Start by marking “The Wolf Next Door (Westfield Wolves, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wolf Next Door (Westfield Wolves, #3)

The Wolf Next Door (Westfield Wolves #3)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  1,682 Ratings  ·  124 Reviews
They can't even be in the same room together...

But staying apart is even worse...

Published June 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Wolf Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wolf Next Door

Becky
Well, I agree with the reviewer who said that the Prisca of this book is NOTHING like the strong, independent woman we saw in book one. She's witchy-with-a-B (and that's saying something, 'cause there's two actual witches in this book), insecure, and really, not a very sympathetic character. If I were Will (who acts like an idiot, yes, but doesn't deserve all she puts him through in the end), I would have left her at her father's around page ten. It's like she had a book-long bout of uber-PMS. ( ...more
Melindeeloo
After reading a Wolf Next Door I just couldn't wait to find out what happens to Prisca and William who had such a strong presence in their supporting roles - there was just so much tension between the former sweethearts. So I cheated and skipped over Tall, Dark and Wolfish(brother Ben, the hero of the second book, didn't even appear in the first book, so I wasn't going to let his story get in the way of my instant gratification. Though I'll likely read his tale too at some point)

The motivation
Joelle
Nov 16, 2010 Joelle rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this. I like to see a happy ending. I was so hoping this couple would get to together as Will was so sexy and the chemistry between him and Prissy (nickname) was always there but fighting it. She loved will all along and never thought he would be hers. Will loved her all along but fought his love for her because he was afraid she would love him if he really new what he was.But another Lycan (werewolf) is encroaching on Wills staked claim.He now was to come up with a plan to make P ...more
Zoe
Aug 21, 2015 Zoe rated it really liked it
easy light read, the misunderstanding dragged on a bit and plots are thin. but will and prisca are cute characters. not exactly heart-wretching but it will do.
Lover of Romance
Prisca Hawthorne has loved Lord William for years, but when he broke her heart years ago, she hasn't ever forgotten. She knows that she needs to put him behind her, and move on with her life. Prisca is tired of living in a "limbo" stage. So when a new charming stranger starts to court her, she wonders if this is her time to start a new chapter in her life, until Lord William strides back into her life and makes it much more complicated. William has wanted Prisca for years, and he made a mistake ...more
Liz
Jul 15, 2010 Liz rated it really liked it
The Wolf Next Door is third and in my opinion, funniest of the Lydia Dare’s Regency werewolves, or rather, Lycans trilogy. It’s also the story that’s been hinted at since the beginning – the story of Prisca Hawthorne and William Westfield who have been antagonizing each other ever since a failed elopement years ago.

This is also the least sexually descriptive of the novels, which didn’t detract from it. The story and the characters were more important than the shagging.

Prisca has lived next door
Lauren
The Wolf Next Door
3 Stars

Synopsis:
Prisca Hawthorne has had it in for William Westfield ever since their failed elopement. She is convinced that she can never trust him again and is determined to make him miserable. William has always loved Prisca and hopes she will forgive him one day, but when a rival Lycan appears on the scene, William realizes that time is running out and he will have to do something to claim the woman he has always wanted.

Review:
I've wanted to read this book since meeting P
Zeek
I found Wolf Next Door to be thoroughly… meh.

I started off excited about this one because I love a good best friends becoming more story and I truly liked the first two entries in this series. Unfortunately the heroine’s stubborn determination to believe the worst of the hero- (she says more than once, "I dont plan to make this easy for you" and she didn't for the reader either)- creates the most overused plot device to contrive conflict in a romance novel out there right now- “the big misunder
Marsha
Jun 17, 2010 Marsha rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Adults
I was truly looking forward to reading, The Wolf Next Door, book three of the Westfield Brothers since Will Westfield, the second brother is my favorite character. However, I was somewhat dissapointed with this installment.

Will and Prisca Hawthorne have had a prickly relationship since their failed elopement many years ago. They both believe the other does not still care and their snippiness towards each other is heartbreaking. All of that changes when a lycan, Dashiel Thorpe (The Earl of Brimsw
Ren
Ni cerita anak kedua dari keluarga Westfield, William. Hubungan dy dengan tokoh cewenya Prisca, semacam cinta benci.
Mereka dah kenal dan bersahabat sejak kecil, Will bahkan dah ngelamar Prisca, sayangnya, ada cewe lain (atau pelacur yah lupa) yang ngaku mengandung anaknya Will, walo akhirnya itu ternyata ga bener, tapi hal itu membuat hubungan mereka berdua jadi renggang.

Prisca sendiri sering didatangi oleh serigala tiap bulan purnama, tanpa dy tau kalo serigala itu sebenarnya adalah Will. Kakak
Anna
May 14, 2010 Anna rated it really liked it
Years ago an incident occurred resulting in a failed elopement. Ever since Will & Prisca have been at each other's throats -- even though they were still very much in love with each other. Not that either of them would admit it. But when another werewolf takes an interest in Prisca, Will is determined to do anything to finally make Prisca his for good.

When Will & Prisca appear on the pages of A Certain Wolfish Charm bickering and taunting each other I knew this was gonna be a very intere
Jessica
I really liked Will and Prisca in the first book-- they were both sympathetic, mischievous and intelligent and seemed like they would be a good pairing. In this book, however, there was no (intentional) mischief and little intelligence in their actions. Will finally realized that he maybe did want Prisca enough to let her know that he wanted her, maybe, and only because another werewolf showed interest in her. Prisca thought that Will was too busy chasing the skirt of every woman in the vicinity ...more
Susan Jackson
Jul 11, 2010 Susan Jackson rated it liked it
Shelves: nookbooks
Mlleelizabeth
Jul 23, 2011 Mlleelizabeth rated it did not like it
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Glenda Mcalpin
May 27, 2010 Glenda Mcalpin rated it did not like it
Horrible. Couldn't wait to finish it because it had already wasted so much of my time.
Sandy M
Jul 25, 2011 Sandy M rated it it was amazing
I’ve been anxiously awaiting this book since I read the first in this series. We get hints and even a few actual interactions between William and Prisca in A Certain Wolfish Charm and Tall, Dark and Wolfish to whet our appetites just enough to intrigue us and hold us captive until their turn finally comes along. And the wait is definitely worth it.

First I have to say what a terrific job Ms. Dare is doing in keeping the quality and consistency of this series very high. That doesn’t always happen
Booklover1335
Jun 05, 2010 Booklover1335 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010

Prisca Hawthorne has grown up adored, loved, indulged, and protected by her family of all men. From an early age she has been in love with her neighbor William Westfield, but she believes that she can never trust him with her heart because of the numerous gossip rags that have recounted his many exploits which were only reinforced by her brother’s recounts of their adventures together.

William Westfield has grown up with the Hawthornes and has always known that Prisca was his one true love. When
May Mostly Romance
Sep 26, 2012 May Mostly Romance rated it it was ok
The Wolf Next Door ของลิเดีย แดร

เลมนีเปนเลมสามในชุด เลาเรืองของวิลเลียม เวสตฟิลด พีชายคนกลาง และเปนตัวละครทีมีบทบาทเดนพอสมควรในสองเลมแรก

คนอานรูมาตังแตเลมแรกแลวคะวา นางเอกของวิลกคือสาวนอยขางบานนามวา พริสกา ฮอวธอรน ซึงเรืองราวของทังคูถูกถายทอดมาตังแตเลมแรก สองคนนีเหมือนคูกัดทีมีอะไรบางอยางเชือมพวกเขาเขาไวดวยกัน

และมันกมีจริง ๆ นันเพราะเมือสีปีกอน วิลวางแผนทีจะหนีไปแตงงานกับพริสกา แตเธอกไมปรากฎตัวในคืนวันนัดหมาย นันเพราะเธอเขาใจผิดคิดวา เขาเปนชายคนทีทำใหหญิงอีกคนตังทอง และแมวาภายหลังจะปรากฎความจริงว
Leslie
May 26, 2010 Leslie rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Ah, William's book. I've been interested in William since he first showed up in A Certain Wolfish Charm (book 1). He's the rake of the family with a wicked, humorous side that I found so very appealing. He's also crazy in love with his next door neighbor. They have a rocky history full of immaturity and misunderstandings that has played a role in keeping them apart. With William trying to keep his distance and Prisca baiting him at every turn, you wouldn't think they would get a second chance at ...more
Haley Mathiot
Feb 04, 2010 Haley Mathiot rated it really liked it
The Wolf Next Door by Lydia Dare
Genre: Paranormal werewolf romance, historical fiction
ISBN:9781402236969
Published: June 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

Rating:

Years ago, William Westfield and Pricia Hawthorne were in love—but Pricia's heart was broken and she refuses to let the scoundrel forget it. She knows now that he never committed the accused crime… but she can't bare to give her heart to him again. Even though she wants to.

Will has established his reputation as the best lover in six c
Christyn

I wanted to like this a lot more than I did. I just couldn't get into it as much as I wanted too. I would've preferred if we had more back story here - more specifics as to their relationships before their failed elopement, the cause of the failed elopement (it's given but I was wondering if there was more too it) and what they did after. Instead of telling me this happened, show me a little of what happened so I can understand better. It picks up with them meeting four years after their failed
Blodeuedd Finland
I must say that this was my favourite book of the 3. Why, well everyone that have read them know about William and Prisca, their constant banter and how they seem to loathe each other, but at the same time they do seem to like each other...a lot. With that in mind I started this book.

We finally get an explanation why Prisca takes every opportunity she gets so verbally abuse William. There was a failed elopement years ago, and neither got over that. It is obvious that they still have feelings for
The Readings of a Busy Mom Riaz
Jul 17, 2010 The Readings of a Busy Mom Riaz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
The Wolf Next Door is the third part in The Westerfield Brother Trilogy but you don't have to read the previous two, to thoroughly enjoy this novel as you don't miss out much it would do great as a stand alone. Lydia writes with a natural skill her work flows and I found my self lost within the pages of The Wolf Next Door completely devouring it in a matter of hours and when I was finished I wanted more. It had all the things I needed right now in a novel....a historical setting, a set of hunky ...more
Johanna
Mar 30, 2012 Johanna rated it it was amazing
The Wolf Next Door
(The Westfield Wolves Book #3)
by Lydia Dare

Genre: Paranormal Romance

They can't even be in the same room together...Ever since their failed elopement years ago, Prisca Hawthorne has taunted, insulted, and in every way tried to push him away. If only her heart didn't break every time Lord William Westfield left her...But staying apart is even worse...Lord William throws himself into drinking, gambling, and debauchery and pretends not to care about Prisca at all. But when he retu
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Also on http://sillymelody.blogspot.com

So, I have been on a Lydia Dare kick if you haven't notice. I really love these books, because they are a lot of fun. Plus, they're paranormal and regency, seriously the best of both worlds. Anyways, I have been re-reading The Wolf Next Door these last couple of days. So, here is my summary and what I thought of it.

Prisca Hawthorne has been living next door to the Westfields her whole life and never knew there secret. However, she carries her own secret to
Jo (My House of Books)
Sep 16, 2010 Jo (My House of Books) rated it really liked it
My favorite book of the series, I think. I've been waiting for Will and Prisca ever since their initial spark in A Certain Wolfish Charm. Drinking and cavorting are no help to Will in forgetting that he truly loves Prisca; her icy demeanor toward him doesn't ease her heartache.

Several things caught my attention though, particularly concerning Will's and Prisca's botched elopement. Prisca was 15 at the time; Will was older, 19 or 20? That's young, shockingly young, I thought.

When it's made know
Terra
Apr 15, 2010 Terra rated it it was amazing
If you liked the first two books of this series then you will most certainly love this one. I just couldn't wait for Will's story and was licking my fingers all the way through.

Book one and two gave us a little tasting of Prisca and Will with the dangling of tensions between them making us crave this story with high anticipation. Thank goodness the wait is over and the book delivers. The battle of will's along with tempers flying as two of the most stubborn people are put together at last.

Prisca
Marie
Nov 11, 2011 Marie rated it liked it
Shelves: i-have-in-ebook
Cherie
Sep 03, 2014 Cherie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, e-book
A good but not great story. Ms. Dare writes heroes who cheat in order to achieve a happily ever after. In other words, they seduce. Not my favorite romance trope. Each hero in the series has been insecure about their Lycan status, which is understandable to a point, and therefore purposefully neglect to tell their heroine about who they really are.

In this one, Will has a history with Prisca that goes back farther than their aborted elopement. The reason the elopement was aborted was either left
Sandra
May 25, 2010 Sandra rated it really liked it
This third book in the series, sees the last brother William claim his mate, Prisca Hawthorne.

Of course all is not smooth sailing. They have known each other since childhood and have a failed elopement in their past.

Matters are not helped by her 5 brothers who are determined to wed Prisca to William with all posthaste regardless of what Prisca wants. She wants to wed William but only if he wants to, and she is convinced he doesn't want to.

Add to this mess, Dashiel, the Earl of Brimsworth, an un
  • Legend of the White Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #4)
  • Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • The Katres' Summer (The Soul-Linked Saga , #3 )
  • Wolf's Valentine (Westervelt Wolves, #3.5)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves, #5)
3112090
Lydia Dare is the pseudonym for the writing team of Tammy Falkner and Jodie Pearson. Both are active members of the Heart of Carolina Romance Writers and have sat on the organization's Board of Directors. Their writing process involves passing a manuscript back and forth, each one writing 1500 words after editing the other's previous installment. Jodie specializes in writing the history and Tammy ...more
More about Lydia Dare...

Westfield Wolves (6 books)
  • A Certain Wolfish Charm (Westfield Wolves, #1)
  • Tall, Dark and Wolfish (Westfield Wolves, #2)
  • The Taming of the Wolf (Westfield Wolves, #4)
  • The Wolf Who Loved Me (Westfield Wolves, #5)
  • Wolfishly Yours (Westfield Wolves, #6)