Start by marking “Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness” as Want to Read:
Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness

Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness (Marvel Zombies)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,568 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
The Marvel Zombies come face-to-face with Dynamite Entertainment's Ash from the Army of Darkness! Ash has faced legions of the undead before, but never like this. See how his actions help turn more heroes and villains into Zombies! Under the watchful eye of Marvel Zombie guru Robert Kirkman, this might just be the comic event of 2007.
Published September 26th 2007 by Marvel (first published February 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness

World War Z by Max BrooksThe Zombie Survival Guide by Max BrooksThe Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert KirkmanFeed by Mira GrantPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Zombies!
96th out of 1,371 books — 3,883 voters
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk1984 by George OrwellFear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. ThompsonWatchmen by Alan MooreThe Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
Real Man Books
156th out of 539 books — 240 voters

More lists with this book...

Cassie
Nov 17, 2008 Cassie rated it really liked it
Recommended to Cassie by: a friend
My first and only comic book. I'd never read anything like it. I understand why some of my friends like comic books so much. They're not for geeks. They're entertaining. People see comic book movies but won't read them and I don't understand it. If you've never read a comic book, try one. I dare you.
Frans Karlsson
Oct 25, 2015 Frans Karlsson rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-marvel
Ash from Army of darkness have somehow arrived in the Marvel universe and tries to save the world from the heroes that ars turning into zombies. More fun than scary.
Joseph R.
Ash, hero from the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness franchise, travels through an inter-dimensional portal and winds up in the Marvel Universe. Unfortunately, one of the deadites also comes through and infects the Avengers, who begin eating everyone in sight, thus starting a zombie apocalypse. Ash races around trying to find the Necronomicon (the ancient Sumerian book of the dead that causes the dead to rise and feast on human flesh) and change the superheroes back into, well, superheroes. He gets ass ...more
Ithlilian
May 30, 2012 Ithlilian rated it liked it
I just watched Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness for the first time a few days ago and enjoyed them, and this is pretty much what I expected. Great illustrations of zombified Marvel heroes, plenty of one liners from Ash, and a decent amount of flesh eating and butt kicking. It was really fun, and made me chuckle a few times, but it wasn't quite Deadpool funny, and the plot...well...I've never been a fan of zombies.
Greg
Sep 30, 2012 Greg rated it liked it

The dialog in this comic isn't what I would call "great literature" but it was good enough for a comic combining the "excellent cinematography" of army of darkness and marvel. What can I say I have a soft spot in my heart for anything revisiting the deadites. Ash was a little off but I don't think anyone cold ever do ash like Bruce Campbell. For any true Evil Dead fan it's worth the read.
Donald Armfield
Army of Darkness I have only really heard about so this character was new to me. This marvel team up started out good but then the talking books came into play.

I like how they give the marvels you don't hear to much about more play. Cloak and Dagger made a small appearance as well as Howard The Duck. Overall I enjoy reading these but they just keep only getting 3 stars from me.
John
May 06, 2014 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I hadn't read any of the other MARVEL ZOMBIES titles before, so the concept still struck me as totally fresh. I must admit, I took great sadistic pleasure in seeing all my favorite Marvel characters turned into zombies and then killed in all sorts of gruesome, undignified ways. Adding the Ash character from the EVIL DEAD series just makes things all the better.
I wasn't expecting much from this, seeing as how writer John Layman was responsible for penning those awful ARMY OF DARKNESS/XENA crossov
Declan
Nov 27, 2010 Declan rated it liked it
Surprisingly entertaining mish mash. Worth a look for fans of either.
Martyn Perry
Oct 19, 2014 Martyn Perry rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed-books
Despite a pretty significant plot hole/continuity error/mistake involving two Ashes (one minute he's a different Ash from a different dimension, the next they seem to forget that and revert back to the original character - this'll make sense if you read the book) there's plenty of fun here.

The over sexualisation of the Marvel women still grates, their artwork is absurdly overly sexualised, but it works if only in creating some opportunities for funny Bruce Campbell style zingers.

The rest of the
Andy Phillips
Oct 03, 2014 Andy Phillips rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
I'll read anything about zombies, so received this as a present. I don't really know very much about superheroes and graphic novels, beyond who most of the more famous characters are, but I quite enjoyed this. I think that some sort of knowledge of the backstory and the more minor characters would have been a benefit though. I also don't think the character of Ash will mean much unless you have seen at least one 'Evil Dead' film.

The story is essentially as described in the blurb. Ash travels fro
Paul
Dec 04, 2013 Paul rated it really liked it
To throw a disclaimer out there from the off, I'm not much into films so while I've not technically watched the Evil Dead movies, I know enough of them from almost osmosis that I can understand and appreciate the references etc.
Likewise with the Marvel characters, I've never been an avid comic book collector and the whole parallel dimensions, intrinsic details of various character profiles etc, alternate timelines etc can and often does go straight over my head. I do however still know enough ab
Zoey
Dmitry Yakovenko
Sep 06, 2014 Dmitry Yakovenko rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Что будет, если мертвецы вылезут из своих могил и начнут терроризировать простых людей? Кто сможет их остановить? Правильно. Эш. Этот сценарий видели уже не раз. Но что если мертвецы будут не совсем обычными? Что если у них будут суперсилы? Что если Эшу придется сражаться с зомби Человеком-Пауком, подкатывать к супергероиням Marvel и называть Доктора Дума “Железным дровосеком”? Мечты? Как бы не так. Все возможно в этом потрясающем кроссовере “Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness”, в котором Эш по ...more
Vanessa
Jul 07, 2011 Vanessa rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Much like real zombies, Marvel's successful zombie series wouldn't die. This entry is a crossover with Dynamite Entertainment featuring Ash and his boomstick. If I have to explain that Ash is from The Evil Dead trilogy, we both already know this is probably not your kind of reading material.

I was bound to like this just for throwing Ash and the Necronomicon into the Marvel Zombie mix but this entry isn't as good as the the ones written by Robert Kirkman, better known for his other zombie series
John Opalenik
Feb 18, 2014 John Opalenik rated it really liked it
Add Army of Darkness to an already fun idea and it gets way better. Ash works as a 4th wall breaker, making us self aware of how silly it is that there's a world of "spandex wearing super-chumps" and how they're causing more trouble in this than they ever solved beforehand.

A solid mix of horror and comedy.
Saint No Stopping Us

Seven out of ten. CBR format.

A bizarre cross-over between Ash from the Evil Dead series and Marvel Superheroes who have been turned into zombies. Ash lands in New York just as the zombie outbreak starts.

Silly and has zombies, therefore good.

Bryson McCheeseburger
Mar 29, 2014 Bryson McCheeseburger rated it really liked it
Just good old fun with Zombies, Ash and the superheroes of Marvel. Loved some of the smaller cameos including Howard the Duck. A little light, could have been longer or more substance, but really, what do you expect from a Marvel Zombie book.
Dan
Mar 15, 2014 Dan rated it liked it
Not a must read to complete the series, as this cross over is more of a stand alone. Would recommend this to fans of the original Evil Dead. Was an average read.
Loren Toddy
Feb 09, 2009 Loren Toddy rated it it was ok
It can't be?! Really?! These two worlds were going to bump heads?! Ash was going to do what he did to the Marvel Zombies what he had already done time and time again to the Evil Dead?! I was only to eager to buy this book and enjoy every page of it. Therein lies the surprise for me. It was okay. Not great. Not that funny. Just okay. The cover of the book and the covers inside were the best thing about it. Do I still have the book? Of course I do, though it's my least favorite one of the books. T ...more
Dan
Aug 28, 2008 Dan rated it liked it
Recommends it for: AoD and/or Marvel Fans
Recommended to Dan by: The Callahan Cousins
My cousins and I have gotten in the habit of giving each other ninja or zombie themed gifts for birthdays and holidays. As such, I got this for my birthday last month.

This is graphic novel of a crossover between the Marvel Zombies series and the Army of Darkness series of comics. Definitely very tongue in cheek. The comic does a good job of poking fun at both Marvel as well as Army of Darkness with lots of inside jokes for the die hard fans.

This isn't the best art that I've ever seen in a graphi
Lindsey.parks
Oct 09, 2014 Lindsey.parks rated it really liked it
This worked on every level for me. One thing though, no way Doom is capable of snapping.
Nick
Apr 20, 2014 Nick rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic_novels
Corny, silly, entertaining at times, lame at times, good for a lark.
Ed Pope
Sep 12, 2015 Ed Pope rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel, zombie
I am a fan of the Evil Dead movies and the Marvel Zombies series. It was a great crossover story.
Stefan Mullinax
Nov 10, 2014 Stefan Mullinax rated it liked it
His name is Ashley J. Williams, and this is his boomstick!
David
Aug 09, 2015 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, it is as awesome as it sounds
VAle
Regalo per un amico...

...ma prima me lo sono letto io!!!
Come perdersi quel mascellone di Bruce Campbell che si scazzotta con i Vendicatori&co.?
Ok, entusiasmo da fan del trash a parte, il volume non è nulla di che e, se non ci fosse stata la "guest star" in copertina, non l'avrei neppure preso in considerazione... l'importante è prenderlo per quello che è: niente di serio, solo l'ennesima trovata commerciale della "Casa delle Idee (per far soldi)".
Se non ci si aspetta nulla di più, ce lo si p
Jessica Grant
Mar 30, 2015 Jessica Grant rated it it was amazing
Gimme some sugar. :p
Jukka Kuva
Feb 12, 2013 Jukka Kuva rated it it was ok
A crossover comic where Ash battles the Marvel Zombies. Where the original Marvel Zombies stories work, this one just fails. There's very little of the original stories' charisma left and Ash seems like a totally different character than in the movies. You only recognize him from the chainsaw, boomstick and dull repetitions of some movie one liners. Long story short: this is not funny, nor does it give practically any more content to the main story.

An useless crossover which some may enjoy but I
Holden Attradies
This was kind of an odd edition to the Marvel Zombie line up. Was it odder than MArvel Zombies 5? No, I guess not. In fact it came off as way more superhero-ee than that one (the addition of seeing what doom was up to was cool). I'm not the worlds biggest Army of Darkness fan, I don't dislike it, I'm just pretty much indifferent to it. I generally walk away from reading it enjoying it and enjoying all the superhero stuff and wishing it had ALL been superhero stuff and that Ash just hadn't been t ...more
Heather
Jan 04, 2009 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Thus far, of the Marvel Zombies series I've read have been rather grotesque and mildly interesting at times, even for a zombie comic. However, this one piqued my interest because of the AOD tie-in. I mean, Marvel and Dynamite Entertainment? Come on, that has to be pretty weird.

All in all, it was incredibly and shamelessly corny as one would expect an AOD/Marvel collaboration to be, but still a pretty funny read. I'd recommend the book to any Bruce Campbell fan.
  • Marvel Zombies: Dead Days
  • Blackgas
  • 28 Days Later: The Aftermath
  • Hulk, Vol. 2: Red and Green
  • The Mammoth Book of Zombie Comics
  • Deadpool: Operation Annihilation (Deadpool, #8)
  • Marvel Universe Vs. the Punisher
  • Night of the Living Deadpool (The Living Deadpool, #1)
  • Ghost Rider: Road to Damnation
  • Spider-Man: Reign

Marvel Zombies (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Marvel Zombies
  • Marvel Zombies: Dead Days
  • Marvel Zombies Return
  • Zombies Christmas Carol
  • Marvel Zombies Supreme
  • Marvel Zombies Destroy!