Start by marking “Freedom Incorporated” as Want to Read:
Freedom Incorporated

Freedom Incorporated

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  98 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Corporations control the world, portal technology allows instantaneous travel, and the ultimate in branded living has arrived: microchip implants for all. But the new era, while peaceful on the surface, comes with a staggering price -- individual freedom -- and not everyone is willing to pay.
Nook, 1466 pages
Published November 23rd 2009 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Freedom Incorporated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom Incorporated

John Cress
Sep 24, 2012 John Cress rated it liked it
This book held may interest and mainly centered on an evil corporation that was tied into the government and thus controls everything. I enjoyed the characters, especially the rivalries between bounty hunters. Some of the acts committed by the 'bad guys' are a bit graphic so this is not for young readers. The world created was one that would make for a good setting for a series.
Gl
May 15, 2012 Gl rated it did not like it

Decent enough story line. Terrible editing. Foul language totally unnecessary to the plot. A few scenes very graphic and disturbing. Overall a disappointing read.
Jagged
Jul 20, 2014 Jagged rated it it was ok
There's not many books that take me over a month to read that I still kind of end up enjoying. Seriously. I had a love hate relationship with this book.

There were times where I put this book down for days at a time. Very rarely, if at all, did I read a whole chapter at a time.

I wasn't exactly expecting the dark nature of the read. That's not bad exactly, it just kind of threw me because for some reason (I really don't know why) I had thought this book was more suited for young adults. Clearly,
Gerold Whittaker
Aug 14, 2011 Gerold Whittaker rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, ebook
The book was spoiled by some poor editing which detracted from the story somewhat. That being said, the story itself and the characters were very interesting and to be honest: I was disappointed that he has not released another book since.

The year is 2066 and the world is controlled by mega-corporations. One corporation runs the portals used for instantaneous travel across the world, another is responsible for security. People are microchipped and the Corporations can tell where anyone is at any
Amos Batto
Jun 02, 2010 Amos Batto rated it really liked it
Peter Tylee's Freedom Incorporated constructs a gritty, dark future of what may happen if we let corporations have free reign without the proper constraints of democracy. It is set far enough into the future that it the author is free to imagine far-fetched technology like space-time bending transporters, but close enough to the present that it can logically extend from current trends, which are incredibly frightening. In many ways, the book serves as a wake-up call to where we are heading as a ...more
Nicki Markus
Sep 19, 2011 Nicki Markus rated it liked it
This book could have used some more editing, but on the whole was an enjoyable read. The first few chapters, I found myself wondering if I would be able to get into the piece, but eventually the story line evened out and I was able to enjoy it.

Tylee's vision of the year 2066 is pretty dark and dystopian and I thought his world-building worked well as it all felt very believable. There was a definite 'big brother is watching you' sentiment with the idea of Echelon and UniForce monitoring every mo
Totoro
Jan 27, 2011 Totoro rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kobo
Tylee's Freedom Incorporated is a strong piece of science fiction with a fantastic and unpredictable interweaving narrative plot. It uses real places in Australia, the USA which adds to the eerie possibility in future society.

*Partial Spoilers*
Set several decades from today, Tylee explores the implications of space travel through 'portals', and the misuse of power by multinational companies down to the single individual. It constructs a society where law and order has no power compared to the co
Kamas Kirian
Having a really hard time getting into this story. I'm about 10% into it and it's just not grabbing me. The foul language used by some of the characters and sometimes rather graphic descriptions doesn't seem necessary to move the story along. It reminds me of a William Gibson story. I'll probably come back to it in a few months, but right now I have to call it abandoned.

The eBook could have been formatted better. It's listing 1400+ pages, with each page turn advancing between 1 and 4 pages with
Kendell Watts
Dec 20, 2012 Kendell Watts rated it really liked it
I have to agree with some of the others on here when they speak of the preachiness of this book. The leftwing, anti-capitalist, tree-hugging, goin' green gobbletygoob was the entire undertone of this story and the main female protaganist made me a bit ill at times, but it bears saying that I made it past that and enjoyed the story non the less which speaks to me of the strength of the authors idea.
This book is sort of an end times story with all of the black holes and human chipping going on in
Susan
Apr 30, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
This is a very intriguing peek into the possibilities of world domination by corporations, who will stop at nothing, to maintain their position, including hiring assassins. It is written from the perspective of the struggle of those who chose to hide outside the system, in the hopes of pushing back. They remember the lost freedoms of recent generations & were encouraged by loved ones not to cave in to todays subjugations. One assassin is pulled into the conflict & uses his skills & c ...more
Hamilton
Aug 11, 2012 Hamilton rated it it was ok
Dark and disturbing, the book Freedom Incorporated seemed desperate to make a point about a scary future. This imaginative destiny cooked up by Peter Tylee was frighteningly realistic and rousing. However, you can only describe a shot to the head in so many ways before it becomes ridiculous. Most of the sexual encounters were pointless to the plot, just some weird way of stirring the pot. The convincing crew of characters barely rescued this story from its onslaught of garish and overly exaggera ...more
Ellen
Jan 29, 2014 Ellen rated it it was ok
Interesting story in dire need of a good editor.
Danielle
Apr 29, 2011 Danielle rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
I loved the storyline, buy unfortunately this is a good example of why editors are still an important part of the publishing process. I understand that it's a tough gig to crack, but just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I don't think I'll be reading this author again simply for the inconsistencies, grammar, spelling and typos.
Gillian
Aug 04, 2011 Gillian rated it really liked it
Surprisingly good! Dark, dangerous and swift-moving story set in a world of the not-to-distant-future, featuring nanotechnology and space portals, complete with mega-corporate big brother and a reluctant hero. A bit preachy on the environment, but a good yarn nonetheless.
Carol
Jun 06, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it
I really enjoy dystopian science fiction, and this hit all the right notes for me. Corporate control supplants government, rebellion, cyborgs, etc. Despite being over 1,000 pages long (at least on the Nook version) it was a quick and engaging read from start to finish.
LoudVal
Sep 07, 2011 LoudVal rated it it was ok
Ok for the commute. A proper editor would have cleaned up the loose bits, made it more readable instead of skim-able. Liked the concept, an okay SciFi short story that lacked a full-novel feel.
Jack
Oct 01, 2011 Jack rated it liked it
Dystopian novel set in a future when global corporations really rule the world. An interesting plot but sadly let down by some serious spelling errors.
Savannah
May 03, 2011 Savannah rated it liked it
I loved the idea, and the plotline- while it was at times confusing I still enjoyed it. This book shows why you need to have an editor review your stuff.
Darlene Murphy
Mar 02, 2012 Darlene Murphy rated it liked it
Not one of my usual genre's, futuristic, 2066 to be exact but full of interesting possibilities/ This author has a good imagination, I just hope he's wrong.
Maybaby
Mar 20, 2011 Maybaby rated it liked it

Good rollicking read...truly a cautionary tale of where we are heading as we let corporations dictate our lifestyles.
Lisa
Mar 28, 2012 Lisa rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Not for me! Too much foul language, I didn't make it past the first few chapters.
Martin Parker
Sep 23, 2012 Martin Parker rated it it was amazing
Great read almost as good as GWTDT
mrs.j.whitfield
mrs.j.whitfield rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Dee Gray
Dee Gray marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Austen Sant
Austen Sant marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Michella
Michella marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Haven (The Fall of Haven #1)
  • Blue Haired Alien Girlfriend
  • Hero Wanted (Jason Cosmo #1)
  • Fortunes of War
  • From the Ashes
  • A Memory of Wind
  • Soul Identity (Soul Identity, #1)
  • Ninja
  • Winter (The Demi-Monde #1)
  • United Moon Colonies
  • The Grendel's Shadow
  • The God In The Clear Rock
  • The Big Jump
  • The Man Who Crossed Worlds (Miles Franco #1)
  • Astronauts and Heretics
  • The Trivia Lover's Guide to the World: Geography for the Lost and Found
  • Zendegi
  • Hurt Machine (Moe Prager, #7)