Start by marking “Twenty Wishes” as Want to Read:
Twenty Wishes

Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street #5)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  11,421 ratings  ·  931 reviews
What do you want most in the world?

What Anne Marie Roche wants is to find happiness again. At thirty-eight, she's childless, a recent widow, alone. She owns a successful bookstore on Seattle's Blossom Street, but despite her accomplishments, there's a feeling of emptiness.

On Valentine's Day, Anne Marie and several other widows get together to celebrate…hope. The
Published May 1st 2010 by Mira (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Twenty Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twenty Wishes

Amber
This would have to be one of my favorite in the Blossom Street Book Series.

1. The Shop on Blossom Street
2. The Good Yarn
3. Susannah's Garden
4. Back on Blossom Street
5. Twenty Wishes
6. Summer on Blossom Street?
7. Hannah's List

I fell in love with the characters. I can't wait for the next book.
Patricia
At the annual Christmas party of the Sisters of the Sauna, the conversation turned to books as it often does. Our hostess, an excellent storyteller, said that she had read this book and it changed her life. She said that she had begun practicing random a acts of kindness with suprising outcomes. As my antenna is always scaniing the conversations of my friends for great books, I decided to search for it. I secretly hoped it wasn't one of those selfhelp books preach about changing my gutterbound w ...more
Lynne
CIP: What do you want most in the world?

Anne Marie Roche wants to find happiness again. At 38 her life s not what she d expected--she s childless, a recent widow, alone. She owns a successful bookstore on Seattle s Blossom Street, but despite her accomplishments, there s a feeling of emptiness.

On Valentine s Day, Anne Marie and several other widows get together to celebrate...what? Hope, possibility, the future. They each begin a list of twenty wishes, things they always wanted to do but never d
Rebecca
This book has actually changed my life. It is a novel about making goals for yourself in your life. I loved it. I actually made a 20 wishes list for myself and have completed one wish so far. It makes me excited to try new things in life and remember some of the goals I have had in life.

Christiana
I really liked this book. It made me realize that no matter what happens you shouldn't give up hope or stop wishing.

I like the fact that Debbie Macomber is able to weave characters that have flaws and problems just like the rest of us but they aren't so over the top that you don't believe them.

She also gives you updates about characters in previous Bloomsom Street books and works them into the story. It was like hanging out with old friends and making new ones.
Susan Mallery
Loved this book, and I'm really excited to read Debbie's story "The Twenty-First Wish" in THE KNITTING DIARIES. (Full disclosure - I wrote one of the stories in THE KNITTING DIARIES, too.)
Lauran
I haven't read a Debbie Macomber book in quite a while, and I was pleased with this one. It talks about four widows creating a list of twenty wishes. That are supposed to help them get back to living life. As someone currently dealing with a death in my family it was a great way to remember not to dwell on it, and to remember to keep living your life.
bookczuk
Jun 14, 2009 bookczuk rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to bookczuk by: cheryl jones (reggiesgirl)
This was one of the last books bumma was reading, and while she didn't have the strength to finish it, the idea of a group of widows meeting made her wistful. She lost her beloved 28 years ago today, which would have been their 68th anniversary, and never loved another man. She told me once that she thought when my dad first died, that she might remarry, because she was so young. But she soon realized she had no interest in finding another man. She found other passions in her life: grandchildren ...more
Gloria
Aug 16, 2008 Gloria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who want a great story
An interesting book that has many surprises. It was great to see how each person's story unfolded. Many great lessons to learn, among them were forgiveness and to look beyond the obvious.
Barbara ★
This was a surprisingly good book. Years ago, I used to read everything by Debbie Macomber and stopped though I can't remember why. I think it's when I discovered paranormal romance and Debbie's writing no longer appealed. I needed to read something by her for an author of the month challenge so when I saw this audiobook, I jumped on it. It reminded me why I enjoyed her stuff in the past. This is part of the Blossom Street series and though definitely chick-lit, it was very much a tear-jerker.

Fo
Kathryn
Michelle
May 17, 2009 Michelle rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women over 30
Recommended to Michelle by: N/A
The story was incredibly predictable and really sappy almost all the way through. It reads a lot like "Twilight" - a good book to turn your brain off while reading but definitely NOT great literature. I disliked that the book hardly mentioned the characters from The Shop on Blossom Street . Lydia, whom I happened to like a lot and figured the rest of the series would center on, was only mentioned in passing. She had NO major role in this story. I found that to be pretty disappointing. Something ...more
Debbie
Absolutely wonderful addition to the Blossom Street series. The new charecters in the bookstore, the return of old favorite characters, and the connections they make with each other. A group of ladies who have one thing in common, being a widow, set out to make the best of a Valentines Day alone. The idea of making a list of 20 wishes is joking tossed about, then they all decide to do that very thing.
Debbie Macober is such a creative writter that is able to make each persons wishes real, warm a
Bonny
Still travelling, but I have small slips of time where I can read for a moment or three. Finished this book on the short flight from Turin to Munich this afternoon.

Debbie Macomber is another of my favourite authors. So far I have enjoyed every one of her books and have not yet been disappointed with her touching stories. I love the idea of making a list of wishes and taking actions to make them come true. Some occur by happenstance, but I think the desire has to be there and you have to be open
Leslee
This was I booked I lucked out on. I had never heard of it, but picked it up anyway. It is about 4 widows that get together on Valentines, and decide to make 20 wishes, (not to be confused with goals). It was fun as they each became committed to their wishes that the wish would bring them so much joy. Ann Marie (one of the widows) decided to volunteer in an elementary school and have lunch with an 8 year old girl, which turns out to be so much more. This an easy read but so enjoyable. I loved it ...more
Karenpetersen26
My Mom gave me this book and said "It was a cute story, that I should read it." I took the book thinking to myself, I will never read it... That night I had some free time so I thought what the heck... I'll read it! To my surprise I liked it and finished the book in three days. I loved how each of these women decided to what makes them happy and no one else. It was a cute book seeing how they made there 20 wishes come true... It made think of what my 20 wishes are... I am actually still in progr ...more
Hanİfe Poyraz
Yazar Bir Dilekle Başladı Her Şey'i oldukça sade bir dille yazmış.Kitabı okuyan herkes yazarın ne demek istediğini çelişkiye düşmeden anlayabilir,yazar söylemek istediklerini açık bir şekilde ifade ediyor.Ayrıca kitap oldukça akıcı.Okurken sayfaların nasıl ilerlediğini anlamıyorsunuz.Kitapta 5 dul kadının eşleri öldükten sonra hayatlarında meydana gelen değişiklikler,düştüğü umutsuzluklar ve bu zorlu süreçten nasıl geçtikleri anlatılıyor.Fakat kitabın olay örgüsü çok basit olmuş.Okurken bizi hey ...more
Lexi
The story starts out with Anne Marie Roche a 38 year old widow and several other widows on Valentine’s Day getting together. Anne Marie is trying to find happiness and doesn’t like her life. The other widows aren’t happy with their lives either. They’re all together on a lover’s holiday, depressed. They all drink wine and stomp on bubble wrap to get out their frustrations. They end up giggling and then Anne Marie comes up with the idea that they should each start a list titled: “Find one good th ...more
Mary
Sep 12, 2014 Mary rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes contemporary fiction
Recommended to Mary by: Library Book Sale
Anne Marie Roche wants to have some joy in her life. At the age of thirty-eight, she is living the sort of life that she never expected nor intended for herself - she's childless, a recent widow, and alone. She owns a successful bookstore on Seattle's Blossom Street, but despite her numerous accomplishments, there's still an inescapable feeling of emptiness...Anne Marie is terribly lonely and desperately unhappy.

On Valentine's Day, she and several other widows get together to celebrate...what ex
Cheryl
When you love someone all your saved up wishes start coming out. - Elizabeth Bowen

Reading a Blossom Street novel by Debbie Macomber is like coming home - loving, welcoming, full of laughter. And TWENTY WISHES was a favorite "trip home."

Four widows get together on that dreaded holiday for singles - Valentine's Day - to commiserate with each other, drink some champagne - and walk barefoot through bubble wrap. They end up deciding to comprise lists of heartfelt wishes that maybe even they didn't kn
Tári
Doğruyu söylemek gerekirse hiç de emin olamadan başladığım bir kitaptı... Fiyatının 5 TL olduğunu görmesem, Debbie Macomber'in bir kitabını almayı düşünmezdim de. Ama bitirdikten sonra iyi ki almışım diyorum.:)
Basit bir hikayeydi, öyle büyük ve heyecanlı olayların olmadığı, hani ev hanımları için tabir edilen türden... Bana birazcık Maeve Binchy'y anımsatan bir tarzı vardı. :) Baş karakterimiz ve arkadaşlarının, hayatlarının sorunlu, mutsuz bir döneminde yirmi tane dileklerini yazdıkları birer l
April Ramon
great book really enjoyed it
Karen
This book is about several widows who meet at a knitting shop to learn how to knit and soon they all discover that they want to do something that they all always wanted to do but never did - so each lady made a list with 20 wishes on it - and from there is where the book begins and ends with most of their wishes done - they did very worth while things - its a good book to read - I liked it
Teresa Grubbs
A good tearjerker about a group of widows who meet together on Valentine's Day and decide to each make a list of twenty wishes. They then go about making some of their wishes come true. Two women find true love again with diffent men, one ends up adopting the little girl that she had volunteered to be lunch buddies with, etc. A feel-good story as can be expected from Debbie Macomber.
Dilara Okut

Debbie Macomber,klasiği olan bu seri kitap yine aynı şekilde insanı ümitlendirme,umut,insanları mutlu etme adına sıcacık,insanı sarıp sarmalayan bir hikaye ile karşımızda..Yazarımız yine aynı uslupla devam etmekte;tabii bunda çevirmenin payı büyük,çünkü bazı cümleler var ki günlük hayatta hep söylediğimiz cümleler.İçten ve samimi çevrilmiş

Bildiği gibi kitap Blossom sokağında geçiyor; yeni kahramanlar eklenerek hikayemiz devam etmekte.
Hikayemiz, dört dul ka
Heather
I probably wouldn't have picked this book out on my own, it was an assignment for my Americorps position, but I loved it! It's very cheesy, but definitely a good escape during long winter months. The characters are somewhat believable, though flat at times. If you're looking for something that is pure entertainment, this is the book.
Kristi
Twenty Wishes. MANY more than just three! But there is no genie involved. It's all up to you. What does your heart desire? That is the first question, and perhaps the most difficult to answer.

And once you have identified what it is you want, share it with friends, and go out and make it happen!
Carol
A delightful trip back to Blossom Street. A group of widows try to bring some joy back to their lives by each making a list of wishes. Almost everyone they tell about their lists is inspired to write their own list. A charming story. Wishes can come true, but maybe not the way you think that they will.
Eileen
Loved this book and fast read. Could not put it down. 4 friends make a list of 20 wishes and it is amazing how it changes their lives. Even though it is fiction, and hard to believe so much of it, I love the fact that it is so similar to women today that are widowed or divorced and how there lives change. Things end up not as we expected or planned as when we were young making decisions. Our lives changed and we need to be POSITIVE and make some wishes for ourselves and plan to move on in life a ...more
Debbie, as she always has been for me, had me entranced and enthralled in this book. The lights had gone out in Georgia and I still couldn't put this book down. I curled up next to the lantern and the window and read each and every page. This book is a keeper.
A good book to read 38 75 May 20, 2013 05:55PM
  • Welcome to Serenity (The Sweet Magnolias #4)
  • The New Year's Quilt (Elm Creek Quilts, #11)
  • Snowfall at Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #4)
  • The Sweetgum Knit Lit Society (Sweetgum Knit #1)
  • Just Over the Mountain (Grace Valley Trilogy, #2)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Blossom Street (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 )
  • A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2)
  • Susannah's Garden (Blossom Street, #3)
  • Christmas Letters
  • Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)
  • Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #6)
  • Hannah's List (Blossom Street, #7)
  • A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8)
  • Starting Now (Blossom Street, #9)
  • Blossom Street Brides (Blossom Street #10)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)

“Your heart has to let your head know what it wants.” 17 likes
“Sometimes, I think we're afraid to admit we want certain things. Especially things that contradict the image we have of ourselves.” 11 likes