Start by marking “Green Mama: The Guilt-Free Guide to Helping You and Your Kids Save the Planet” as Want to Read:
Green Mama: The Guilt-Free Guide to Helping You and Your Kids Save the Planet

Green Mama: The Guilt-Free Guide to Helping You and Your Kids Save the Planet

Moms today are busier than ever. Taking care of the planet sounds like a great idea—but in the midst of taking care of your kids, it becomes just one more thing to feel guilty about not doing.

Tracey Bianchi knows what it’s like to live in the middle of suburbia with a to-do list too long to write down. In Green Mama, she brings green living within reach for every overtired
Published March 13th 2010 by Zondervan (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Green Mama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Mama

Jenny
Jun 13, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
easy to read, easy to apply ideas connected with being better stewards of God's great earth
Apr 12, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing
Title: GREEN MAMA
Author: Tracey Bianchi
Publisher: Zondervan
March 2010
ISBN: 978-0-310-32036-4
Genre: Inspirational/Christian life/family

Going green is a popular topic now-a-days. We’re inundated with suggests for electric cars, getting new heat pumps, water heaters, etc, and getting rid of our old appliances and buying new “greener” ones. But sometimes our financial situation just doesn’t allow that. So how can you go green without going into debt?

Tracey Bianchi has written this book for busy mom
Christine
Jan 10, 2010 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: green, nonfiction
A compelling, well-written book for aspiring environmental mommies, Green Mama manages to fulfill its "guilt-free" promise with solid, simple advice that's easy — for even the busiest moms! — to implement. "Leaving things better than I found them even started to seem, well, a little like something Jesus would do," says Bianchi.

Bianchi's appealing slice-of-life stories, which preface each chapter, document her struggle to balance consumerism with God's call to stewardship. Green Mama: The Guilt-F
Deirdre
Jul 22, 2010 Deirdre rated it really liked it
This book is about "greening" your family's life as a mother. What distinguishes this from other green parenting books is that it includes scriptural references and encourages parents to see how intertwined a life of faith (in this book, the Christian faith in particular) is with living a life rooted in taking care of the Earth, i.e. minimizing the waste of resources, mitigating materialism (and the concomitant waste of resources), taking care of the Earth and, in turn, other people's children ...more
Evelyn Corney
Aug 13, 2011 Evelyn Corney rated it liked it
Great book in many respects, challenging and inspiring, though just occasionally I found it guilt-inducing rather than inspiring. At other times I was shocked by things that the author considered to be "good steps you could consider to help save the planet" - in some cases I couldn't believe that they wouldn't be considered general common sense and non-wastefulness, but that may be a cultural divide.

My main disappointment was that too much of the book was specifically geared to and therefore onl
Lori
May 13, 2010 Lori rated it it was amazing
This book spoke to my heart. She shares my passion! Living green to honor God and the planet He allows us to inhabit--His creation. She gives you very practical ideas without being condemning and while acknowledging that being green and a mom is not always easy--but here's some ideas for you! I really loved that she included not just environmental but social justice as well. I've not come across many books like this in the Christian world--this was so refreshing! Thank you Tracey!
Lori
Jun 16, 2011 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book for what it was: an informative and practical guide to being more Eco-friendly. There were some easily doable steps that anyone can take to show better stewardship over the earth. I would recommend it, and will put it on my wish list to own do that I can refer to it again and again.
Diane
Aug 26, 2011 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, bookclub
Read w book club. All discovered a few new ideas to implement into our families lives thru majority of book. Ending kinda started to lose us. Seemed too "preachy" even for a book that's goal was to show how caring for the earth is caring for gods gift to us.
Jeanine
Jeanine rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Jacqueline115
Jacqueline115 rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2010
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
May 13, 2010
Pug Cake
Pug Cake rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2012
Caryn Rivadeneira
Caryn Rivadeneira rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2011
Hana Haatainen Caye
Hana Haatainen Caye rated it really liked it
May 21, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it did not like it
Jan 20, 2015
Caryn Rivadeneira
Caryn Rivadeneira rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2011
Stef
Stef rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2011
Sonia
Sonia rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Tami Wright
Tami Wright rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2010
Meryl
Meryl rated it it was ok
Aug 07, 2010
Chantel Klassen
Chantel Klassen rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2014
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2011
Annelise
Annelise rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Marisa
Marisa rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Giancarla
Giancarla rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
A blogger, author, parent, daughter, sister, speaker but most of all, hopefully a listener. Tracey Bianchi has three young kids and a goldfish named Stinky Pete. She and her husband camp out in the Chicago area where she serves on pastoral staff at Christ Church of Oak Brook.

Tracey is a sought after communicator who shares her musings everywhere from Sojourners to MOPS International to Christiani
More about Tracey Bianchi...