Start by marking “Millie's Unsettled Season (A Life of Faith: Millie Keith #1)” as Want to Read:
Millie's Unsettled Season (A Life of Faith: Millie Keith #1)

Millie's Unsettled Season (A Life of Faith: Millie Keith #1)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  413 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Set in 1834, a strong-willed, 12-year-old Ohio girl named Millie Keith moves west with her large, happy family to start a new life in a rough, undeveloped town on the American plains. There she encounters American Indians and poor but courageous settlers. As Millie makes new friends, learns unfamiliar customs, and faces serious challenges, she learns to follow the guiding ...more
Published September 10th 2001 by Zonderkidz (first published September 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Millie's Unsettled Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Millie's Unsettled Season

The Millie Keith series was one of my favorite series to read. It's written by Finley, the same woman who wrote the Elsie Dinsmore. However, I found that I was more discouraged reading the Elsie series than I was with the Millie series. The reason being that Elsie is SO perfect in the books, always in the right, etc, etc. I'm not like that, so I was discouraged reading the books. However, when I read the Millie Keith series, I was encouraged by who Millie was. She was just like me! She had her p ...more
Megan M.
Nov 22, 2007 Megan M. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young adult girls
This is my favorite christian series. This is the first book out of 8. It's about Millie Keith who has to move and she has all of these problems testing her faith and whatnot. It includes a romance later in the series....ooooh. It's really sad at some parts and it made me cry and other times it made me laugh really hard. I definitely recommend it.
Smiley
Apr 19, 2009 Smiley rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: fav
it is amazing!!! it really shows how god's word was used to inspire this girl. :)
One Weird Gal
wow......I just love these books! they are filled with wonder, excitement, laughter, sorrow, and joy. Martha Finley did a fantastic job in writing the Elsie Dinsmore and Millie Keith books!
when I read this book, I was amazed at how I grew in my faith as Millie grew I hers. this was the first series in which I felt as if I was there, a part of the Keith family.
I highly recommend this book for 10+......and when you're done with them, you can put them in your hope chest for your future daughters to
Gabs

I am so GLAD they abridged these books. I read the original Elsie series, and let's just say they weren't very christian to me. Millie might have been better, because she was at least an abolitionist, but Elsie had a lot of problems, and considering Millie and Elsie are by the same author, I'm sure there were probably some problems in the Mildred Keith series to.
But there are no problems in this book. Millie loves God, but is not legalistic like the original Martha Finley books. Plus, this book
Elizabeth Dyck
A really interesting book for young girls to read. The book focuses on good and bad characteristics. The Christian examples and characters are awesome. The focus isn’t on just the good points, the author also lets the focus roam to the one’s in Millie’s life. A good fictionalized historically accurate book that is good for any aged girl to read. Not only girls but their parents also.
Kristin
I had never read a book about this location in this period of time. The heroine moves from her civilized hometown in Ohio to an unsettled, emerging area in Indiana in the 1830s. Along the way she is challenged to find new friends and to face issues such as poverty and classism.
Anna Hutzky
OH MY GOSH!!!!! I've tried reading this book before but didn't have an interest in it until my sister started reading the "Millie" series and I tried it, too, and now I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!! I'm going to the library tonight to pick up the next in the series!!!! :)
Emily V
This is about a girl named Millie who just traveled on a long long journey to Ohio. Lots of things have happened on the way and finally they are in Ohio. They are staying at a hotel. They just went to see their new house and Millie hates it.
Micah
Oh my goodness, I remember loving this books when I was little! I tried rereading them again recently, but the writing style was a little weak for me. It's a great book for a younger audience though!
Kiernan Holton
I like Millie better than Elsie Dinsmore for the simple fact that Millie is more real. She does have problems with her character and she does have to deal with them. She's not perfect but she is trying. Love!
Caroline
Living home was hard for Millie Keith. Leaving every thing she knew not knowing if she would ever come back to it. Going from a city to a town shows how much courage a 12 year old can have.
Amanda
I loved every single one of the Millie Books! I read them when I'm sick of reading or if I can't sleep or if I'm having a bad day. She grows up through the books so I'm always her age. :)
Alyssa
I love Millie Keith soooooo much more than Elsie Dinsmore!!!
Millie lives an exciting life and faces real struggles in a godly way. Plus her family is so endearing and lovable!
Leah
Nov 06, 2008 Leah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Leah by: It was recommended on the Last Elsie Dinsmore book
Shelves: life-of-faith
I really liked this book, because I could relate to Millie in quite a few ways. It really encouraged me to read my Bible more and live for God, and it was also very fun to read!
Marnie
For one of my daughters this was the series that sparked her desire to read well. Love this off shoot of the Elsie Dinsmore series. Which also sparked it for her. They both did.
Nadia
I really liked this book. They really know how to keep you on suspese to buy the next book..At the end of this book I cried...But it was happy crying...
Regan
this book is reallly good and I liked it alot but you have to be into the olden days and stuff or you wont like it.
Ratforcekids
This is the inspirational fiction genre that you chose. There are a number of books in the Life of Faith Series.
Cayla
liked this book, i read last summer and it was much better than i expected
Jenna
Throughout the book, Millie almost turns into a new character!
Jen
I am reading the books again, for fun because I liked them so much!
Natalia
It was a really good book to me in fifth grade, but not as much now.
Elyssa
It was a wonderful book, in a wonderful series.
Sara
It was a great story about having faith in God!
All these books were really good...
Jennifer n Robert
Jennifer n Robert marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Millie's Unsettled Season 4 14 Dec 24, 2012 06:01PM
  • Darien's Rise (Adventures In Odyssey: Passages, #1)
  • Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)
  • Prairie River: A Journey of Faith (Prairie River, #1)
  • Through Thick & Thin (London Confidential, #2)
  • God King: A Story in the Days of King Hezekiah
  • Here's Lily! (Young Women of Faith: Lily Series, #1)
  • Self Raised
  • Treasures from Grandma (Grandma's Attic, #4)
  • Spy for the Night Riders
  • Star of Light
  • Papua New Guinea (Notes from a Spinning Planet, #2)
  • Lies Young Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free
  • The Fall of Candy Corn (Sweet Seasons, #2)
  • So Over It (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #3)
  • The Princess and the Kiss: A Story of God's Gift of Purity [Book with Audio]
Martha Finley was a teacher and author of numerous works, the most well known being the 28 volume Elsie Dinsmore series which was published over a span of 38 years. Finley wrote many of her books under the pseudonym Martha Farquharson.

For more information, please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_F... or, http://marthafinley.wordpress.com/
More about Martha Finley...
Elsie Dinsmore (The Original Elsie Classics #1) Elsie's Endless Wait (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #1) Elsie's Impossible Choice (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #2) Elsie's New Life (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #3) Elsie's Stolen Heart (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #4)

“God calls us to a wild adventure, not a tea party, my dear. I don't follow Jesus because he can give me a life without pain. I follow him because he is good. Someday I will follow him right through death, and into our Heavenly Father's house."
Aunt Wealthy”