Start by marking “The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #3)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Titan's Curse

Rick Riordan

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3)

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  371,511 Ratings  ·  12,295 Reviews
IT'S NOT EVERYDAY YOU FIND YOURSELF IN COMBAT WITH A HALF-LION, HALF-HUMAN.

But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster.

Oh, and guess what? The Oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive...
Published April 8th 2008 by Hyperion Books for Children (first published May 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Titan's Curse, please sign up.

Serena Good to know, but this is where you can ask questions. :)
Jewlz Titans Curse was one of my favorites in the Percy Jackson series

Cara
I have yet to be disappointed in this series. A real rarity in a fantasy series in general.

The story starts out with Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia trying to help Grover to sneak out two half-bloods from a private military style school. Things get immediately messy and they stumble upon yet another problem, or more like a crisis. In the process of a battle Annabeth is stolen away. Something called The General is out again wrecking havoc and as you can already tell Luke has a hand in all this. This
Mike (the Paladin)
Let me open by saying...Rick Riordan, I'm sorry for what I'm about to say. I'm an unpublished writer and I know the best I can hope for is that at some point some will like what I write, and some will well, rip it.

I've not been "real complimentary' of these books up to this point, I gave each 3 stars...said they were what I'd call, "not bad". I dropped this one to 2 stars...it's getting to "bad".

First, I must say apologetically that the writing isn't all that great. I know these have sold millio
Chloe
Jul 30, 2015 Chloe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My favourite book of the series so far!
AriaStuckinWonderland
RATING: a-

Rick Riordan is a genius.

I finished this book with a smile on my face, just like with the other two books. Friendship and family are two of the most prominent themes in this series and I think lessons like those are important for books that cater to younger readers. I find that these books are not only fun, but also teaches the readers something valuable. I'd most definitely recommend this series to my daugher when she's older. :)

But really, this series is only getting better. I did love
Zoë (readbyzoe)
Dec 20, 2014 Zoë (readbyzoe) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
SO glad that I'm continuing on with this series! This book was fast paced and (in my opinion) way better than Sea of Monsters. I can't wait to read the next book soon!
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
I actually found myself laughing aloud at some of the dad jokes in this one. A+ Rick riordan
Namratha
Having celebrity parents is a double-edged sword. And when they happen to be temperamental IMMORTAL Greek Gods...it’s a whole new ball game.

Artemis, The Goddess of The Hunt is M.I.A. and Annabeth, Percy’s “good friend” and fellow half-blood is missing AND in grave danger. Two new undetermined and powerful half-bloods, Bianca and Nico di Angelo have made an appearance. Luke and his dastardly plans of resurrecting Kronos are in full swing but now he seems to have an even more chilling ordeal set u
Natalie Monroe
I've been sneakily rereading the Percy Jackson series backwards the past month. I don't add them to my currently-reading shelf because I have ARCs and other stuff I should be reading instead and if I don't put them there, it doesn't feel like I'm procrastinating.

It's during rereads that I discover the sheer genius Riordan weaves in his work. He introduces important characters in unimportant ways, and it's beautiful. The foreshadowing is unreal.

Percy-fection.

Courtney
Percy Jackson is back... and Annabelle is missing! Grover, Thalia, and Percy must team up with the Hunters (Artemis' immortal virgin maidens) to find Annabelle and Artemis. If only Grover didn't spend all of his time mooning of the Hunters and guzzling coffee... If only Thalia, daughter of the god of the sky, wasn't afraid of heights... If only the Hunters didn't despise Percy just because he's a guy... oh yeah. This quest is going to be just great.

This was a delightfully funny installment to Ri
Inge
cool story bro
Cait Grace
This. I like. Me likee very much, thank you. I'm doing a marathon read of this series this year (although I've paused for some Skulduggery Pleasant because I have reading ADD...I relate to Percy) and I'm really getting enthused! First two books started a bit rocky with me. I wasn't ever wowed. And while I'm still waiting for crushing feels (I think that'll coming in the next Heroes of Olympus series more so than this one?) I'm starting to LOVE AND ADORE THESE BOOKS.

So much epicness.

So many peo
Anne (Anneshka)
You bewitched little thing wrapped in paperback!

I don't know how the books in this series manage to coin 5 stars out of me at the last minute. Oh wait, I do know. Rick Riordan is the master at rocking concluding pages. Or at least he's high up there somewhere in rank. The plot twists at the end are SO GOOD.

The plot
A Percy Jackson story does not begin until a quest arrives. For me, everything before it is boredom and everything after is pure adrenalin. I get so absorbed in the story once the qu
Emma Jones
Apr 19, 2015 Emma Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far this is my favourite Percy Jackson book. Really fast pace and a lot of new characters were introduced which I loved. Zoe nightshade was such an interesting character and I really loved her backstory. The ending was the best part though with Nico, I really didn't see that coming. I can't wait to continue this series.
Mark Lawrence
Feb 26, 2015 Mark Lawrence rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This morning, while waiting with Celyn at her hospital appointment I told her I was going to write a review of the book I finished reading to her the night before and asked her if it deserved 5*. She said it did. So 5* it is.

I picked this book up from Celyn's pile when we went off on her school trip (a week in the wilds) and being in a hurry I managed to get book 3 of the series rather than book 2 (we read book 1 last year). So we've jumped over The Sea of Monsters - but I don't think the readin
Taissa
Jun 06, 2015 Taissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books just keep getting better and better and more extreme and I love it.
Kyoko SWords
Dec 08, 2015 Kyoko SWords rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahora lo entiendo. Puedo entender por qué este libro de la saga es el favorito de todos. Desde el primer capítulo no dejan de pasar cosas, todo va tomando más forma y los personajes que van saliendo y entrando a la historia son cada vez más fascinantes. Sabía lo de Nico, lo veía venir, pero fue un giro que agradecí a los cielos que pasara. Solo diré que necesito más de Hades y seré 100% feliz. Me declaro otra tonta fan de Percy Jackson y a muchísimo honor.
Celine Emilie Lindeskov
This series is so great! I love to read from Percy's point of view, it's hilarious! And I can't wait to find out what happens!! I mean, Nico! And that last scene! And I want something to happen between Percy and Annabeth!
Even though this series is considered middle-grade litterature, I think it can be enjoyed by all people in all ages. Pick it up, if you want to read something relaxing and not too serious! ;-)
Valerie
Really this series has thus far been very dependable. I wasn't let down by The Titan's Curse at all and for an in between book it was very entertaining.

Mission: Save the goddess Artemis, Annabeth, and find a deadly creature that could possibly destroy Olympus.

The Team: Percy (obviously), Grover (wouldn't have it any other way), Thalia (inevitable), and two huntresses called Zoe and Bianca.

It's just as funny as the other two and still full of action. The hints in this book are a bit more subtle
Susannah
Mario
For now, my second in the series, first being The Sea of monsters.

Even though I wish Annabeth was more in it, I liked most of the new characters we were introduced to. Can't wait to start book 4.
Cathy
Got my 10 yr-old friend to read the series and he's enjoying them as much as I did. He read book 2 over one week during winter vacation! We're having a great time discussing the story and even some of the deeper concepts. If you haven't picked them up, do it!
Emily  (ObsessedReader)
This is my least favorite in the series so far, but it was still good. I love the writing & the characters in these books!
Laz
Jan 23, 2015 Laz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers
“Love conquers all," Aphrodite promised.

"Look at Helen and Paris. Did they let anything come between them?"

"Didn't they start the Trojan War and get thousands of people killed?"

"Pfft. That's not the point. Follow your heart.”

Advice from Gods. You should follow it or Zeus will smite his mighty thunder upon you. Lol, kidding. This was another awesome novel in this splendid series which I so wholeheartedly love. I feel like a kid reading this series, I feel like playing with my toys and going ou
Shaun
Ah...so this was okay. As an adult, I'm starting to weary of this series, though my 10 year old son loved all five books when he read them independently.

Unfortunately, this book is a carbon copy of the last book, The Sea of Monsters, which is essentially a carbon copy of the first book,The Lightning Thief, and perhaps that is the problem. Like the first two books, I read this aloud to my kids. We took a small break from reading (about a week), and upon resuming the story I kept confusing this bo
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

My most favorite installment so far.
Renz
May 12, 2011 Renz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Only a dream, but I was sure of two things: Annabeth was in terrible danger. And Luke was responsible."

Olympus is above the Empire State Building, Hades' Castle is under Hollywood, Sea of Monsters is the Bermuda Triangle, How about the Mount Othrys? Mount Othrys was the base of the Titans during the ten year war with the Olympian Gods. It is located in Mt Tamalpais, San Francisco, where you can see Atlas carrying the heaven.

Percy Jackson is back with Annabeth Chase, Grover Underwood and a new
Mariel Zani Begoña
This is my favourite of the series so far

Hasta ahora mi favorito de la saga!
Reddish
Feb 03, 2016 Reddish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist, 2015, 5-stars
Me encanta Percy y me encanta la dirección que están tomando los acontecimientos. La cosa promete.

“¿Verdad que resulta exquisitamente doloroso cuando no sabes con seguridad a quién amas ni quién te ama a ti?”
Ahmad
Jun 19, 2015 Ahmad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this book a 4.5 stars.
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
Just WONDERFUL.
LOVE IT!
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Finished re-reading this (again)! This one has always kind of been my least favorite of the series––but obviously, from my rating, you can see that I still love it. I guess I'm less enthusiastic about this one because there's barely any Annabeth in it, and I adore her ... but anyway. I feel like in this one, the series starts taking on a bit of a darker and more mature tone. More bad stuff happens, more people die, etc. A lot of new characters are introduced––most importantly Thalia and Nico, ya ...more
Who's your favorite god/godess? 41 74 Feb 07, 2016 06:19AM
Dream Cast: Rachel, Nico, Thalia and Zoe 50 391 Feb 04, 2016 07:16PM
Max's review of The Titan's Curse 2 11 Feb 04, 2016 05:11PM
I have a dam problem 1 19 Feb 04, 2016 05:10PM
  • The Inside Story (The Sisters Grimm, #8)
  • Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)
  • The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #3)
  • Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want (Leven Thumps, #3)
  • The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)
  • The Siren Song (Cronus Chronicles, #2)
  • Gregor and the Marks of Secret (Underland Chronicles, #4)
  • The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice, #3)
  • Sent (The Missing, #2)
  • The Shattering (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #5)
  • Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Peter and the Starcatchers, #3)
  • The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7)
  • Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1)
  • The Rivers of Zadaa (Pendragon, #6)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (7 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
  • Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon (Percy Jackson and the Olympians SS)
  • Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot (Percy Jackson and the Olympians SS)

“Let us find the dam snack bar," Zoe said. "We should eat while we can."
Grover cracked a smile. "The dam snack bar?"
Zoe blinked. "Yes. What is funny?"
"Nothing," Grover said, trying to keep a straight face. "I could use some dam french fries."
Even Thalia smiled at that. "And I need to use the dam restroom."
...
I started cracking up, and Thalia and Grover joined in, while Zoe just looked at me. "I do not understand."
"I want to use the dam water fountain," Grover said.
"And..." Thalia tried to catch her breath. "I want to buy a dam t-shirt.”
7519 likes
“Ever had a flying burrito hit you? Well, it's a deadly projectile, right up there with cannonballs and grenades.” 4774 likes