Amazing Gracie

Amazing Gracie

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  753 ratings  ·  74 reviews
When Gracie MacDougal returns to Seagull Point, Virginia, seeking to reform her workaholic ways, she discovers more than relaxation. The picturesque town calls to her, as does the waterfront Victorian house she envisions as the perfect bed-and-breakfast. But one person stands between Gracie and her new goal?and he isn't budging. Southern charmer Kevin Daniels isn't interes...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published December 1st 2009 by Brilliance Audio (first published June 1st 1998)

Tonya
I agree this is one of Woods best. Gracie is a character I would love to be, and I fell right in love with this book. Feeling as if she isn't appreciated by her new boss,Max, she quits her job working for the international hotel chain. The only problem is where will she go?She has no family, and has never really called anywhere home. She vacationed once when she was young to Seagull Point, Virginia. She has fond memories of it there,so that is where she ends up.

What will she do now that she is...more
Jackie Lane
nurmawati

sebenernya cerita nya bagus, tapi terjemahannya agak datar jadi kurang berasa feel nya.....
gw kasih 3.5 bintang aja deh ya....

ceritanya ttg gracie yang lelah hidup berpindah2 dari 1 negara ke negara lain dan dari 1 kota ke kota lain karena dia bekerja di jaringan hotel internasional yang sgt sibuk, belum lagi dengan bos yang terlalu menuntut dan bergantung semua pekerjaan sampe yg terkecil2 nya ke gracie....
gracie berniat pergi dan luburan ke kota kecil yang dulu pernah di datangi nya...tapi beg...more
DuniaFriskaIndah
Kesan yang ingin aku sampaikan adalah aku suka sekali dengan buku ini. >:D< Aku suka dengan gaya Sherryl membawa semua tokoh-tokohnya menjadi suatu drama percintaan yang indah dan tidak terkesan murahan. :x Ide cerita sangat simple sekali, seoarang wanita yang ingin membangun penginapan di daerah selatan Amerika Serikat namun tersandung dengan sang pemilik yang ternyata di dalam novel ini menjadi sepasang kekasih yang saling melengkapi. :x :x Singkat kata ceritanya tentang drama cinta ala...more
Yessyamarilis
Cerita ini mengingatkanku dengan virgin river. Bercerita tentang Gracie McDougal seorang manajer jaringan hotel internasional di Cannes. Hidupnya hanya untuk pekerjaan, selalu sibuk dan selama ini dia berpindah tempat tinggal dari satu negara ke negara lainnya. Namun yang dirindukannya adalah "rumah" meski dia sendiri belum bisa menggambarkan seperti apa rumah yang dia harapkan. Pada satu titik ketika dia jenuh dengan pekerjaanyaa, memutuskan untuk berhenti dan menuju Seagull Point Virginia. Tan...more
Mirella Grace
Awalnya beli buku ini karena bingung mo milih buku violet books yang mana. Eeeeh, ngeliat judul Amazing Gracie langsung kubeli... Pikirku: nama tokoh ceweknya mirip ama namaku. Inget banget deh, ini novel VB kedua yang kubeli, tapi jadi novel VB ke 7 yang kubaca.

Ternyata, gak sia sia beli dan baca ni buku. Ceritanya simpel, tapi dalam dan berkesan. Well, kalo boleh bilang, ini buku kedua berturut-turut yang mengisahkan perpindahan tokohnya dari Eropa ke bagian Timur Amerika.

Just to make it simp...more
Erin
2 1/2 stars, actually.

I don't know that I've ever read any of Sherryl Woods' books before, but I got this one for free at PLA, so I threw it in my carry-on to read on vacation this summer. It was OK. Characters weren't terribly believable or well-developed, but I liked Aunt Delia.

It's a plot-driven bit of fluff--good for a beach read. The premise is that Gracie quits her job as a fancy-schmancy hotel manager when the new CEO starts penny-pinching & sacrificing quality for the bottom line. Sh...more
Mayda
As a summer beach read, this book might capture your interest as you laze under the sun. But once you start looking deeper, you realize there really isn’t much here. The characters are trite and the plot as well as the ending are predictable from almost the very beginning. I listened to this on audio as I did housework, and this book was perfect for that: it did not require much attention to keep up with the storyline. Perhaps if the characters were better developed, I might have cared more abou...more
Chelsea
This was a quick light-hearted read. I really enjoyed Kevin, he was an amusing main character. Although sometimes his laid back attitude irritated me a lot. I feel like at times there was something missing, like we would just barely touch on a character or a characters life then it would change directions and go elsewhere. I don't know that I have read any other sherryl woods books, so if this is normal for the author, it is just a bit different. I guess I thought it would go just a bit deeper,...more
Veronica
This book started off promising but ended up reading more like a chick-lit romance than a regular romance (I don't particularly care for the chick-lit style of writing). Also, I love a good happy ending but this was too happy. Gracie seemed to be the "saving-grace" of multiple of Kevin's relatives and reminded me of a Hallmark movie.
F
Entertaining, easy read, quite a few chuckles in the characters' dialogue, yet the book's plot is very predictable. I guess I am too much of a detail reader but there is a glaring discrepancy in the length of time that Aunt Delia had resided with Kevin Patrick Daniels, one of the main characters. In Chapter 3, Kevin tells the reader that his 87-year-old Aunt Delia moved in with him eighteen months ago. In Chapter 16 Aunt Delia is talking with Gracie, the other main character. Aunt Delia tells Gr...more
Carrie
This was the first Sherryl Woods book I've read. I read about 1/2 way through and lost interest, but at that point figured I'd better finish it. It didn't get any better. I read another review on this and someone mentioned it was like the author wrote the first 2/3 of the book then left it. It's like the author came back to finish it. For ex. the 10 year old girl is in the beginning of the book, then towards the end, she has the maturity of a teenager.

The plot was lacking. Things happened at the...more
Jeni
This was rather a screwy, but enjoyable & funny romance novel. Gracie abruptly quits her job as manager of a luxury French hotel when her boss' excessive cost-cutting gestures start compromising the hotel's quality. Without family or any real roots, she goes to a place in rural Virginia where she once had a very happy family vacation so she can re-evaluate her life & choose her next job. She is attracted to an old Victorian house that would make a good Bed & Breakfast & gets enme...more
Jeri
Gracie MacDougal leaves her high-powered hotel management job in France behind when she comes to a small town in Virginia looking for a change in her life. What she finds is a run-down Victorian house that would make the perfect bed-and-breakfast and an obstinate Kevin Patrick Daniels standing in her way. Laid back Kevin is Gracie's opposite, and while she is determined to change his mind about the house, he is determined to teach her to forget about work for a while ...

This was light and reason...more
Darcy
I liked this one, but it wasn't anything special. I thought there was too much packed into the book, the main romance, plus 2 others. I got tired of what Kevin was hiding with the house, especially when there really didn't seem to be a reason. Had I been Gracie I would have slapped him upside the head with frustration. The secret was slightly interesting. I thought it was weird how Kevin had the reigns of all the family money, that everyone had to come groveling to him. Although after meeting so...more
Shirley Zhang
Everybody is comfortable with Gracie around. Gracie had helped almost everybody in Kevin's life. She is awesome with people because without her, Kevin's cousin wouldn't settle down with their family. She helped everybody get together and spend more time with each other.
I learned that you should give everybody a chance because if you don't,you shouldn't expect that person to trust you. That is why you should learn more about that person and then judge them.
Rebecca Jackson
Books by Sherryl Woods always "hit the spot". She seems to be able each time to deliver just what the reader needs, and makes them want the story to go on and on. And she has such a great sense of humor - I found myself laughing out loud with the characters all the way through this book. It is a stand alone, and it was written some time ago, but I want to know what the characters do next.
Leslie
Sweet book, but I was a little frustrated by how Gracie let Kevin lead her around by the nose. Yes, I know the beauty/beast thing, but she was a highly skilled manager in a tough corporate business and once she hits Virginia she doesn't know how to do research, use computers, or negotiate? OK, willing suspension of huge disbelief. It was a sweet story, with fairly well drawn characters.
Sweety
I like it,
the story make me want to read until the end

duh gw suka banget, cwenya workholic, sedangkan cowonya santai banget kelihatannya, suka bgt ama tante delianya

ini tipe cerita yang sweet, jarang kan gw suka ama novel sweet kalo bukan yang Young Adult, makanya gw kasih 4 krn bisa membuat gw bertahan baca dari awal ampe akhir tanpa adanya adegan yang bikin gw kipas2
Jenn O'Brien
I really had high hopes for this, but it was a big dud. The main character was not someone you liked or rooted for. She was supposed come off as this strong independent female, but I didn't see it.

The thing that drove me most nuts was the lead up to the love scene. Passion mounting, you are ready to go ... and she leaves to go take a shower? Come on!
Rhonda Rae Baker
Great read for a relaxing adventure with characters anyone would absolutelly love. Realistic flow with a bit of romance and family dynamics to make your heart feel warm.

I'm excited about finding more novels of Sherryl Woods' and devour them just as quickly. Her prose are spicy and quick...totally enjoyable!
Julie
I loved this cute, funny and uplifting summer book. The author makes it easy to read and enjoyable at the same time. I enjoy watching both main character change throughout the book. Even though it is a predictable love story it is well worth reading again and again.
Nana Kitteh
This book is one that I re-read every now and then. It's about a type A lady who moves back to America into a little town in Virginia. There she finds an old Victorian house that would make a perfect bed-and-breakfast and the wonderful man who won't sell it to her.
Dwi_eternity Lestari
Ni cerita lengkap bgt,walopun fokusnya d kevin gracie,tp tiap orang punya side story dsini. Walopun alurnya agak konstan tp cukup menarik dbaca
Tp kadang merasa ada kalimat2 yg tdk pas entah itu memang aslinya ato kesalahan terjemhan. But anyway layk dbaca
Barbie
It reminded me a lot of The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews, which is better written and with more humor and charm. The ending of this book was a little juvenile with almost everyone getting paired off and engaged and/or married.
Jeannie L
Although I must say that Sherryl Woods books are pretty predictable, I do still enjoy reading the warmth and the sweetness of the love that is shared between Gracie and Kevin. I also enjoyed the twist on Max.
Kristin
It's one of those books you find out of place somewhere on vacation and your too lazy to go to the gift shop and buy a new one. So you start reading it and find out its a great cute book to read in the sun.
Amber
One of my favorites by Sherryl Woods... actually, one of my favorite "fun-light-romances" overall :) Really fun and interesting characters... it made me want to go to this town and meet everybody... loved it!
Corky
Cute story of new girl in town meets most elibible bachelor. He falls in love, she resists at first, and then everyone lives happily ever after! Fun, easy, satisfying "back porch in a lounge chair" read.
Andrea
Not bad. It was a little too mild of a romance for me, but not bad. I hated Kevin at first, and still found him kinda cauky... which I do not like. He turned out OK in the end.
  • Orchard Valley Grooms: Valerie\Stephanie
  • Here Comes Trouble
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Quinn's Woman (Silhouette Special Edition #1557)
  • Snow Angels
  • Her Cinderella Complex
  • The House on Olive Street
  • Lead Me On (Pearl Island Trilogy, #2)
  • Lip Lock
  • Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy (Men of Hawaii #1)
  • Our Little Secret
  • Footloose (Bellagio, #3)
  • British Bad Boys
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa...more
More about Sherryl Woods...
The Inn At Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3) Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) Flowers On Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)