Start by marking “Love Thine Enemy” as Want to Read:
Love Thine Enemy

Love Thine Enemy

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The tropics of colonial Florida are far removed from America's Revolution. Still, Rachel Folger's loyalties remain with Boston's patriots. Handsome plantation owner Frederick Moberly's faithfulness to the Crown is as certain as his admiration for Rachel--but for the sake of harmony, he'll keep his sympathies hidden. After all, the war is too far distant to truly touch them ...more
Published July 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Love Thine Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Thine Enemy

Lynne Kensington
I have never been a fan of Christian fic, nor of my current home, Florida. This book opened my eyes on both fronts. I won Love Thine Enemy, along with two other of Louise's books, in a raffle. If I had known how lucky that win would be, I would have played the lottery that day and been able to write this from the Riviera.

Love how well Louise writes the conflict between our hero and heroine, two people on opposite sides of a major conflict. The characters drew me in completely. Yes, it is formula
Judy
I enjoy these historicals where I learn as well as enjoy a story.

I never thought much about the war with the British.

Frederick is overlooking a plantation for his father in East Florida.

Rachel Folger wanted to be back in Boston helping the Patriots in some way but her father brought her to East Florida to work in his mercantile.

Frederick and Rachel fall in love but his plantation has slaves and he is a Tory.

This story is exciting and includes spies and who could they be, falling in love with so
Germma Jackson
Good Read- Ending a bit weak and predictable

I must say the story was great and kept my interests. that's why I'm even more upset with the ending. it's like the author just gave up on excitement, creativity, and suspense. The end was a bit boring considering all the excitement and characterization the rest of the story contained. But even with the slow ending, the book was a very good read that I enjoyed greatly.
Cami Checketts
I liked the hero and heroine, but the book was too cookie cutter for me. Writing for Steeple Hill (Harlequin) I believe they have to follow a certain formula. I would love to read a book by this author that wasn't so formulaic.
IrenesBookReviews
This was an easy to follow story. Worth reading.
Lauri
Lauri marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Nancy Klinger
Nancy Klinger marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Angieleigh
Angieleigh marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Raili
Raili marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Lydia
Lydia added it
Apr 24, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Cindy Warner
Cindy Warner marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Vivian
Vivian added it
Oct 17, 2014
Melody Phillips
Melody Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Liz
Liz is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Captain's Lady A Proper Companion (Ladies in Waiting, #1) A Suitable Wife (Ladies in Waiting, #2) At the Captain's Command Ahab's Bride (Ahab's Legacy, #1)