Start by marking “Your Very Own Robot (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers #4)” as Want to Read:
Your Very Own Robot (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers #4)

Your Very Own Robot (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers #4)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Your parents are scientists and inventors. One day, they throw some pieces of a robot into the trash. If you can figure out how to put the pieces together, you'll have a robot of your very own! But do you know enough to control it? Are you ready for the adventure your very own robot will bring will bring? Do you dare dive into a vat of ice cream to save your robot? Do you ...more
Published 1982 by Bantam Skylark

To ask other readers questions about Your Very Own Robot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Very Own Robot

Justin Sewell
Aug 04, 2013 Justin Sewell rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Don Hedin fans
Shelves: cyo-adventure
To be honest, I didn't really like this book very much. But I have to give it one extra star just because I have so much admiration for Don Hedin's (Paul Granger's) light touch with the illustrations.

Only he could take an ending where Your Very Own Robot disassembles YOU and make it kid friendly. I laughed long and hard at the illustration of the protagonist (a six-year oldish kid) with her smiling head sitting on the desktop.

I do not recommend the book for young readers, however. Because, uh,
Ron Gastgeb
Ah, my first Choose Your Own Adventure book. I'm fairly sure that it no longer exists, having disintegrated under the stress of thousands of re-reads (I had to be sure that I'd read every possible story).
Kelly
Apr 05, 2012 Kelly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
The kids are just starting to get into Choose Your Own Adventure books. This is their favorite. I love doing the robot voice.
Kristen
Targeted towards a younger audience and appropriate for read-aloud.
Josiah
I like this book. The plot of Your Very Own Robot may imperfectly toe the line between realism and obvious fantasy at times, but that mix kind of works for how the book is done. Even when the story's action is plausible it seems better to view it as a fun fantasy, filled with consequences to your actions that aren't necessarily logical but are always funny and enjoyable.

The scene sets up like this: Your parents, both of whom are technological scientists, one day build a roughly human-shaped ro
Dolly
Apr 26, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children who enjoy choose-your-own adventure books
Our oldest has been bringing home various You Choose books from her elementary school library. And now at our local library we've discovered some of the books from the original Choose Your Own Adventure series that I read when I was a child. I remember loving books like this in my childhood and I am excited that our girls are discovering them as well.

This is a CYOA book for young readers and it focuses on a robot that your scientist parents created and then tossed in the trash when it wouldn't w
Yadira
This book allows children to make choices of where the story goes. As you read, it asks you to make choices and based on those choices the story may change. This means every time you read the book it may be a different story. Although the concept is kind of neat because it's unique, the story itself isn't that engaging in my opinion. This book is a good example to demonstrate to children that as writers, the stories they make up can change as they write them.
Alexander The Triumphant
In this book, there was a boy that had his Mom and Dad scientists, and every day they work with a robot. Only a few people want to build it. Lots of people want to have a robot, but only a few people get to have it. That's because robots are hard to make and they cause a lot of money. I didn't like this because you don't get to see some pages. -by Alexander
Maria Atkinson
I really enjoyed this book for my 7 year old. We read it together and the story kept him interested enough to do it more than a couple time each time we read it. We purchased another one the next day but that's another review.
Lily
I liked it because it was funny. Sometimes I had the same story but it was fun to read and get different stories about the robot.
Daniel
The plot-lines and language of this book are aimed more for children who need it read to them, rather than for children who can read.
Natalie Calder
Natalie Calder marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Sep 28, 2014
Sarah added it
Sep 04, 2014
Felipe
Felipe marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Dwight
Dwight marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Raymond A. Montgomery (born 1936 in Connecticut) is an author and progenitor of the Choose Your Own Adventure interactive children's book series. Montgomery graduated from Williams College and went to graduate school at Yale University and New York University (NYU). Montgomery has devoted his life to teaching and education.
More about R.A. Montgomery...

Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers (1 - 10 of 52 books)
  • The Circus (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #1)
  • The Haunted House (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #2)
  • Sunken Treasure (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #3)
  • Gorga, the Space Monster (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #5)
  • The Green Slime (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #6)
  • Help! You're Shrinking (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #7)
  • Indian Trail (Choose Your Own Adventure: Dragonlark)
  • Dream Trips (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #9)
  • The Genie in the Bottle (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #10)
  • The Bigfoot Mystery (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #11)
Journey Under the Sea (Choose Your Own Adventure, #2) Space and Beyond (Choose Your Own Adventure, #4) The Abominable Snowman (Choose Your Own Adventure, #13) Mystery of the Maya (Choose Your Own Adventure, #11) Return to Atlantis (Choose Your Own Adventure, #78)