Start by marking “Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 2

Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 2 (Death Note: Black Edition #2)

4.51  ·  Rating Details ·  2,434 Ratings  ·  174 Reviews
Intégrale regroupant les tomes 3 et 4

Tome 3 :

La résidence de Light est placée sous surveillance vidéo. L et Light se livrent un duel silencieux relayé par les caméras cachées dans la maison du jeune homme. Grâce à un habile stratagème, Light parvient à établir la preuve de son innocence. Cela n'empêche pas L d'avoir des soupçons de plus en plus forts et de passer à l'actio
Published 2009 by Tokyopop (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Death Note, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Note

Smile by Raina TelgemeierThe Arrival by Shaun TanDrama by Raina TelgemeierAnya's Ghost by Vera BrosgolThe Walking Dead, Book One by Robert Kirkman
Amarillo Common Collection for High School
12th out of 16 books — 2 voters
Attack on Titan, Volume 02 by Hajime IsayamaAttack on Titan, Volume 01 by Hajime IsayamaBlue Exorcist, Vol. 1 by Kazue KatoAttack on Titan, Volume 03 by Hajime IsayamaBlue exorcist, Tome 2 by Kazue Kato
26th out of 34 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Apr 22, 2015 Catriona (LittleBookOwl) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
4.5/5 stars!
Things are getting insane, and I LOVE IT! I have no clue where this story is going to go, and I can't wait to see where it takes me :)
Raeleen Lemay
Oct 09, 2015 Raeleen Lemay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, graphicomanga

I liked this one a BIT less than the first one, but I still loved it. On to the next volume!
Mohammed Arabey
Aug 26, 2016 Mohammed Arabey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"كيرا شيطان..لاجدال في ذلك..ولكني مؤخرا بدأت أري بوضوح أن الشيطان الحقيقي هو القدرة علي قتل البشر.. الشخص الذي يمتلك تلك القدرة هو ملعونا بها
مهما استخدمها هذا الشخص لا يمكن بقتل البشر تحقيق اي سعادة حقيقية"

لايت، صديقنا الذي وقعت تحت يديه مفكرة الموت سيسمع تلك الجملة من اقرب الناس لديه
لقد حذره ملك الموت 'الشيجامي' المرافق له أن من يرافقه شيجامي هو شخص سيئ الحظ من قبل
وهذا الجزء هو الأكثر في سوء الحظ للايت ياجامي

حتي وإن ظهرت له حبيبة

أعتقد ان السبب الحقيقي لنجاح تلك السلسلة بهذا الشكل هو كمية الإث
Jun 16, 2016 Giovanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Final rating: 3.5/3.75 stars

I think I liked it less than volume 1. I mean, Light and L's rivarly is really pure gold, but this one has some flaws.

First: it's sexist. Yes, even volume 1 was, but in this case we reached whole new levels. In my review of Vol.1 - which contains the first 2 volumes actually - I complained because there wasn't a good female character. Nor an important one. Well, it seems like my wish was answered and destroyed at the same time. Misa is the silliest character ever. All
Sonja - Intellectual Badass
.5 / 5
"I've never once considered finding that notebook and gaining this power a misfortune. In fact, it's made me happier than I've ever been. And I'm going to create a perfect world."
Death Note is a rollercoaster ride. Seeing as the foundations for the story's world had already been made in the first volume, in the second volume many complex details and properties of the Death Note and the Shinigami are brought to light (there's a very intentional pun in here :p).

Death Note: Black Edition,
Nerdish Mum
Dec 18, 2015 Nerdish Mum rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I love these books and this story. The logic gets more and more twisted and convoluted but I just think its so funny. These two "boys" (Light and L) making things more and more complicated for no other reason than their own weird logic. Things certainly get moving a lot more in this volume and again the anime has pretty much followed word for word, which I think is great. I look forward to continuing with the series.
Sep 08, 2013 Jocelyne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
September 2013: 5 Stars
The plot thickens! Although the introduction of a new villain is an old trick in the manga world, Misa is so different a villain that we can't help but wonder about her. And her relationship with Rem is bizarrely intimate compared to the bond between Light and Ryuk.
Is it bad that I found Light's manipulation of Misa... kind of cool? I know! I know! It's a horrible thing to do to a girl, but it's so true to his character, that I couldn't help but admire it.
That's one thing
Ashrakat Deyab

Also this part hurt a little.

It's not your fault your first friend is a manipulative murdering asshole babe. Hold on there.
These are just so amazing. They keep getting better and better!!

Around The Year in 52 Books Challenge #2 - A book set in a different continent
Sep 29, 2015 Gav451 rated it really liked it
This series just gets better and better. Still wonderfully drawn (even if it does play on the quirkiness of L a little too much for my liking) and still with a plot which is far more ethereal and intricate than you would anticipate. There is very little action in here but lots and lots of exposition and even more micro manoeuvring with detailed consideration of the most minor comments and actions.

It shouldn't work, especially not in comic form, and yet it does. The twists and turns are great and
Sep 07, 2016 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Wow! This one was crazy! It was so much more intense than the first book. I found it unusual just how easily Kira lost his calm and control when Pembro's fiancé came into the picture and was close to exposing him. It shows just how obsessed he has become with killing.
Jan 25, 2015 Lamar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The plot just keeps getting thicker and thicker, I love it.
I'm absolutely on Light's side, I just love how he's so determined and undaunted. And I sure hope that's not the end of Misa, I mean she's stupid but bright enough.
Things lulled for a bit in this volume but still five stars.
Mar 28, 2015 Jade rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, horror-books
Teya Agnese
Jun 27, 2016 Teya Agnese rated it it was amazing
There's no doubt about it, this book was just as good as the first one! I just couldn't stop reading it! Whenever I had to stop I just wanted to pick it up again - so exited to find out what's going to happen next...
The new character, Misa is such a great little character :)
3.5 out of 5
The story is as good as in the previous volume, but the sexist portrayal of female characters bothered me a little.
Yousra Serry
Sep 01, 2016 Yousra Serry rated it really liked it
Someone at work spoiled the ending for me... howwwevvver, SHIT JUST GOT REAL AND IM ENJOYING IT ANYWAYYYY!
Aug 25, 2016 Ingrid rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars
Love and recommend this so much!
Jun 21, 2016 Marianthi rated it liked it
The story is really good but this volume let me down. Hard.

You have no idea how much I wanted to give this 5 stars. This was a lot more interesting than the first volume and kept me a lot more interested, however, I had a huge issue with the main female character in this one.
Misa (the main female character) literally said "use me". She was there only to promote Kira's/Light's storyline and nothing more. She was portrayed as this stupid little girl who makes all these mistakes and all she cares
Jul 29, 2014 Chivitouille rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga, 2014
De los mejores momentos de este tomo son sin duda cuando L y Light se conocen y cuando cada uno empieza a hacer sus jugadas para irse midiendo. Cada uno de esos momentos son increíbles.
Los dos son personajes muy geniales y aunque Light pudiese tener algunos puntos de ventaja es increíble la manera en que L en ningún momento deja que él tome distancia y tome la ventaja. Cuando parece que las cosas están a favor de alguien, el otro hace su jugada y vuelven a quedar a la par. Sin duda este estira y
S.E. Berrow
I think it's pretty safe to conclude that the main character -- anti-hero protagonist Light Yagami -- is an absolute arsehole. Whether I should like Light or not no longer appears to be ambiguous and it has become quite clear that Light is the true villain of his own story. I am passionately hoping he gets his comeuppance. He is an arrogant, selfish, pompous, sexist womanising bastard. Any noble purpose he might have had when he first laid hands on the Death Note have now evaporated as he desper ...more
Aug 04, 2016 DimitraDmr rated it it was amazing
As the story continues, we get deeper into the mastermind hiding behind Light/Kira.
Things get crazy and so complicated that nothing can be predicted.

Whoever thought of this story, is a genius himself. I mean, it's so well written and so greatly put together that it seems like you're really into the story.

I know the ending, but still, i get that heartache for both Kira and L. The illustrations, even black and white, are so cool!

Jun 21, 2015 Emilia rated it it was amazing
I thought things were ''going down'' in the first two volumes. But I never knew that in this book (volumes 3&4) things could get any more serious than they already were. And the cliffhanger at the end of volume 4 is a killer, Tsugumi Ohba - why do you do this? WHY!?
Jan 23, 2016 Hadlai rated it it was amazing
Goshdangit, I was so determined to finish before Maggie. Ah well, I procrastinated. For 3 months.
Every time I crack open a volume of Death Note, it blows my mind. I'm pretty sure it'll always be in my Top 10 manga.
Ellie (ellieereads)
Jul 08, 2015 Ellie (ellieereads) rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016 Florence rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*
This is the last volume that I am rereading. So I am really excited to read the next volumes and find out what happens!
Mar 02, 2015 Georgia rated it it was amazing
This series is amazing, I love how intense it is! Definitely recommend(also my first manga/anime series, and its definitely a good place to start!)
Book Kitty
Sep 01, 2015 Book Kitty rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this series. I've watched most of the anime, but I have almost caught up with the manga, maybe I'll watch and read at the same time soon.
Jan 07, 2016 Tyler rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Man oh man. The twists and turns in this book are NUTS. This is something else.
Eva Domínguez
Aug 11, 2016 Eva Domínguez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enrevesado a más no poder. ¿Qué pasará ahora?
Sep 01, 2016 cassie rated it really liked it

i really enjoyed this one but the middle was a little boring lol
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 6
  • Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: 3-in-1 Edition, Vol. 1
  • Naruto (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes Vols. 1, 2 & 3 (Naruto: Omnibus, #1)
  • コープスパーティー BloodCovered 1 [Corpse Party - Blood Covered 1]
  • Death Note: Another Note - The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases
  • Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 1 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • Death Note: L, Change the World
  • Another: 0
  • Blood-C, Vol. 01 (Blood-C, #1)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 4 (Library Wars: Love &  War, #4)
  • The Garden of Words
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 28 (The Wallflower, #28)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 12 (Black Butler, #12)
Tsugumi Ōba (大場 つぐみ Ōba Tsugumi?, born in Tokyo, Japan) is a writer best known for the manga Death Note. His/her real identity is a closely guarded secret. As stated by the profile placed at the beginning of each Death Note manga, Ōba collects teacups and develops manga plots while holding his knees on a chair, similar to a habit of L, one of the main characters of the series.

There is speculation
More about Tsugumi Ohba...

Death Note: Black Edition (6 books)
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 1