Start by marking “Blood Dreams (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #10)” as Want to Read:
Blood Dreams (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #10)

Blood Dreams (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #10)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,373 Ratings  ·  272 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Kay Hooper takes readers on a terrifying manhunt for a serial killer even the Special Crimes Unit may not be able to stop.

Dani Justice knows all about monsters. They haunt her dreams—and her life. But she never expected to find herself on the trail of a real flesh-and-blood predator so cunning that he’s eluded the best law enforcement co
Published December 31st 2007 by Random House

Alex is The Romance Fox
Blood Dreams is the 10th book in Kay Hooper’s Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Series about a group of psychics that solve serial killer crimes.

This is the book that introduces Haven, a private organization that was set up by millionaire John Garrett and his psychic wife, Maggie Barnes to help psychics with dealing with their powers and whilst they work along with the Special Crimes Unit, they are in no way affiliated to the FBI.

Dani Justice, whose psychic ability is that she can often predict the fut
Chloe
Jun 24, 2016 Chloe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Kay Hooper books and have followed the Bishop series . This book was an ok read for me but left a lot of unanswered questions in the end . I guess I will have to read all the three books to decide whether I like this trilogy or not .I really didn't feel the connection between the protagonists in the book and it felt a little rushed but I hope the other 2 books would give a satisfying end to this trilogy
Susan
Feb 13, 2013 Susan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
not very good. This is one in a continuing series of psychic mysteries. Hooper has nothing new to say; no new angles on the stories; no intriguing characters. She is simply rewriting previous books. In addition, she repeats pages of dialogue 4-5 times, which is just an indication of how lazy the author was in writing it.
Merredith
This is #10 in the Bishop Special crimes units series and #1 in the sub blood trilogy. I love this series, it's about an FBI unit that is made up of agents with special powers, psychic powers, and now there is also a civilian side, run by the same man, for people who don't work well with all those rules. So, XMen, kinda, and Bishop is Professor Xavier. The people's powers are starting to change and evolve, from using and pushing them so much, and being around other powerful people. And all this ...more
Duca Blueheart
Romanian review:

Aceasta este cartea primului an al meu de studentie. Inca imi amintesc cum stateam in patul de sus al camerei de camin si citeam cu sufletul ca gura ceeace Kay Hooper descria cum ca ar exista in politia SUA o factiune dedicata persoanelor cu abilitti paranormale.

Personajul principal, Dani Justice, este o tanara detectiv care se implica intr-un caz al crimelor inlantuite. Si vazandu-se nevoita sa-si urmeze viziunile se trezeste inapoi in orasul sau natal, unde o asteapta o gramada
Rebecca Delio
Sep 12, 2015 Rebecca Delio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved This Book

I have read books written by Kay Hooper for years, when she started the Bishop Special Crimes Unit books I fell in love. These books are very special, Bishop his wife Miranda and the whole crew make for a very good series. I hope Ms. Hooper puts Miranda's sister in a story, she is also special.
Alyssa
Sep 30, 2010 Alyssa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Kay Hooper book and I was very intrigued by the concept of a psychic FBI team hunting down a serial killer. However, the story fell flat for me. I really had high hopes for this series but now I'm just not sure if I want to continue with the rest of them. I must admit my expectations were a little high (I wanted something comparable to the In Death series) and maybe I expected to much but to me the story was too rushed and the character development was just not as good as it co ...more
Elaine Mcdonald
I don't like cliffhangers. It took forever for me to stay interested long enough to finish this book.
Linda
Jul 29, 2009 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book by Kay Hooper. This was the first in a series of 3. She rights a lot of her books that way. I don't think I'm up for the other 2 right now but I'll catch them later.
I like the Special Crimes Unit and the fact that the people all have different types of psychic ability. There was some suspense and thrills but at times I had problems figuring out what was going on within the story. Oh course there is a romance which I can take or leave but evidently these are a most fo
Jennifer Lara
Blood Dreams by Kay Hooper is a mystery thriller which features Dani and Paris, identical twin sisters who have psychic abilities. They work for a private organization called Haven which is often used as special consultants with the FBI’s Special Crimes Unit (SCU), run by Special Agent Noah Bishop. A serial killer is on the loose and has come to the small town of Venture. The local police department as well as the FBI work with Dani and Paris to solve the cases of missing persons while trying to ...more
Sheila Melo
Sep 16, 2014 Sheila Melo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Start of the Blood Trilogy

BLOOD DREAMS is a continuation of Hooper's Special Crimes Unit Series about Noah Bishop and his FBI unit of agents with paranormal talents. Over the books of the series, Bishop has also managed to find allies to build a civilian version of the unit called Haven. BLOOD DREAMS brings the two groups together.

THE STORY: Dani Justice dreams about bad stuff. Bad stuff that happens. She works for Haven along with her twin sister. She has returned to her hometown because of a b
Bethany C
I thought I had read Hooper before and liked her writing- this book was a HUGE disappointment. The dialogue was so ridiculously contrived that I raced through it just to see what happens at the end...only to find that it's a trilogy. I am not going to read 2 more books I'm sure not to like just to find out. I really wish that all books that were part of a series would say so in an obvious place on one of the covers (and which number in the series it is.) This was a complete TIME WASTER.
Ruby Bailey
Jun 16, 2016 Ruby Bailey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series
Brenda
Jan 12, 2009 Brenda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a tough time getting through this book. It shocked and saddened me....LOL Kay Hooper is one of my all time favorite authors. But this book seemed to drag and I got to the point to where I just didn't care about the main female character. I just wanted to get to the end which seemed a bit anti climatic to me.
Janice
Jul 16, 2008 Janice rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm very disappointed in this novel by Hooper. Usually her stories are so engaging but this one left little to the imagination and there was too much dialogue between the characters. Sometimes, it felt dull and monotonous. Not at all my favorite from the Bishop/SCU Series, that's for sure.
Shirley
Jul 02, 2014 Shirley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too long and boring. I like Hooper's books, but this one didn't do it for me. Sometimes I found myself losing interest, but once I start a book I like to finish it. I guess the psychic thing not my cup of tea.
Diane
Dec 31, 2014 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first of one of the trilogies within the Bishop file series and it was very good. Haven and the FBI's special psychic crime unit are united to find one of the worst serial killer's in history moving from Boston to a small town.

Dani and Paris Justice are identical twins and share abilities although Dani is the strongest. When the killing rampage hits too close the teams unite to take this monster down.

The ending does kind of lead into the next in the series but you could read it as a
Lilyth
Bello e particolare, in quanto molto incentrato sul lato paranormale dell'indagine.
A tratti soffocante e claustrofobico, a tratti crudo ma grazie alle battute di Hollis e alla presenza di Jordan si stempera un po' la tensione in alcune parti.
Un vero peccato che non siano stati pubblicati gli altri due libri della trilogia, leggere solo questo lascia una sensazione di incompiuto, come se mancasse qualcosa. So che fa parte di una serie più ampia edita solo in parte in Italia, che non ho letto, ma
Jamie
Anita
Blood Dreams has a fantastically gory, bloody start and actually made me wonder whether the previous Kay Hooper Bishop/SCU books had been this gory. I recall them having emotionally trying themes that gave you a sense of depressed horror that such atrocities could occur (because even without the paranormal aspects, the kinds of crimes depicted in these books are entirely possible). And so it makes you really think.

But Blood Dreams definitely gave me a start with the bloody mess of a murder crime
Kris - My Novelesque Life
2.5 STARS

"This killer dreams in shades of death….

In each of her New York Times bestselling novels, critically acclaimed author Kay Hooper has led readers to unforgettably chilling encounters with fear and evil. Now, in her latest thriller, she takes us on a terrifying manhunt for a serial killer no ordinary cops can stop - a psychopath who seems to step out of a living nightmare.

He's the kind of killer we instinctively fear the most. A killer without boundaries, without conscience, without any f
Betty
May 10, 2014 Betty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Blood Dreams (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit)
By Kay Hooper
Bantam
December 2008

A Bishop Special Crimes Unit Novel

With a new director of the FBI, Noah Bishop’s Special Crime Unit is not getting the support it once did. Therefore, Noah and his wife, Miranda, are recruiting women that didn’t make the “A” Team for some reason, but have superior psychic abilities. This new, all female team with exceptional talents work for a privately run civilian group known as Haven.

Dani Justice can foretell the future
Carl Alves
In Blood Dreams, the daughter of a US senator is kidnapped by a serial killer. Noah Bishop's FBI Special Crimes Unit is enlisted to find her. To capture this killer he has taken on the help of Dani Jacobs, who is really the main protagonist in the story. Her special skill is being able to dream of what is going to occur in the future, a pretty cool and useful skill to have. The most vivid aspects of the story are these dreams, which tend to be fairly horrific. The biggest drawback of the story i ...more
Julia
Apr 02, 2013 Julia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kay Hooper is one of my "go to" authors. Always enjoyable to read. This book was good, but I kept feeling like I had read it already. Maybe because I have previously read Blood Sins and Blood Ties, the two books which follow this one. I really should try harder to read series in order.

This book featured a very creepy serial killer. The heroine, Dani, kept having dreams about the final confrontation with the killer, so a lot of time was spent on her dreams. I liked watching the evolution of Dani'
~Leslie~
Jul 01, 2012 ~Leslie~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first in a trilogy but #10 in a series about a paranormal unit of the FBI. It wasn't too hard to get into the flow of what's been happening before, so I didn't feel like I missed too much. I always like stories about paranormal detectives and it was no different for this book. I actually give it 3.5 stars. Dani is a psychic with a twin. They are both part of a private investigation group that is linked with a special unit of the FBI. The groups have been investigating a series of mur ...more
Louise
Apr 10, 2009 Louise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love Kay Hooper's novels!!

From back cover:

"He's the kind of killer we instinctively fear the most. A killer without boundaries, conscience, or fear of being caught. And his latest victim is terrifying proof that no one is safe: the daughter of a powerful U.S. senator.

Now, Bishop and his FBI Special Crimes Unit find themselves in a unique situation. Aid comes in the form of a fledgling civilian organization of unorthodox crime stoppers. Operating outside of any government oversight, they are com
Sandra
Um livro surpreendente que não é nada do que estava a pensar. Com uma sensação de terror e suspense, que prevalece em cerca de 80% do livro, e com muitos elementos do sobrenatural, este livro irá com certeza arrepiar qualquer leitor.

Um assassino em série aterrorizou a cidade de Boston com os seus crimes inexplicavelmente impecáveis - sem rasto, sem testemunhas, sem aviso e sobretudo a decorrer a uma velocidade que nem a equipa da Unidade de Crimes Especiais auxiliada pela Haven - uma rede de pes
Jennifer Wardrip
Although this isn't my favorite story in the Bishop/SCU series, I still found it to be a quick, engaging read.

Dani has come home to Venture, Georgia, to comfort her twin sister, Paris, after her divorce. Or so she says. Both women know that there's really another reason that Dani has finally come home.

These sisters share a bond even closer than the normal one between twins, because they both possess psychic abilities. And Dani has been having dream visions that tell her an evil is coming to Vent
Ana T.
I really enjoy Reading Kay Hooper's books in the Bishop CSU series. This one, however, didn't feel as fresh and engaging as some of her other titles. That's is probably why, a couple of weeks after having read it, I am struggling to remembre the story.

Sadly, because I really like him, we have very little of Bishop in this one. Most of the story is spent watching the serial killer's actions (a bit creepy I have to say) or inside Dani's dreams. It felt to me that we get more of the killers actions
Kristen
I like Kay Hooper in general, and in particular the Bishop "Special Crime Unit" books, of which this is one.

In this outing, a particularly sick and vicious serial killer is on the loose. Bishop and team have determined that the killer may have paranormal abilities, making him even more dangerous than the "typical" serial killer.

Dani, one of the members of the Haven sub group of the SCU seems to have a connection to the killer and is trying to use her vision dreams to figure out how to catch him.
Around the Year i...: Blood Dreams, by Kay Hooper 2 14 Jun 06, 2016 12:20PM
Very cool addition to the books! 4 30 Oct 28, 2013 12:35PM
  • Deadly Night (Flynn Brothers, #1)
  • Quicksand (Eve Duncan, #8)
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Dead Wrong (Dead #1; John Mancini #3)
  • Truth or Dare (Whispering Springs, #2)
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan
More about Kay Hooper...

Bishop/Special Crimes Unit (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Stealing Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #1)
  • Hiding in the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #2)
  • Out of the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #3)
  • Touching Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #4)
  • Whisper of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #5)
  • Sense of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #6)
  • Hunting Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #7)
  • Chill of Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #8)
  • Sleeping with Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #9)
  • Blood Sins (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #11)