Start by marking “The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)

The Devil She Knows (Devil #6)

After Portia Townsend's ex-husband blackmails her into helping him overthrow the Turkish sultan, she turns to the only man who can help, her childhood crush Gareth Lowell. In the corrupt and deadly city of Constantinople, their two damaged souls may find the ultimate treasure.
Published June 1st 2010 by Brava (first published May 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil She Knows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil She Knows

Carolyn F.
Nov 27, 2010 Carolyn F. rated it it was ok
This book was just mediocre. Sometimes the dialogue was so stilted it was like a high school play. I felt nothing for either the hero Gareth or the heroine Portia. And her recovery from years of sexual abuse by her husband was too quick to be believable. I've read a short story by this author and liked that more.
Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
This was not one of the better books I've read. I didn't care about any of the characters although I did have a twinge of compassion for Gareth for a little bit. I found the settings to be distracting. It starts in Arizona, goes to New York with no sort of indication that it was going that way then it ends up in England and from there through a maze of places, it ends up in Constantinople where the majority of the story takes place. I didn't find the setting to be interesting at all and since I ...more
Kathy Davie
Dec 11, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it did not like it
Shelves: history, erotica
Oh, this started out so promisingly. And within 10 chapters turned to crap. I'm still not sure how I managed to read my way through the dreck. The first book in this series was so good, particularly on an erotic note! And, it seems, Whiteside had given her all by its end. Each succeeding book has simply gotten worse and worse.

When we first meet Portia, she is presented as an intelligent, benevolently manipulative, brave, still childish character. Within a few chapters, she's the opposite. Stupid
Janet Windeguth
Apr 19, 2011 Janet Windeguth rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Even though Lent's not quite over, I had to start reading my assignment for the annual local contest since they're due May 1. This is the first of five titles and all I have to say is good gawd. I don’t expect romances to have a very strong plot, but at least the spicy bits should be halfway enticing. These just left me cold. With so many “dripping cores” and “dripping shafts” the sex scenes read like a doctor’s manual for venereal diseases.
Divina
Mar 22, 2011 Divina rated it it was ok
The characters were "flat" and didn't seem to have the chemistry as you would expect. Female lead has had a crush on hero since she was a little girl. He treated her like a "kid" sister and was portrayed that way until the very end in my opinion. Story took place mostly in Turkey to make it more "exotic" local, but didn't do much for me.
Sara
Jun 17, 2013 Sara rated it it was ok
I remember liking Whiteside's previous books, but if they're anything like this one I sure can't figure out why I did.
The premise was great, but the execution was very poor. And the wording is often just bizarre.
Souravi Sadhukhan
Souravi Sadhukhan rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Ntokozo
Ntokozo rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Alexisa
Alexisa rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Christine Strowbridge
Jul 24, 2010 Christine Strowbridge rated it did not like it
I couldnt't finish it. argh!
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2013
NK
NK rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2010
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2013
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2011
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2011
Ana
Ana rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2016
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Nicki
Nicki rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Bonisiwe Maluka
Bonisiwe Maluka rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Cheri
Cheri rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Kati
Kati rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2010
AJ
AJ rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2011
Mary Whelan
Mary Whelan rated it did not like it
Oct 06, 2011
Jj
Jj rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2012
Jessica Starcher
Jessica Starcher rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2011
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Metramsk1
Metramsk1 rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Lake Magic
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Heart of Gold (Rainbow Chasers #1)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Frontier Courtship
  • The Cheating Curve
By day, Diane Whiteside builds and designs computer systems for the government. By night, she escapes into a world of alpha males and the unique women who turn their lives upside down. Noticing the lack of a husband to keep Diane in line, her Tibetan Terrier stepped up to the plate and makes sure that Diane does everything The Right Way which means lots of walks and dog treats. For more informatio ...more
More about Diane Whiteside...

Devil (6 books)
  • The Irish Devil (Devil, #1)
  • The River Devil (Devil, #2)
  • The Southern Devil (Devil, #3)
  • The Northern Devil (Devil, #4)
  • Kisses Like A Devil (Devil, #5)