Start by marking “Death Note: Black Edition, Volume 2 (Death Note: Black Edition, #2)” as Want to Read:
Death Note: Black Edition, Volume 2 (Death Note: Black Edition, #2)

Death Note: Black Edition, Volume 2 (Death Note: Black Edition #2)

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  1,531 ratings  ·  97 reviews
Intégrale regroupant les tomes 3 et 4

Tome 3 :

La résidence de Light est placée sous surveillance vidéo. L et Light se livrent un duel silencieux relayé par les caméras cachées dans la maison du jeune homme. Grâce à un habile stratagème, Light parvient à établir la preuve de son innocence. Cela n'empêche pas L d'avoir des soupçons de plus en plus forts et de passer à l'actio
Paperback
Published 2009 by Tokyopop

To ask other readers questions about Death Note, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Note

Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
4.5/5 stars!
Things are getting insane, and I LOVE IT! I have no clue where this story is going to go, and I can't wait to see where it takes me :)
Jocelyne
September 2013: 5 Stars
The plot thickens! Although the introduction of a new villain is an old trick in the manga world, Misa is so different a villain that we can't help but wonder about her. And her relationship with Rem is bizarrely intimate compared to the bond between Light and Ryuk.
Is it bad that I found Light's manipulation of Misa... kind of cool? I know! I know! It's a horrible thing to do to a girl, but it's so true to his character, that I couldn't help but admire it.
That's one thing
Lamar Bakhsh
The plot just keeps getting thicker and thicker, I love it.
I'm absolutely on Light's side, I just love how he's so determined and undaunted. And I sure hope that's not the end of Misa, I mean she's stupid but bright enough.
Things lulled for a bit in this volume but still five stars.
Jade
Chivitouille
De los mejores momentos de este tomo son sin duda cuando L y Light se conocen y cuando cada uno empieza a hacer sus jugadas para irse midiendo. Cada uno de esos momentos son increíbles.
Los dos son personajes muy geniales y aunque Light pudiese tener algunos puntos de ventaja es increíble la manera en que L en ningún momento deja que él tome distancia y tome la ventaja. Cuando parece que las cosas están a favor de alguien, el otro hace su jugada y vuelven a quedar a la par. Sin duda este estira y
Lady
I think it's pretty safe to conclude that the main character -- anti-hero protagonist Light Yagami -- is an absolute arsehole. Whether I should like Light or not no longer appears to be ambiguous and it has become quite clear that Light is the true villain of his own story. I am passionately hoping he gets his comeuppance. He is an arrogant, selfish, pompous, sexist womanising bastard. Any noble purpose he might have had when he first laid hands on the Death Note have now evaporated as he desper ...more
María Florencia
Death Note: grandes momentos con Light, L, Naomi Misora y Misa. Habrá que empezar el tercero... :)
Emilia
I thought things were ''going down'' in the first two volumes. But I never knew that in this book (volumes 3&4) things could get any more serious than they already were. And the cliffhanger at the end of volume 4 is a killer, Tsugumi Ohba - why do you do this? WHY!?
Séverine
La suite du premier tome est tout simplement magnifique. Beaucoup plus poussée, beaucoup plus complexe, Light et L s'affrontent en fin face à face : ce que nous attendions tous. En effet, notre Kira réussi les examens d'entrée pour rentrer dans la prestigieuse université de Tôô, et comme ses bons résultats l'ont menés premier, il se retrouve à faire le discours de rentrée, aux côtés d'un jeune homme à l'allure surprenante. C'est en finissant ce discours que ce dernier s'approche de Light pour lu ...more
Clay Haase
Review brought by Geekly Review

Death Note is without a doubt one of those mangas that practically everyone has at least heard about. No wonder too, the story is interesting and attention-catching. The plot is centered on Light Yagami, who finds a notebook with which he can kill people by writing their names on it, and the police investigation that attempts to put an end to his criminal killing and bring him to justice. It is deep, interesting, with a well-developed plot, and absolutely memorab
Ellie (ellieereads)
I NEED TO KNOW MORE, WHAT IS LIGHT UP TO??
Jessie
The plot of Death Note never ceases to impress me. The mixture of crime, psychological battles of wits, and supernatural themes creates this gloriously complex plot line that captures my mind and never lets go. Even though I know what's going to happen next (I watched the anime; I love the manga ten million times better), I'm still thrilled by each move L and Light make.

Misa makes for a great character because she's a bit of a wild card. She's not on Light's level, but she's still semi-intellig
Aubrie
Same gripping tale as the last book, only this time, a second person appears to have the same power that Light has, only this one is deadlier.

Light is in a rush to figure out who this second person is while being under surveillance by L. Unfortunately, the second person ends up finding Light first. I couldn't figure out whether this new person was smarter or stupider than Light, but their actions are causing Light a great deal of stress because L could figure him out at any moment. So Light not
Hadlai
Goshdangit, I was so determined to finish before Maggie. Ah well, I procrastinated. For 3 months.
Every time I crack open a volume of Death Note, it blows my mind. I'm pretty sure it'll always be in my Top 10 manga.
Gee
This series is amazing, I love how intense it is! Definitely recommend(also my first manga/anime series, and its definitely a good place to start!)
Kirsty
This isn't a 5 star like the first one as it didn't have the same impact.

I am still enjoying the story and character progression and there were a couple of twists that I really loved but there were a couple of things that annoyed me a little. The illustrations were flawless and brilliant. Ryuk is still my favorite character but there wasn't enough of him in this one.

Looking forward to seeing where this is going and can't wait to continue with the series I might not leave it as long as I did betw
Josef Hare
The only reason I can't give this a full five stars is because there is a bit of a narrative lag near the beginning of this volume. When a certain person goes to a certain place with another certain person (spoiler-free reviews are hard) there's a lot of sitting down and talking for quite a few chapters. It's nothing to be ashamed of, Death Note! Every good story needs to slow down and get a heap of information out of the way sometimes, and the constant battle of wits between L and Light is alwa ...more
Seit ich Death Note begonnen habe, habe ich meine Liebe für Mangas, Comics, Graphic Novels und ähnliches entdecket. Ich will unbedingt mehr und will mir eigentlich ständig neue Graphic Novels kaufen. Diese Art von Lesen macht mir einfach wirklich Spaß.
Die Story von Death Note hat mich außerdem wirklich von Anfang an begeistert.
Es geht um Macht, Genie, Geschicklichkeit, und vor allem geht es darum dem Gegner immer einen Schritt voraus zu sein. Light ist ein Jugendlicher, der ein Death Note besitz
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Next in the series.

The Black Edition of Death Note are omnibus reprints which collect two volumes together. Black Edition, Vol. 2 here contains Volumes 3 and 4 of the original series. From the outside the books are completely black including the fore edges.

What a ride this manga is! What I love about it so much is the detection part of the plot. The way that "L", the mastermind detective is matching wits with the serial killer Kira, who of course only wants to make the world
Amber Harrison
I enjoyed this book. The artwork and the story were both great. I haven’t looked at the other editions of this series but with the black editions, I do like the coloured pages.

All-in-all it’s a good old morality tale with a good dose of transgression and playing god. Light sets out to rid the world of crime, to make it a better place, but to do so, becomes a criminal himself, becoming what he is trying to rid the world of. At first it’s only criminals that he kills but he starts killing innoce
Kholsu
Having watched the anime before the manga, i wouldn’t have thought i’d be this drawn to the manga as i am, this volume couldn’t be more action packed then what’s been drawn and written on those first 193 pages, the whole encounter, sends both thrills and shivers up my entire body! Its totally amazing!

Oh bonus for me; as tennis being my all time favourite sport, this intense match really takes the sport to a whole new dimension lol, you just have to love it. I have found myself to think pretty s
Greg
To avoid mentioning spoilers, the only thing I’ll say about the plot is that this volume of Death note has some interesting and clever twists that will keep you reading to the last page! Indeed, as far as plots go, this is the most complex I’ve seen in a graphic novel to date. My only concern is that a surgeon whom I spoke with recently commented that, although he’d only seen the animé version of Death note, he thought that the first half of the series was excellent but that the second half was ...more
J.
The noose around Light gets tighter. The duel between Kira and "L" intensifies to the max when Light is asked to join the team investigating Kira: a ploy of "L" to keep a very close watch on Light, and discover clues that might lead to evidence against him by observing Light's reactions to the evidence and discoveries of the case.

Things intensify when a 2nd person with a Death Note makes an appearance and seeks to join forces with Kira. Kira 2 turns out to be a girl with a youthful crush on the
Mary
Still intriguing. I like how twisted L and Light's thoughts are as they try to outwit each other. It will be especially interesting as (view spoiler)

I have two developing issues, though: 1) how Misa is drawn, with so much emphasis on her sexualit
Brian Biswell
Still no character development, but the cast grows when a new Kira appears and with her... a new shinigami! Things are getting trickier and the ways for Light to mess up are becoming more numerous.

Will Kira and L take their battle of wits and strategy into the light? Or do the shadows continue to be a better house? In a world of black and white the areas of grey are growing. Right and wrong might not be so simple anymore.
Sara
Aug 25, 2015 Sara rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, Japan lovers
A pesar de que hace mucho que leí el 1er tomo, me resultó fácil recuperar el hilo de la historia.
Como no soy una experta en manga, no tengo mucho que opinar. De hecho, este es el 2º libro manga que leo (después del primer tomo). Lo único que tengo que decir es que la historia me está gustando mucho (ya había empezado el anime, aunque no lo terminé) y que los dibujos, en mi opinión, son magníficos a la vez que tétricos.
Espero conseguir el 3er tomo.
Jessie Moses
thoughts later... i'm too tired to write a full review

overall => I don't appreciate Misa, L is always TOO spot on, Ryuk's skills are diminishing, humans are more evil than gods of death, I'm kinda having a crush on L (i agree with kiyoko - i prefer the guy on the right too), what's Raito/ Light thinking?

which character in death note would i rather be => i'd choose ryuk
( U? )
Rheannon
The plot is still holding up, though I didn't like these volumes as much as I liked the first two. While the addition of Mina's character was interesting, I felt she was more an annoying, minor problem in the battle between Light and L. Great cliffhanger set up at the end, but I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Mina and that sort of bothers me.
Readingcat
I devoured this manga! I thought this book was crazy good but each chapter brought even more amazingness and intrigue. As I love detective things, seeing how they try to solve and know who Kira is at the same time more deaths and situations took place it was just fabulous.
That end left me with my mouth open. WHAT IS HE DOING?? I want the other volumes ASAP
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 7
  • Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion 3-in-1 Edition, Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • Death Note: L, Change the World
  • Death Note: Another Note
  • Blood-C, Vol. 01 (Blood-C, #1)
  • Corpse Party: Blood Covered Vol. 1
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール [Toukyou Kushu] 3 (Tokyo Ghoul, #3)
  • Another [アナザー] 2nd period
  • One Piece: East Blue 1-2-3, Vol. 1 (One Piece: Omnibus, #1)
  • Another Omnibus
  • Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 1 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • 黒執事 [Kuroshitsuji] XIII (Black Butler, #13)
  • The Sandman Omnibus, Vol. 2
1978
Tsugumi Ohba (大場 つぐみ Ōba Tsugumi?, born in Tokyo, Japan) is a writer best known for the manga Death Note. His real identity is a closely guarded secret. As stated by the profile placed at the beginning of each Death Note manga, Ohba collects teacups and develops manga plots while holding his knees on a chair, similar to a habit of L, one of the main characters of the series.

There is speculation th
More about Tsugumi Ohba...

Death Note: Black Edition (6 books)
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Volume 1 (Death Note: Black Edition, #1)
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Volume 3 (Death Note: Black Edition #3)
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Volume 4 (Death Note: Black Edition #4)
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Volume 5 (Death Note: Black Edition #5)
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Volume 6 (Death Note: Black Edition #6)
Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1) Death Note, Vol. 2: Confluence (Death Note, #2) Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3) Death Note, Vol. 4: Love (Death Note, #4) Death Note, Vol. 5: Whiteout (Death Note, #5)