Eat Well, Feel Well: More Than 150 Delicious Specific Carbohydrate Diet(TM)-Compliant Recipes

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  6 reviews
When her daughter was diagnosed with a dangerous digestive problem that left her weakened and sick, author Kendall Conrad started searching for a way to save her child’s failing health. The answer came when a nutritionist recommended the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). Created by Elaine Gottschall, this revolutionary program is extraordinarily effective in relieving the...more
Published January 5th 2010 by Clarkson Potter (first published December 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Eat Well, Feel Well, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eat Well, Feel Well

Regina
Wonderful book for adventurous cooks on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). After reading the SCD mecca (Elane Gottschall's book "Breaking the Vicious Cycle") I felt overwhelmed and uninspired until I picked up this book. Now -- totally psyched to cook and bake on my usual, minute-to-minute basis. The cashew bread is good, although my dad says they're a bit spongy; the herbed farmers' cheese actually made the stuff palatable! I'm going to try her pizza dough and mango & date chutney next....more
Naomi
I got this book because my boyfriend has Crohn's disease. Nice cookbook to have (especially with the Breaking The Vicious Cycle book by Elaine Gottschall) but a lot of the recipes are too fancy and the ingredients are hard to get (only at Capers/Whole Foods etc.) and/or are very expensive. It's nice to know that you can make something nice and fancy even when you're on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) though.
Beth
Great recipes, our whole family loves. Our son is following the SCDiet strickly, so I try to make everything taste as wonderful as possible so our whole family will enjoy it. Wonderful cashew cinnamon pancakes and blueberry muffins. This cookbook certainly helps.
Carol
Faced with the challenge of cooking for a guest allergic to wheat, soy, rice and chocolate (bummer), I felt overwhelmed. This book saved me and my guest. Appetizing photos and delicious sounding , simple recipes...
UFMG
Really clearly written and thorough as well as fantastically organized.

The recipes are also great- with a lot of variances for people who need to modify the diet in one way or another.
Maya
Have had good results with many of these recipes, and looking forward to trying others. It's really helping me stick to SCD!
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Morgan
Morgan added it
Jul 09, 2014
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
LP
LP marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
syrin
syrin added it
Mar 04, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014