve a 100-year-old mystery that involves a jewel thief, long-lost diamonds, and one of Washin...more
Published July 16th 2009 by Random House Children's Books (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mystery at the Washington Monument, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystery at the Washington Monument

Mlh346comcast.net
J PBK R Series: Capital Mysteries Facts are woven into the story.
Amy
This story, part of Ron Roy's Capital Mysteries series is great! I loved reading about different places in D.C. and working to solve a mystery in the area was really fun!

The story takes off after KC and Marshall spot weird colored lights atop the Washington Monument while camping out on the White House lawn. The next day, they discover a monkey in the monument during a tour. KC and Marshall set off on a wild adventure to solve a 100-year-old mystery that involves a jewel thief, long-lost diamond...more
Dolly
Aug 19, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an interesting mystery in the Capital Mysteries series, one that is far less dangerous and creepy than the others so far. KC and Marshall visit the Washington Monument and the National Zoo, adding a few more places to our to-see list now that we live in the area. Our girls have really enjoyed the books in this series.
Shaundell
KC and Marshall are friends; one night, while sleeping on the lawn of the White House (the US President is KC's new stepfather), they see twinkling lights in the top level of the Washington Monument. They decided to investigate and then solve the mystery!
Sonia and Julia
Mystery at the Washington Monument by Ron Roy is a great mystery that leaves you thinking about the suspect.It also has cool facts I did not know about.I recommend this book to readers who like mysteries,facts, and politics.
Maggie
It's funny how they find a monkey in the Washington Monument and they name him Washington. He is very smart and helps them solve the mystery. I really liked him.
Payton
Its about how KC and Marshall sees a light in the Washington Monument so they check it out and sees there is a monkey inside and the O for Washington is black .
Sydney
when kc and mitchell sleep out at night they see lights flickering at the monument and they find a monkey in the building and they come upon theifs and jewel robber.
Ann Babcock
Great book! My students would love this one! I find Ron Roy a great writer for both children and adults!
Wakako Sugawara
How big problems!! I think this series' mysteries almost of all are serious problems. However,
Anna
This book gets five stars because it's a mystery and it has a monkey in it!
Cane De
Anya
Anya added it
Jul 27, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Dawit
Dawit marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Aracely
Aracely marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)