Start by marking “Winning the Future: A 21st Century Contract With America” as Want to Read:
Winning the Future: A 21st Century Contract With America

Winning the Future: A 21st Century Contract With America

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  265 ratings  ·  23 reviews
According to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, America currently faces five threats that could undermine, if not eliminate, the United States if immediate steps are not taken to correct them. The threats as he sees them are Islamic terrorists and rogue dictatorships armed with nuclear or biological weapons; the removal of God from American public life; a loss of patrioti ...more
Published May 1st 2006 by Regnery Publishing (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Winning the Future, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning the Future

Godless by Ann CoulterMiles to Go by Miley CyrusHow to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must) by Ann CoulterIf Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans by Ann CoulterSlander by Ann Coulter
Books I Have No Intention of Reading
296th out of 1,237 books — 6,049 voters
Godless by Ann CoulterGuilty by Ann CoulterDianetics by L. Ron HubbardTwilight by Stephenie MeyerIf Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans by Ann Coulter
1001 Books I'd Rather Die than Read
124th out of 439 books — 757 voters

More lists with this book...

Bernard Doddema Jr
I like the Newt. He's clear in his message. His American Revolution books are amazing! Besides that, the problems he outlines in the book are the exact same ones that I've been learning about watching Glenn Beck for the last few years. His solutions are not complex but will rock the Progressives on their heels and hopefully send them back to their hidey holes or root them out entirely.

I think his education plan needs to be taken seriously. Lots of time and energy has gone into this plan and it d
Frederick Meekins
Over a decade has elapsed since The Contract With America catapulted Newt Gingrich to the forefront of American political discussion and the Republican Party into control of both houses of Congress. No longer confined by the restraints of public office, the former Speaker of the House now seeks to update and expand on this set of ideas in Winning The Future: A 21st Century Contract With America.

Unlike the original Contract With America which dealt primarily with political and legislative issues,
Runningfox
Aug 19, 2007 Runningfox rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Yes very highly
This book should be read by any conservative,,,It is in my opinion they way things should be but are not at this ntime...I would hope the president of the USA would read this book and take its words to heart and implement them into his way of thinking and lead by doing those things...
Tricia
This book sheds light on many of the internal workings of our Government. It points out failures and points to possible better options that we should be considering as Americans.
Jeffrey
If you like Newt, you will love reading this book. If you don't like Newt, then you should read it anyway to understand where he is coming from.
Dan
Mixed feelings on this book. There's no question that Gingrich is an intelligent and thoughtful man and writer. And much of what he analyzes in this book as what's wrong with our current political system is right on the money, as are many of his proposals, particularly those for the revamping of the legislative and judicial branches of our government, much of his foreign policy ideas, and, to some extent, his economic policy. Where he, or at least the book, fails for me is his revisionist histor ...more
Blackbard
Although some assumptions are made that are questionable, overall the book has a good approach to making government work better. As an example, Newt suggests moving a lot of the power back to the people as would be the case in a pure democracy, but that has been shown to be counterproductive. Unless the general population is willing to sacrifice their immediate gratification for long term success, then they will simply vote for those who will sacrifice the country as a whole for their local conc ...more
Tyler
I decided to read this book in order to be better informed for the 2012 Republican Primaries in which Newt Gingrich is a major candidate. This book is filled with ideas on how to improve our government, economy, education, healthcare, energy, and solve many problems we face in America today. I found many/most of these ideas to be sound in logic and would support many of the changes he suggests. I particularly agree with his social security ideas and I was pleasantly surprised to agree with his m ...more
Shea Mastison
Newt Gingrich is probably one of the most intelligent, aspiring tyrants in American politics today. His remarkable ability to be the anchor of almost any think-tank; regardless of the topic, is amazing and all the excuse one should need to read any of his books.

Newt is an ideologue, a true politician of the age; which of course, is not a compliment. This book is his attempt to create a New Contract with America; and describe a bit about his religious and political philosophy.

Read only if you'r
Terry
Newt is a very bright guy. While this book is a bit out of date, his ideas are brilliant. The country has taken a step in the wrong direction and partly due to the failure of so called conservatives to deliver with integrity. They did not. Newt calls for action! I liked it a lot!
Mary
I thought that this book was interesting. And I found that most of his ideas and policies I can get behind. But more often than nt, I feel like he falls short in his action to carry out these plans or often comprimises when it actually comes to vote time.
Paul
I was disappointed in Mr. Newt's solutions. While he has some good ideas, most of them involved creating new government/private sector partnerships and not removing obstacles to allow the market to solve problems.
Todd
Gingrich lays out the challenges that he believes America faces and then provides a plan on how to attack those challenges. Areas of interest are terrorism, economic challenges, immigration and our legal system.
Dana
Introduction was good. Historical development of social security interesting. Clearly written. Good insight into authors point of view.
Gina Herald
Newt's brilliant. He has a common sense approach to solving some of America's most difficult problems.
Barry Karschner
Great Book about how to change our Country with specifics. He is a brilliant guy!
Pamela
Oct 18, 2008 Pamela rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Dave, Dade
Recommended to Pamela by: me
Very clear outline of Newts ideas. I still wish he would have run in 2008...
K
Answers to all of the countrys questions/problems. If only we would listen.
Bob
He's correct, but those who need to be informed will not read it.
Gary
My ideal presidential candidate, what an awesome guy
Andrew
Well, if you don't like Gingrich, you won't like this. haha
Eric
Apr 01, 2010 Eric marked it as to-read
Hubby bought this to read. =]
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Fred
Fred marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
  • See, I Told You So
  • Men In Black: How the Supreme Court is Destroying America
  • The FairTax Book: Saying Goodbye to the Income Tax and the IRS
  • Catastrophe
  • The Final Days: The Last, Desperate Abuses of Power by the Clinton White House
  • Power to the People
  • The Reagan I Knew
  • Arrogance: Rescuing America From The Media Elite
  • Letters to a Young Conservative
  • The Heritage Guide to the Constitution
  • The Second Amendment:: Preserving the Inalienable Right of Individual Self-Protection
  • A National Party No More: The Conscience of a Conservative Democrat
  • Freedomnomics: Why the Free Market Works and Other Half-baked Theories Don't
  • The Conservative Intellectual Movement in America Since 1945
Newton Leroy "Newt" Gingrich (born Newton Leroy McPherson) is an American politician who served as the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999. In 1995, Time magazine selected him as the Person of the Year for his role in leading the Republican Revolution in the House, ending 40 years of the Democratic Party being in the majority. During his tenure as Speaker, he re ...more
More about Newt Gingrich...
Gettysburg (Gettysburg, #1) To Try Men's Souls (Revolutionary War, #1) Pearl Harbor: A Novel of December 8th (Pearl Harbor, #1) Grant Comes East (Gettysburg, #2) Never Call Retreat: Lee and Grant: The Final Victory (Gettysburg, #3)