My One

My One

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Love knows no limits...

Briony considers herself easy to please. All she wants is a Dominant who's wickedly creative and completely devoted to conquering her--and only her--with joy. She has everything she wants until her Dom takes on another girl. Bri delights in fantasy role play, inventive toys and bondage at Hell Mary's BDSM club, but she doesn't do poly.

Now she's on th...more
Published February 16th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about My One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My One

Red
I must say that this is one of the most unique BDSM stories I have read. This story gravitates to the more mental and emotional demands that a D/s relationship requires. It also touches on how somebody could get mentally messed up as Briony did. I found it extremely interesting how Chris was able to help correct that negative mind set. This was a really good short story. I would actually love to see a continuation of their story. The only thing that I would change about this story is that I woul...more
Toni (U.A.C.)
Briony thinks she's in a great D/s relationship with her boyfriend Ridge until she finds him with another woman. So she picks up the pieces of her heart and tries to find another Dom. Eventually she finds Chris even though she already knows him.

Liked it. Really liked the Emerald scene between Briony and Chris. Wow.
Rida
Well written BDSM novella. What I find refreshing is the use of emotional control rather than physical. This very appealing aspect of BDSM is rarely exploited in BDSM erotica. I look forward to January Rowe's next book.
Mspink
This is not your typical story, either romance or bdsm... its also not for the faint of heart. I think the synopsis of the book pretty much encompasses the story. Briony is trying to find her "one" true master after being betrayed by her previous Dom. Chris wants her but patiently waits and gives her time. They have a few confrontations throughout the story before he finally corners her. He's not your typical Dominant. His methods and needs are very different than she's used to and almost a litt...more
Cid Tyer
I liked the premise of the book, but it didn't read the same way. It opens and you have Bri with her original Dom. I was rooting for her to leave him, no lie. You would think that Bri would begin a journey that would have her brushing paths with the DM who you know from the blurb she ends up with, but instead she goes off on her own for a while and the story focuses on her finding herself. That's cool! Everyone should know who they are, but when Bri and the DM Chris finally do get together there...more
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
This one was hard for me. I didn't feel connected to Chris at all. I felt like he needed a "project" more than a sub. I was also disappointed because when she asked for a safeword, he said you don't need one. That's a HUGE red flag for me.

Bri was messed up as well. She lived in a fantasy world and seemed disappointed that real life didn't meet up with her fantasy world. I was glad to see she insisted on a safeword with Chris, but she won't use it. She demonstrated that with Sterling. She should...more
Erica
Ehhhhh. Not that great. I really thought it was going to be good after the steamy opening scene on the ski slope with Briony and her ex, but it just never really got going for me. I thought the whole Dungeon Master/doctor routine was a really cool twist, but the book was not long enough to do any character development with Chris OR with their relationship. The emails that Briony received in response to her whyknot.com personal ad though were pretty darn funny...even more so because they weren't...more
Madhellena
I really didn't like this one. The story is about a disappointed sub that finds a new Dominant and learns a different type of submission.
First, it's written in the heroine's POV and it really doesn't work well. Second, the sex scenes are sad and boring. Third, I felt no connection to either character.
The only interesting (and funny) part of the story were the e-mails.
Miranda
...
This BDSM perspective feels different from previous fetish novels I have read. Not sure if that is because it is based on real life experiences or if it is the research showing through.
...
Enjoyed the light bantering both during the novice top proposition and doc's dates. Felt like Ms. Rowe was really getting into her groove there!
Buffy Scott
So I bought this book because it was cheap and looked like a quick read. I was a little put off at first by the first person POV, but once I got into it everything moved very nicely. This is a quick, fun BDSM read. I loved the responses to Bri's personal ads. Chris is hot as hell and the sex is nice and kinky. All in all a good time.
Bea
This short book spent too much time on emails from potential online doms and not-that-steamy fantasies. Absolutely no character development for Chris. No closure with the ex. Little development of the love story. I couldn't relate to this one at all.
celticminx (aka: kristi or "k")
This was a big improvement on Management Skills. Scenes were played out more completely. Nice for a quick read and I was happy for Bri when she finally got her HEA.
Miz
I really liked this book... Reading the emails in between was hilarious. though there were some confusing parts. Wished this story was longer.
Lily Marlene
I started to read it and couldn't stop until it was finished!! too bad that it's so short!

I found it very very original, funny, hot and sweet.
Susan
This is an interesting book. I enjoy reading about things I don't quite understand sometimes.
~Mel :)~
It was alright. I didnt care for the scenes in her head imo.
.could have been better
Julz

I enjoyed this one. Was a different taken. good quick read.
Graelynn Grimm
I only rated 4 stars cuz I wanted more! Just too short to be so damn good!
 Sara
Jun 11, 2012 Sara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sara by: KW
Fun, if short. I liked the Dom's low-protical, low-tech methods.
Donna
Great short read i like them a dit longer to bad about the ending
L Leonard
I wanted to like this book a lot more than I did.
Kerste
short and not very transformative. I want my $2.80 back.
Pallavi
Yes, as someone says the use of emotional control as opposed to an assortment of instruments was a refreshing change but for me that's because the heroine needed the emotional control. And it was good to read an honest description of what she needed and the simplicity of her relationship with Chris, the way the book was written made all of these things pack a punch. A keeper, one of my favourite books.
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Julia Mccracken
Julia Mccracken marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Katie St thomas
Katie St thomas marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
  • Accidental Slave
  • Tamed
  • Roped In (Bondage Ranch, #1)
  • Rite of First Claim (Diablo Blanco Club, #3)
  • Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)
  • Silent Night (Perfect Timing, #2)
  • Beck And Call
  • Reconstructing Meredith
  • Watch Me (Purgatory Club, #2)
  • Private Investigations
  • At the Dungeon Master's Hand (Le Club d'Esclavage, #1)
  • Protégée (Freedom Bound, #1)
  • Double Trouble (I Heart That City)
  • A Little Harmless Lie (Harmless, #4)
  • A Good Student
  • Coin Operated (Dirty Laundry, #1)
  • In Debt to the Dom (Guilty Pleasures # 1)
  • Afterlife (Knights of the Board Room, #4)
Management Skills