Start by marking “Tomato: A Fresh-from-the-Vine Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Tomato: A Fresh-from-the-Vine Cookbook

Tomato: A Fresh-from-the-Vine Cookbook

Juicy and delicious, there’s nothing like the summery taste of fresh tomatoes. Explore new ways to enjoy your favorite fruit with this mouthwatering collection of 150 recipes for tomato-based appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, and more. With a delicious variety of contributions from leading chefs and foodies that include Chilled Sun-Golden Tomato Soup,  Zucchini and Tomat ...more
Published March 17th 2010 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Tomato, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tomato

Sep 19, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
When it comes to produce at it's prime, Summer means one thing and one thing only: tomatoes. It's hard to argue that anything tastes better than a fresh, sun-kissed beefsteak or handful of cherry tomatoes sliced onto toast, tossed with a simple salad or simply fresh off the vine. However, if you have ever grown tomato plants yourself, you know the inevitable glut that comes near the middle of August when you just can't think of another way to use them. Meeting this need for late-season (or any ...more
Sandra Lassiter
Jun 29, 2016 Sandra Lassiter rated it it was amazing
Ah! There's nothing like a tomato picked fresh from the garden in summertime! I have tomato plants upon tomato plants, so was looking for ideas for more than just salad or juice. This cookbook fulfills that easily.

I started with Marinara Sauce. I've made many different sauces in my time, and this one is right up there with them. Some may turn up their nose at the thought of anchovies, but you don't really taste a heavy anchovy flavor, they just add an extra dimension to the flavor. I liked the I
Hannah
Jun 17, 2010 Hannah rated it really liked it
This cookbook is beautiful and has so many good ideas for summer meals. Love it! I usually check cookbooks out from the library, get one recipe, and return them happily. I actually bought this one after returning it to the library.
Julie
May 27, 2010 Julie rated it it was amazing
Holey cannoli, I think [this:][1:] may be my new cookbook crush. I have it from the library but I'm going to have to buy a copy for the bulging cookbook shelf because there are SO many recipes in it I want to try.

Green tomato chocolate cake? Who knew?
Connie
Oct 01, 2010 Connie rated it it was ok
Picked this up while browsing at the library. I wasn't impressed.
Po
This book has only a couple of photos of the recipes (if that sort of thing is important to you). I got it mainly for the "Top Ten Tomatoes" lists written by growers and chefs.
Carol
Jan 09, 2011 Carol rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
While this book made me long for summer days with an abundance of fresh tomatoes I didn't care for the layout and probably won't be using it in the kitchen anytime soon.
Yannick C A Garnier
Yannick C A Garnier rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Tiffany T
Tiffany T rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2010
Lisa Jensen
Lisa Jensen rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Mr. V.
Mr. V. rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2017
Tonia
Tonia rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2010
StoreyPublishing
StoreyPublishing rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2011
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2010
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
May 30, 2010
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2015
Sarah zylker
Sarah zylker rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
emma
emma rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Melanie.wilson
Melanie.wilson rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2011
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2010
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2010
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 21, 2010
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Klubeck
Klubeck marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Ellie Kissel
Ellie Kissel marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Kim M
Kim M marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2017
Audrey Grant
Audrey Grant marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2017