Start by marking “Warten auf Godot, En attendant Godot, Waiting for Godot (Dreisprachige Ausgabe)” as Want to Read:
Warten auf Godot, En attendant Godot, Waiting for Godot (Dreisprachige Ausgabe)

Warten auf Godot, En attendant Godot, Waiting for Godot (Dreisprachige Ausgabe)

3.81  ·  Rating Details ·  100,171 Ratings  ·  3,284 Reviews
Ein Autor (Samuel Beckett). Ein Drama (Warten auf Godot). Zwei Akte.
Zweimal zwei Personen: Wladimir (Didi) und Estragon (Gogo), Pozzo und Lucky (Herr und Sklave) sowie ein Junge.
Landstraße. Ein Baum. Abend.
Man wartet. Auf Godot. Ganze zwei Akte lang. Doch Godot kommt nicht.

Es passiert nichts. Nichts von Belang. Man wartet und langweilt sich. Man tauscht Banalitäten aus

Published September 29th 1971 by Suhrkamp Verlag (first published 1952)

Sofijat
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Manny
ACT III

VLADIMIR: They've called us back.

ESTRAGON: For an encore?

VLADIMIR: No, we're supposed to say what it means.

[A pause]

ESTRAGON: What what means?

VLADIMIR: This play! We have to explain it.

ESTRAGON: And then?

VLADIMIR: [discouraged] I don't know. Maybe Godot will arrive. But again, maybe he won't. He's not very reliable. [Another pause] Still, we can try.

[They both think deeply]

VLADIMIR: Any ideas yet?

ESTRAGON: My boots don't fit. My feet hurt.

VLADIMIR: [furious] Idiot! This isn't about your
“It is on your shelf.”
“So?”
“You rated it.”
“What does it mean?”
“It means you have read it.”
“Oh I have.”
“So what happened?”
“Nothing happened.”
“Why did nothing happen?”
“Because they were waiting for Godot.”

Waiting and nothing – I could take these two words and use them in as many combinations as the rules of probabili
C C
Jun 20, 2016 C C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Matthew Pilarski: My Goodreads Hero!!!!
I read this book while hang-gliding over the coast of Liechtenstein. It was difficult to grip the jacket of the book, not only because I was airborne, but because the night before I was in Moscow having vodka and gasoline with Luis San Baptista Rodolfo Sr., a ex-foot soldier for the Revolutionary FALN, and my head was POUNDING! I told Luis over a dinner (red cabbage over braised Skeletor Dolls) I had never seen the last episode of Family Ties, and he instantly grew furious, and cried out, "Matus ...more
Paul Bryant
Oct 01, 2014 Paul Bryant marked it as assorted-rants-about-stuff  ·  review of another edition
Review revived again to mark the three month anniversary of the Top Lists being frozen....

***

As you know, the votes we strive for and crawl across barbed wire for and win oh so slowly and painfully are the only way we reviewers can tell we're still alive. We need the hit that only weekly Top Lists can give us. And yes, you could describe the inexplicable absence of up to date Top Reviewer and Best Review Lists as a "first world problem" if you were being really mean, but still, reviewers are pe
Bookworm Sean
Jul 04, 2016 Bookworm Sean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: plays, 4-star-reads
Who wants to see a play in which nothing happens? Who wants to see a play in which the characters make little or no sense? Who wants to see a play in which the same senseless nothingness is repeated in the second and only other act? Not me that’s for sure. I honestly don’t think I could sit through a production of this, but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate its artistic merit on the page.

Nothing happens, but that is the beauty of it.

description

A famous theatre reviewer once said “this is a play in wh
Huda Yahya

We are no longer alone, waiting for the night, waiting for Godot, waiting for… waiting.

هنا العدمية تتضافر مع عبثية بكيت

إنه تعزيز أكب
Florencia
Jan 18, 2016 Florencia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: plays, french
A nice homage would be to write nothing.

That is what I wrote this afternoon. Before that, a friend told me to write something. He was so sure that I could. I am never sure about what I can or cannot do. But he thought so. That was nice.

Nothing much happened after that, until another kind friend paid this review a visit and said "to wait". And "if he does not show up tomorrow..." Well, what is to be done then? There are messengers that assured me he would come. I will keep waiting. Contemplating
Jason Koivu
Dec 04, 2013 Jason Koivu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby
Right round round round

Still absurd. Quite ridiculous. Occasionally philosophical. However, since its completion, the comedy of Waiting for Godot has become commonplace. Because the humor could be said to be Three Stooges-esque at times, one could say this play was even behind the times. I say it could be said, not that I say it is.

Does Waiting for Godot deserve all the attention it has received? After all, it seems to state the meaning
Mohamed Al Marzooqi
تقول الكاتبة المسرحية "سارا رول" في كتابها "مائة مقالة لم أكتبها" بأنها أخذت ابنها الصغير يومًا لمشاهدة عرض باليه، وبعد انتهاء العرض سألته عن رأيه، فقال : كان جميلاً ولكنه لم يعجبني!

دفعتها الإجابة للتفكير في ما لو كان البالغين يمتلكون نفس القدرة على هذا التفريق "الحيادي" بين الذوق وبين النقد. إذ جرت العادة، خصوصًا بين نقاد المسرحيات بحسب قولها، أن يحكموا على عمل ما بالسوء فورًا إذا لم يعجبهم أو يرتقي لذائقتهم!

أمّا أنا فقد دفعتني إجابة ابنها للتفكير في كل الأشياء الجميلة التي لا تعجبني:

لوحة المون
Glenn Russell
Dec 01, 2015 Glenn Russell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Waiting for Godot in Antarctica

An audience gathers to preview a screening of a new version of this Samuel Beckett play. The directed striped his rendition down to bare existential black and white by filming in Antarctica and using penguins as actors. The problem of dialogue is solved by the technique of voice-over.

In the first act, two penguins stand on bleak, snow-covered ice. There’s a close up of one penguin. The voice-over says, “Nothing to be done.”

The camera slowly scans to the other peng
Mahdi

من زیاد نمایشنامه نخوندم، ولی این، یکی از بهترین هایی بوده که خوندم.

بکت در این نمایشنامه، بشر را به تصویر میکشد که زندگی اش، در انتظار آرمان هایی که نه می شناسد و نه برای رسید بهشان تلاشی می کند، می پوسد و زنگ می زند. بکت این درونمایه ی تلخ را، در یک طنز آبسورد می گنجاند.

ولادیمیر و استراگون، دو دوستند که هر روز، پای درختی در انتظار گودو می نشینند. گودو، آرمان و آرزوی آن هاست؛ ولی آنان به یاد ندارند که کی و کجا این گودو آرمانشان شده و حتی از او چه می خواهند؟

روزها انتظار، باعث پیر شدنشان می شود.
Ahmed Ibrahim
تعديل: 15-6-2016
المراجعة الأولى: 3-3-2016

" المسألة هي أي شيء نفعل. ومن نعم الله علينا أننا نعرف الإجابة على هذا الموضوع. أجل ففي خضم هذا الاضطراب العظيم لا يتضح إلا شيء واحد فقط.. إننا نبقى هنا في انتظار مجيء جودو. "

هذا الكلام يوضح ما هو الهدف الأول من المسرحية والفكرة التي تدور عليها؛ فجودو لن يأتي، ومعرفتهم عن وجودهم في هذا المكان –في الحياة- خاطئة.
الجميع ينتظر جودو، لكن من جودو؟ مات صمويل بيكيت ولم يعرف أحد لغز مسرحيته العبثية.
لكن هذه الحقبة الزمنية حيث تيار الوجودية، وتأثيرها الكبير وقتها
Kalliope

GODOT (sitting in the Mezzanine) - What if I were to show up on the stage? It would cause quite a stir.

DODO (lady sitting randomly next to Godot) – Oh, no, please don’t … That would be absurd… Who do you think you are?

GODOT – Please....let me…, just for a laugh.

DODO – What are you waiting for then?

Kamran
Nov 02, 2015 Kamran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
معنا باختگی و تئاتر ابزورد : انسانی سرگشته در جهانی بی رحم

هبوط واقعی انسان نه در عدن، بلکه در قرن ما رخ داده است.بعد از انباشت بیش از حد تاریخ،ما معصومیت لازم برای اعتقاد به هرگونه توجیه بیشتر را از دست داده ایم.تنها قطعیاتی که مانده اند،جعلی بودن همه ساختارهای تفسیری و غیرقابل فهم بودن اساسی تجربه انسان بدون حضور این ساختارهاست
اریک لوی/ بکت و ندای انواع

تئاتز ابزورد تصویری آرایش نشده از هستی آدمی در عصری را به تصویر می کشد که با فروپاشی ارزش های انسانی و سلب امکان تعامل و مراوده میان آدمیان، پو
Franco  Santos
Jun 20, 2016 Franco Santos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"VLADIMIR: Es difícil convivir contigo, Gogo.
ESTRAGON: Sería mejor que nos separáramos.
VLADIMIR: Siempre dices lo mismo. Y siempre vuelves".

4.5

Jamás hubiera pensado que una obra de teatro me iba a gustar tanto. Los textos dramáticos generalmente no los entiendo, o me marean, o me resultan un incordio. Pero Esperando a Godot es la excepción a todo. Monumental obra de Samuel Beckett, que se merece mi completo respeto.

Me atrevo a decir que Esperando a Godot es la obra que mejor expresa la existenci
Rakhi Dalal
Jul 14, 2015 Rakhi Dalal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, beckett
Faith”, she said. “You must have faith in something. It is necessary.”

These are the exact words as said to me by a colleague a few days back. Faith. I smiled. I knew I couldn't go ahead and say anything which might upset her. I had seen that urgency in her eyes, with which she seemed to be guarding her words. Watching, lest, she might encounter something unpleasant.

By ‘Faith’ she definitely did mean God.

The conversation brought to my mind the question I have kept asking myself. It has been a se
Jonathan

It seems that in some ways we are all 'waiting for Godot', at least this is the theme that appears to come through Samuel Beckett's classic and acclaimed two act play. Part of the genius of this play is the fact that it was written as an apparent diversion from the prose Beckett had been writing at the time. To be able to sit down and write a play hailed as the greatest of the 20th Century while working on a longer volume is an act of legendary proportions.

The play itself is both minimalist and
Sean
Mar 29, 2008 Sean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who really love theatre (or work at LottaBurger)
Definitely not for everybody but by God (if he shows up) it's brilliant. But I wouldn't blame anyone for disagreeing with me. Still it's more accessible than you might think -- a student who studied this play with me in one of my university classes had the assignment of memorizing the quite surrealistic Lucky and Potzo monologue. Problem was she was a single mother and between that and her manager's job at the local Lotta-Burger she didn't have much time for home study. Her solution? She gave a ...more
Inder Suri
Sep 27, 2012 Inder Suri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, e-books, plays
What the fuck did I just read ??

THINK!

Yes, I should. I should think about it more.
I should sit back in silence and contemplate.

WAIT!

I will. Yes, I will.
No, Not for GODOT.
GODOT. Haah funny name. I hope he looks cool.
But can we see him? I don't know. Do you??
Waiting for Godot would be the most foolish thing to do. I think so.
Okay. So What have you been doing all your Life ?
Dont tell me you were Waiting for Godot. Seriously.

Aaah .. I don't know. I am not gonna wait for Godot.

Hmmm..

Uhhhh..

Shoul
Michael Kneeland
As a pretentious senior in high school, I thought I would uber-sheik and take a girl a had a crush on to a play, Waiting for Godot, which I had read in the Comedy, Wit, and Satire English elective that I took the previous year with my favorite high school English teacher, Dr. Stone. How I got the tickets is inconsequential (okay, okay: my dad won them from the radio; my uber-sheik persona just took a big hit), but suffice to say, my crush and I were the youngest members in the crowd. Fortunately ...more
Nikos Tsentemeidis
Feb 28, 2016 Nikos Tsentemeidis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theatre
Το έργο αυτό μπορεί να χαρακτηριστεί σαν παραβολή. Η συμπεριφορά των χαρακτήρων είναι αλλοπρόσαλη έως και αστεία.

Περιμένοντας κάποιον που ποτέ δεν ήρθε. Περιμένοντας άσκοπα για κάτι άγνωστο. Η ματαιότητα της ζωής ή η ομορφιά του να περιμένεις πάντα κάτι; Επιδέχεται πολλών ερμηνειών. Σίγουρα φέρνει κάτι σε Kafka.
Aubrey
ESTRAGON: I tell you I wasn't doing anything.
VLADIMIR: Perhaps you weren't. But it's the way of doing it that counts, the way of doing it, if you want to go on living.
I've no idea how I'd have reviewed this had the Charleston church shooting not occurred. For those not in the US-centric know, a white man drove for two hours to reach one of the oldest black churches in the country, attended the prayer amidst the crowd for a while, and then opened fire on the congregation, killing nine people. O
Tej
Dec 04, 2013 Tej rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ESTRAGON: (aphoristic for once). We are all born mad. Some remain so.

Laconically conjured inimically absurd reflections on the ultimate absurd phenomena – LIFE. Sisyphian rock, our destiny, no matter how many times it rolls over yet it has to be taken to the top, infinitesimally repetitively. Ends to this rope? A loop it is. An invisibly circular loop akin to the very earth we inhabit, round yet flat. A loop, but a rope still and our lot to keeping on climbing it with no end in sight yet hope
Nayra.Hassan
ا"لا شيء يحدث و لا احد يجيء " هذا هو بإختصار فحوى تلك التراجيدية المضحكة!؟
سيظل الإنسان منتظرا للأبد لاي شيء..العدل..الثراء..النصر ..او المختار الذي سيجلب معه السعادة.. اليس هذا هو حال البشر؟؟

احقاقا للحق..ارى ان المسرحيات لابد أن نشاهدها على المسرح فقط..لا لكي نقرأها أو حتى نشاهدها على الشاشات .ولكن لان هذه المسرحية العبثية احتلت المركز الأول بين ما تم كتابته بالإنجليزية في القرن20..قرأتها. .تعجبت قليلا من أسلوبها الغير مألوف. ...سيل من الثرثرة الغير منطقية

ولكني ضبطت نفسي استعمل اسم المسرحية في
Seemita
[Curtains Fall]

Stage: I lived good, within all of you. Heck! You would not even survive a second without me. Why? I even took that wretched boot and that stinky feet on my chest!

Feet: Ha.. Stinky you say! Did you ever eavesdrop into Beckett’s mind when he was scribbling? Ah, I was the one who inspired him. Not some dumbheads as they would like to believe.

Human: Come on, now! Really? Like can someone be so obnoxiously imbecile? No wonder you both have no identity without me. Subtract my dialogu
Fionnuala
Waiting for the review to come.
In the meantime, these lines from Vladimir and Estragon to ponder:

All the dead voices.
They make a sound like wings.
Like leaves.
They rustle.
They murmur.
They rustle.
What do they say?
They talk about their lives.
To have lived is not enough for them.
They have to talk about it.
To be dead is not enough for them.
It is not sufficient.
---------------
They make a n
Yousra

Waiting for Godot

كم كانت دهشتي وانا احمل (تي شيرت) رجالي خاص بزوجي يحمل العبارة السابقة، (تي شيرت) قديم مطبوعا عليه تلك العبارة بأحجام مختلفة... تلك العبارة التي لم افهم ما هي والـ (تي شيرت) مغر جدا لأن استخدمه كقطعة للتنظيف :)

سألته عن الـ (تي شيرت) الغريب ولماذا أحضر مثله للمنزل فأجابني في هيئة سؤال: مش انتي عندك تي شيرت اللجنة المنظمة لنموذج جامعة الأمم المتحدة من أيام الكليه؟؟

قلت له: آه ومحتفظة بيه جديد زي ما هو كتذكار

فرد: ده بقى تذكار من محا
Raeleen Lemay
Apr 23, 2015 Raeleen Lemay rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, classics
well.... that was a strange time. I'm glad I finally read it though!

Lucky's enormous monologue right around the middle of the play was wild and confusing and kind of hilarious. I would love to see that performed.
علی
“We all are born mad. Some remain so."
شهرت جهانی "در انتظار گودو" بیشتر به این خاطر است که در هر مذهب و ایدئولوژی، انسان "در انتظار" چیزی یا کسی ست! واقعیت آن است اما که اگر بیرون از این دایره بایستی و نگاه کنی، "فردا" هم چندان تفاوتی با "امروز" نداشته است. دی دی (ولادیمیر) و گوگو (استراگون) نمادی از انسان اند، در برهوت زندگی، منتظر بهبودی، منتظر "گودو"، منتظر کسی که بیاید و "نان و پپسی را تقسیم کند". اما کسی نیست که بیاید، گیرم ما از جانب او، آمدنش را هر روز به تعویق می اندازیم؛ "فردا" خواهد آم
Riku Sayuj
Oct 16, 2014 Riku Sayuj rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ah, the blindness in the repeat act. It killed me.

btw - Beckett wrote Waiting for Godot in French, not English. Godot does not verbally suggest Dieu.
  • The Bald Soprano and Other Plays
  • The Birthday Party
  • The Balcony
  • The Theatre of the Absurd
  • Three Tragedies: Blood Wedding, Yerma, Bernarda Alba
  • Complete Plays
  • The American Dream & The Zoo Story
  • The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade
  • The Pillowman
  • Travesties
  • Five Plays: Ivanov / The Seagull / Uncle Vanya / The Three Sisters / The Cherry Orchard
  • Accidental Death of an Anarchist
  • No Exit and Three Other Plays
  • Ubu Roi
  • The Threepenny Opera
  • Fool for Love and Other Plays
  • Translations
Samuel Barclay Beckett was an Irish avant-garde novelist, playwright, theatre director, and poet, who lived in France for most of his adult life. He wrote in both English and French. His work offers a bleak, tragicomic outlook on human nature, often coupled with black comedy and gallows humour.

Beckett is widely regarded as among the most influential writers of the 20th century. Strongly influenced
More about Samuel Beckett...

“The tears of the world are a constant quantity. For each one who begins to weep somewhere else another stops. The same is true of the laugh.” 627 likes
“Estragon: We always find something, eh Didi, to give us the impression we exist?

Vladimir: Yes, yes, we're magicians.”
350 likes