Start by marking “The Misfits (Trueblood #4)” as Want to Read:
The Misfits (Trueblood #4)

The Misfits (Trueblood #4)

It's not easy being a faerie. Holly would know. She's the laughing stock of Fae, useless at magic and has wings that never cooperate. She can't understand why a high-born faerie she hardly knows would want to marry her because she certainly doesn't want to marry him. The mortal world looks far more enticing.

Being a vampire bites. Crippled with guilt over his part in the de
Published October 28th 2009 by Loose-Id LLC (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Misfits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Misfits

Hour of the Lion by Cherise SinclairHers to Command by Patricia A. KnightVictorious Star by Morgan HawkeHale by Marie HarteRedemption Song by Karen Mercury
Paranormal MMF Menage
59th out of 177 books — 301 voters
Beyond Eden by Kele MoonRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesLaid Bare by Lauren DaneDouble Time by Olivia CunningBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Favourite MMF romance
390th out of 555 books — 885 voters

More lists with this book...

Shannon C.
This book had me on the edge of my seat throughout much of it. Couldn't put it down! The romance was between Jay, a werewolf, Dominic, a vampire, and Holly, a Fae. I liked the main characters and supporting cast. There were so many twists and turns, and several scary bad guys. It was on the steamy side, kind of like Lora Leigh. The ending was a surprise in a good way. Overall, a very good read.

This book can be read as a standalone or as part of the series. Books in this series include:
The Cons
Coyora Dokusho
Aug 08, 2014 Coyora Dokusho rated it liked it
The book was good and I'm glad to have read it because I was in an emotional uproar over tattling on a housemate for having a BOY IN HER ROOM. After reflection, I feel okay about it because I tried to talk to her about it before and she swore it wouldn't happen again... and it did. Especially since the landlady's rules say no males on the premises and I live here BECAUSE of that rule (I'd been raped in another shared-living situation and freak the f*ck out when men are in my home). So, yeah.

Any
Fairyblood
Dominic and Jay make an interesting couple. Both laden with guilt from their past they were made to be there for each other. Oh and one is a vampire and the other a werewolf.

At a mysterious party, they meet the woman to complete them, Holly. She is a faerie that makes a mess of everything; can't fly, do simple spells and gets lost easily.

Their lives are intertwined in faerie politics, werewolf harassment, and a devious plot for revenge. Through it all their love seems to be the greatest power.

Th
MK
The story is nice, the plot is well written. The three of them are really compatible with each other, but there are unresolved issues and questions that must be answered, like: Why didn't Holly continue to find her sister so that she can help her?, What really is a Raedaer, how complicated her powers will be?, What will happen in the fae world at the end? Why didn't Syren found out what happen to Dominic and his brother, but in the first three books he knows and helps his children when they are ...more
Julianna
Really loved this one. The main characters are good and it was an entertaining read. would love to find out more of Holly's family dynamic with the demon grandfather - so funny. Would totally read a follow up book that was just about these three and how Holly learns to use more of her powers, the possible baby/babies and how Jay becomes alpha of his pack, etc... Now don't get me wrong some of these questions may be answered in the next book that i haven't read yet, but i am on it:) I also want ...more
Lori Strongin
Nov 21, 2011 Lori Strongin rated it it was amazing
Like all of Barbara Elsborg's books, Jay, Dominic, and Holly are a perfect blend of sweet and sexy. The paranormal elements at play never take away from what is the core of the story--three characters in the process of healing themselves, and each other.

Barbara also puts her own unique spin on vampire, werewolf, anf faery lore, making her entire Trueblood series a Do Not Miss for fans of paranormal erotic romance.

Missyb
Sep 15, 2013 Missyb rated it liked it
Starts as all about Dominic & Jay and sex, then a story comes along. Plenty of laughs, good mystery. Felt Holly was a little gullible, but she's likeable at the same time. New set of characters again, with some tie in to the previous books towards the end. Nice ending.
Arlene
May 22, 2015 Arlene rated it it was ok
I guess I am alone n my opinion... I was amazed the same person wrote this after reading the others.. I even double checked to make sure this was not the first....I finished , the whole time in disbelief...
Alarna Martin
Apr 12, 2016 Alarna Martin rated it liked it
Khothy
Khothy rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2014
Pampulakorva
Pampulakorva rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Luna Sky
Luna Sky rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
SaNdi Shaw
SaNdi Shaw rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Indygo
Indygo rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
JD
JD rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2011
Mel
Mel rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2011
Abby Raveill
Abby Raveill rated it it was ok
Jun 22, 2011
Nertila
Nertila rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
starsaga
starsaga rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Doseycat
Doseycat rated it liked it
May 21, 2012
Tania
Tania rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2012
Stephanie Duncan
Stephanie Duncan rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Holly Pixley
Holly Pixley rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Adrienne
Adrienne rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2014
Elaine
Elaine rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Hannah Bradley
Hannah Bradley rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2013
Marcieo
Marcieo rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Tailspin (Phoenix Rising, #2)
  • Love's Fortress (Brothers in Arms, #7)
  • Demon's Fire (Tale of the Demon World, #6)
  • Missing Linc
  • Fallen Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #2)
  • Necklace of Shame
  • Double Dare
  • Asylum (Sanctuary, #2)
  • The Ex Files
  • Her Boyfriend’s Boyfriend
  • Taming Her Wolf
  • Threefold
  • Tea for Three
  • His Choice (Dante's Circle, #3.5)
  • Circe's Recruits: Hale: A Multiple Partner Shifter Book
  • Fourth and Long
  • Between Tooth and Paw
Barbara Elsborg lives in Kent in the south of England. She always wanted to be a spy, but having confessed to everyone without them even resorting to torture, she decided it was not for her. Vulcanology scorched her feet. A morbid fear of sharks put paid to marine biology. So instead, she spent several years successfully selling cyanide.

After dragging up two rotten, ungrateful children and frustra
More about Barbara Elsborg...

Trueblood (5 books)
  • The Consolation Prize (Trueblood, #1)
  • Falling for You (Trueblood, #2)
  • Lightning in a Bottle (Trueblood, #3)
  • Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)