Start by marking “Elissa's Odyssey (Phoenix Rising Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Elissa's Odyssey (Phoenix Rising Trilogy #2)

Elissa's Odyssey (Phoenix Rising #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  186 ratings  ·  17 reviews
IT'S HARD FOR Elissa to comprehend everything that has happened to her. In "Elissa's Quest," she discovered the truth about her father, and she and her new friend, Maya, justbarely escaped a madman's clutches. And Elissa's Gift is not only growing in power . . . it's changing. Elissa could always speak to animals, but now she's able to control otherthings in the natural wo ...more
Published June 24th 2008 by Random House Children's Books (first published January 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Elissa's Odyssey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elissa's Odyssey

Tasha
This is the second book in the Phoenix Rising trilogy, following Elissa's Quest. It continues the journey of Elissa after she and her friend Maya escape the evil Khan. Elissa and Maya are set to travel via river after surviving the heat and dryness of the desert. However, when Elissa heads to market for a gift to surprise her friend, she is drugged and robbed, missing the boat. Luckily, a young sailor finds her and offers her a job as a ship's cook aboard the cobbled-together Swamp Maiden. So he ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Cat for TeensReadToo.com

Summertime is the travel season for most, and an ideal time to pick up ELISSA'S ODYSSEY, the second book of the PHOENIX RISING trilogy.

After making their escape from the evil ruler, Kahn, Princess Elissa, her constant companion and lifelong confidant, Gertrude the donkey, Ralph the camel, and Elissa's new friend, Maya, are led across the Great Oasis by the Blue People of the southern desert, to the city of Alhamazar as the group continue with their quest to r
Tim Earle
Jul 18, 2008 Tim Earle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All readers
Recommended to Tim by: The local librarian
I just finished reading Elissa's Odyssey (the second book of the Phoenix Rising Trilogy). It was great! It was fast-paced, entertaining and funny. I especially liked Favian, the male protagonist. He's a little darker than the other characters, which I thought lent depth to the interactions. What I really like about both this book and Elissa's Quest is that the author covers a lot of ground. It has all the elements of a fantasy - a prophecy, people with magical gifts, a quest - but it also explor ...more
catherine james
Summertime is the travel season for most and an ideal time to pick up ELISSA'S ODYSSEY, the second book of the Phoenix Rising Trilogy. After making their escape from the evil ruler Kahn, Princess Elissa, her constant companion and lifelong confidant, Gertrude the donkey, Ralph the camel, and Elissa's new friend Maya, are led across the Great Oasis by the Blue People of the southern desert, to the city of Alhamazar as the group continue with their quest to return Elissa and Maya to their respecti ...more
Cindy
I really wish this series had gone somewhere because it had so much potential for a children's story. But I find that nothing happens, and so much it taken up on nothing. The idea is there but it doesn't deliever.

This girl has powers but it's not explained or developed, so we're essentially reading about..... a plain girl. The other stuff is all shadowed in mystery like that'll keep us reading instead of making it interesting.

This book is a little better then the rest but the main action part
Linda
Since I hate to tear down the efforts of an author I will say that although this book is well written, I didn't feel that I really got to know Elissa. This is not a stand alone book. I did not read the first book in the series and apparently that is crucial to understanding, at least to my understanding. Who is Elissa? Where did she come from? It was even difficult for me to figure out what kind of world she lives in. I'd like to hear what other people think about this book.
Steffy
I was really happy Elissa's Odyssey was out by the time I finished Elissa's Quest. I don't think I could have waited a year to find out what was going to happen. The second book was even better than the first--more adventure, more cool characters, more danger. The Swamp Maiden crew was something else--Billy Buck was my favorite. I loved the scenes in the jungle, especially with Night and Shadow (black panthers). And Favian is a really cool character. Can't wait for the next book!
Alyssa
Nov 27, 2008 Alyssa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody
Recommended to Alyssa by: A friend
This book was even better than the first one (Elissa's Quest). The only thing I didn't like about it was the cover. (Elissa looks like a Miss Piggy.) Aside from that, the story was great. Favian was really cool. (Every fantasy needs a magic sword.) (I am assuming it's magic.) Aesha Windsinger is a mystery still, but I thought she was a great addition. The crew of the Swamp Maiden was hilarious. I'm very excited about the next book in the trilogy.
Muriel
Great story line and wonderful read for weekend.
Allison
Elissa's adventure continues in this light second installment. It is a quick and fun read in which Elissa discovers even more about her magic. The first book in the series is a must read to fully comprehend what's going on in this book.
Tammy
Nov 26, 2008 Tammy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
Recommended to Tammy by: I read the first one
I love this book more than chocolate, and that's saying a lot. Favian is beyond cool, and Aesha Windsinger has amazing eyes. The story is exciting, and the writing is beautiful. I will be the first in line when the next book comes out.
Emily
Another fabulous book from Erica Verrillo. Her detail draws a perfect picture in the mind of the reader. It's easy to connect and relate to for people of all ages, especially women. Beautiful, beautiful work.
Sheralyn
So glad to see Elissa as head strong as ever. Never expected her to talk with insects, but I guess it was coming. I sure hope that young noble stops being so noble.
Emily
More of the same from book one. Unexciting writing, and the minor characters are more interesting than the main one.
Lisa Pfeffer
Great 2nd book in the trilogy, easy reading and exciting
this triliogy is great book for a book club
Clare D' Lune
I definatly thought this second book was far better than the first...
Jazmine
Jazmine marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Rachel Carpenter
Rachel Carpenter marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Tessa Escalera
Tessa Escalera marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Ryann
Ryann marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Maggie
Maggie added it
Dec 19, 2014
Bookcat345
Bookcat345 is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2014
Victoria Parnell
Victoria Parnell marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Miarani Widhiyata
Miarani Widhiyata marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Julia Gillian (and The Art Of Knowing)
  • I Want Candy
  • Eleganta: A Novel of Fairykind
  • The Legend of Mickey Tussler
  • Grand Theft Childhood: The Surprising Truth About Violent Video Games and What Parents Can Do
  • Witch Dreams
  • The Crushes (Heartbreakers, #2)
  • What If . . . You Broke All the Rules
  • Heretic
  • Dumbfounded: Big Money. Big Hair. Big Problems. Or Why Having It All Isn't for Sissies.
  • A Heart For Any Fate: Westward To Oregon, 1845
  • Beneath My Mother's Feet
  • Camille McPhee Fell Under the Bus ...
  • Poetic Justice
  • Rurouni Kenshin: Restoration, Vol. 1
  • The Deathly Portent (A Lady Fan Mystery, #2)
  • The Singer's Crown
  • Generation Green: The Ultimate Teen Guide to Living an Eco-Friendly Life

Phoenix Rising (3 books)
  • Elissa's Quest (Phoenix Rising, #1)
  • World's End (Phoenix Rising, #3)
Elissa's Quest (Phoenix Rising, #1) World's End (Phoenix Rising, #3) Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment: A Treatment Guide Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment: A Treatment Guide

“Go on with ye! I'd never take a carving knife to 'Lissa's dad. I'd use a cleaver.” 0 likes
“Until we meet again. There are no goodbyes in this world.” 0 likes