Start by marking “Fires Of Ballian (The Draegan Lords, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fires Of Ballian (The Draegan Lords, #3)

Fires Of Ballian (The Draegan Lords #3)

A hundred years ago, the high sorcerer of Velensperia launched a swift and deadly attack against the draegans—a race of dragon shapeshifters who’d always lived in harmony with the humans. The draegans were all but destroyed, with the few who remained, scattered and in hiding. But after a century of cruel repression, a group of them have united and begun to fight back. Thei ...more
Published January 24th 2010 by Amber Quill Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Fires Of Ballian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fires Of Ballian

Bookwatcher
Such ssssssaaaaaaaaaddddd start...

to a magnificent book!

Ok, now it the time to see more of Gaige
So, in this third statement the spotlight will be on Gaige. Without spoiling the previous books I can tell only that I loved all the hard and terrible path Gaige start to follow, to discover himself, and to get the power to find his beloved.

I loved also all the secondary characters much more active, helping Gaige. I learn more from the shifter, and unfortunately also more about the great evil, the
Jacq
Jan 27, 2016 Jacq rated it did not like it
FEB 1, 2010 nice read. Smooth intertwined romance. With nice twist and turns. Unfortunately a cliff hanger. Oh and not a little one, this writer takes you down head first...AND THE DAMN PARACHUTE WON'T OPEN!

Re analyzed~Due to sequel, wait time JAN 2016 (not out yet) 1 Damn Star-this writer is damn unrealistic/unreliable !
years years years OMG - SO DONE WITH WRITER!

Peace out!
C
Sep 16, 2011 C rated it liked it
Dropping to 3 stars due to the unfinished nature of this series, a lack of closure on the story has impacted my opinion for all 3 books, I will never re-read them since I know they're unfinished. A warning to all who would start this series, we've been waiting for book 4 for 3 years. I'm giving up hope and removing book 4 from my want to read pile. Very, VERY frustrating.
Dee Wy
Mar 18, 2011 Dee Wy rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. I'm a sucker for a sweet romance and an action/adventure plot. Love this series. #4 soon please?
Caroline Brand
Book 4 hasn't been released yet....oh trauma!
MsMiz (Tina)
Nov 20, 2010 MsMiz (Tina) rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt-all, kindle-mobi
3.5 - I have hesitated for a long time to read Fires of Ballian (book #3) as I knew it would be a long time before we got the actual conclusion. With that said, it fell perfectly in with my Bingo challenge and decided to pick it up. I also missed Gaige and Keiran.

I am not sure how much I want to say for fear of spoiling. The opening pages were so powerful. Gaige was dreaming of a special time with Keiran and really, it was so present that I was actually shocked when it was all a dream. I had fo
Melanie~~
Oct 23, 2011 Melanie~~ rated it it was amazing
Not nearly the life and death cliffie that book two left us with, but there is definitely more story.

I am so thrilled and relieved that I didn't find these books until now. if I had to wait another year or two to get Circle of Ariend I might go just a bit crazier than I already am. I'm hopeful that Circle (which Ms. Rhoades has said is the last in this series) will com out before the end of the year. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find a corroborating date. So, I wait along with all the o
Wren
Jan 29, 2010 Wren rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, fantasy
There was almost non-stop action here. This is a wonderful series, the world-building is quite good. I think I liked this less than the first two books, probably because Gaige and Keiran aren't together much. I'm looking forward to book 4.
Kris
Jan 25, 2010 Kris rated it really liked it
Bring on whenever the hell spring/summer is up there, I say! I can't wait for the final installment in this fantastic m/m fantasy series. *g*
Crissy Morris

Originally reviewed for Joyfully Jay

After Moh’dredion takes his mate Kieran, Gaige vows to find him even when those around him are certain that Kieran is dead. In the meantime, Gaige takes up the position of Draegan Lord – protecting his people and continuing the stand against High Sorcerer Byram. One of his first decisions as leader is to rescue Jax, the one draegan who hates everything about Gaige, from Byram’s dungeons. After weeks of delays, he and his guards are finally able to beg
Ami
Mar 13, 2011 Ami rated it really liked it
With Keiran being kidnapped by Death - Gaige is left to take care of the draegans and humans under his command. With the escalating threat from Byram, the high sorcerers, Gaige tries to find a way to protect his people as well as saving his mate.

Gosh, this series is just getting better and better. I read this in one sitting, cannot escape from the amazing plot smartly written by Ms. Rhodes. This story is mainly taken from Gaige's point of view, since he is now The Lord for the draegans and human
Tam
Apr 09, 2011 Tam rated it really liked it
When last we left Gaige, Kieran and the Draegans (Do I sound like one of those hosts of the serial TV shows from the 50's?), Keiran had just been captured by Death and Gaige was freaking and doing his best as the remaining leader to move the Draegans and humans to a safe place while trying to get Keiran back. While rescuing Jax, who tried to kill them a bit ago, from the evil sorcerer, Gaige comes into his own powers and with the help of his Grandmother is able to determine Keiran's location and ...more
Aislinn
Jan 29, 2015 Aislinn rated it liked it
This chapter in the series was frustratingly short. The fantasy aspects were interesting, and I would have liked to see them play out with a bit more development, but the fact that the lovers were separated actually shifted the focus more to the fantasy and a bit less to the romance, which I appreciated. The book had better closure than the last, with its own climax, but it's dismaying to see that it's been four years since this came out, and the next one in the series has been put off by two si ...more
Nicci
Jun 14, 2010 Nicci rated it liked it
Fires of Ballian continues the saga of Gaige and Feiran with interesting twists. Gaige struggles with accepting the news of his birth and familial history. He also cannot envision his place besides Keiran, his mate, and as one of the Draegan Lords.

The author maintains the continuity from previous books in the series, focusing on developing the character, Gaige Rizik, who learns more about his heritage. The information is good. He’s more than just the former captain of Byram’s High Guard. Yet, Ga
Lily
3.5 out of 5

Book three in the fantasy series Draegan Lords is intense and action packed from beginning to end. In this story Keiran, the draegan leader, has been taken by a demon and Gaige, Keiran's mate, is left to lead and protect their people while at the same time trying desperately to find and rescue Keiran.

Just like the previous two books this story is well written, the world building is good and the characters, from the main protagonists on down, are interesting and well developed. There
Yuu Sasih
Opened with a bittersweet scene, Gaige recollection of his time with Keiran before he kidnapped kinda broke my heart. This time around, it's more Gaige spot-on. Keiran didn't take much part in this, and even we rarely hear his thought like the prequels, but we got a bunch of Gaige. It's kind like watching Gaige grew, despite his age that maybe impossible to any kind of grow beside mental growth. But it's fun to read. I was kinda dissapointed with the resolution of Keiran's case. I need more of t ...more
Tj
Dec 05, 2010 Tj rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
This is the third book in The Draegan Lords series. We don't see much of Keiran in this one. In this book the story is on Gaige and his continued growth as a Draegan Lord. He has a lot of confidence and belief to gain. As Gaige grows Keiran is in a dream world suffering. Gaige must have confidence in himself, his people, and his love in order to save Keiran from Death. The characters grow and we see more and more of the other characters and how they are developing here. The interaction of all th ...more
Mara Ismine
Jan 16, 2010 Mara Ismine rated it really liked it
I wish I'd discovered this series once it was complete! I get very impatient waiting for the next installment and then lose interest. It has taken me over a year to get around to reading this.

I thought this was the conclusion to the series, but there is at least one more "Circle of Ariend" which was coming soon when "Fires of Ballian" was published last January. I can't find any mention of it here or at Amber Allure.

In this part Gaige gets Keiran back, eventually, and the Draegans are slowly gat
Vlerë Krasniqi
Jan 09, 2014 Vlerë Krasniqi rated it liked it
I really like The Draegan Lords series . It was a nice book I guess. However , I definitely liked the first two books more. It is just that the problem here is solved so quickly it is not even .... I mean we were very anxious to see what would happen after the first book ended with (view spoiler) and all . It was such a big deal and everything and here it was solved with a day or so of brainstorming and another day or two to tie knots. Overall the book was a ...more
Andrea
Jan 26, 2014 Andrea rated it liked it
This book was first released in 2010 and a sequel isn't in sight. A little venting here: I understand that authors have creative minds and that writing is an art, not a science. If they don't feel it, they can't write it. However, I also understand that, if a series is going to be written, there should be either a resolution at the end of each book or all books should be written and scheduled before the first one is released. I love this author's writing but wish I had never started this series.
Danielle
Oct 14, 2013 Danielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, shifters, 2015
The only reason I delayed in reading this one so long is because I found out that there wasn't really anything after this one. Disappointed I just put it off, but I guess some things you can't let stand forever.

I love this world, the characters, and the plot is intriguing. My only wish is that it was longer. Oh, and that there was a next book to read that wasn't the current fillers. Though I completely understand I need to read the other books in order for the next to make sense.

Sigh, more wai
Fangtasia
Aug 25, 2011 Fangtasia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this installment of the "Lords of Draegan" series, we see the character arc for Gaige develop exponentially. There is, as always, incredible depth and intensity of feeling between the MCs. The plot starts to unravel and the reader can intuit some of what is coming next.

Cannot wait for Circle of Ariend, the next in the series.
Carina Newworld
Feb 27, 2014 Carina Newworld rated it liked it
This book was very nice and I really enjoyed it.

(view spoiler)

Slowly the characters are growing to my heart and thats what I liked most about reading that novel.

Chris Artiss
Apr 27, 2015 Chris Artiss rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-again
Brilliant, just brilliant.

Fantastic writing and everything I expected to be in the 3rd book of what I thought was a trilogy. Then I get to the end to see there will be a 4th. However, people are saying they've waited 3 years for it so it won't appear.

Well, I for one, won't give up on hoping we haven't seen the last of Kieran, Gaige and the other draegans, humans and elves.

Even without the 4th book, this is a series I will read again, if only for the wonderful sex.
Meggie
Mar 04, 2013 Meggie rated it really liked it
And now, that I re-read this third part in The Draegan Lords series, I really wish I had my hands on the next part. Damn, there is only one solution atm, to be patient and wait, like all others. This third storyline was a bit passive at the beginning and really sad. I'm glad Gaige saved Keiran. Or they saved each other. This whole series is an amazing piece of work and I'm glad I took the time to re-read them all. I'm sure it wasn't my last time, too!
Riva
May 14, 2013 Riva rated it liked it
I was really disappointed in this book. IMO it seemed like the author just threw the plot together in the last 20 pages and it was lame. I really enjoyed the series until this point and the fact that the author has left this cliffhanger ending for a few years apparently does not bode well for me continuing to the next book. Too bad, it had a lot of potential.
Wyndslash
I'm just wondering why no more mention was made of Gaige's father on Byram's part in this book. I get that he's a mean-assed sorcerer and all that, but in the last book it was implied that he felt more for him than as a usual subject. I would have thought that a mention of how he felt about his lover's death would have been nice and closed that plot line.
G.Cliffe
This book felt like a 'filler' book...mostly reviewed the first two books and the actual plot/action could have been summed up in half a chapter...but they dragged that out as well. It wasn't awful, just a waste of time. So, I believe there's a fourth book....hopefully, they actually continue the story in that one.
Mar 12, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
This series is really amping up. I'm absolutely loving the plot and where this series is going. And we get to see a little more of the side characters too (What a cute couple Wen and Wesley are turning out to be!). Can't wait for the next one!
Monica Vidal
Apr 04, 2013 Monica Vidal rated it it was amazing
Loved the whole series. As in LOVED it! Too bad I read it in like 2 days and all of the sudden it was over. Keiran & Gaige' story is full of tenderness, bravery, sacrifice and OMG so much love that it was painful to read it. But I can't FREAKING WAIT the next book.
  • The Bonding (Gaven, #2)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • The Dragon's Tamer
  • Mariner's Luck (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #2)
  • By Chance Met (Chronicles of Ylandre, #3)
  • Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2)
  • Honored Vow (Change of Heart, #3)
  • Dragon Slayer (The Empty Crown #1)
  • The Recalling of John Arrowsmith (A Strange Place in Time, #1)
I'm an opinionated chick with a decent sense of humor and a vocabulary that's way too smutty for someone who grew up as a "good" girl. I write books for a living...more specifically, gay male romance stories. I'm passionate about gay romance! I love sweet, steamy, emotional stories about gay men meeting, falling in love, and finding happily-ever-afters. I love to read them and I love to write them ...more
More about M.L. Rhodes...

The Draegan Lords (6 books)
  • True of Heart (The Draegan Lords Book 1)
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords, #2)
  • An Unexpected Magick (The Draegan Lords, #2.5)
  • Dark Magick Rising (The Draegan Lords, #2.6)
  • Circle of Ariend (The Draegan Lords, #4)