Start by marking “Maths for Mystics: From the Fibonacci Sequence to Luna's Labyrinth to the Golden Section and Other Secrets of Sacred Geometry” as Want to Read:

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Much of math history comes to us from early astrologers who needed to be able to describe and record what they saw in the night sky. Whether you were the king's court astrologer or a farmer marking the best time for planting, timekeeping and numbers really mattered. Mistake a numerical pattern of petals and you could be poisoned. Lose the rhythm of a sacred dance or the me ...more
Published April 30th 2007 by Red Wheel/Weiser (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Maths for Mystics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maths for Mystics

Kitty
Mar 06, 2009 Kitty is currently reading it

I was always useless at Math.
Over the last year I have been trying understand sacred geometry.
I learn when I am truly interested in a subject and can apply it to life and art.
This is a great book for people like myself who see a brick wall when it comes to mathematics .

This book uses examples of numbers being present in nature , art and music making it easier to grasp.

Fun read.
Sammy Sutton
'Math For Mystics' is very well written, and easy to understand. I have read similar books before , and this is one of the easiest to understand. Renna Shesso has inserted a lot of personality, parts are almost whimsical. I finished it, and my son started reading it. I highly recommend.
Paul
I was disappointed. I was expecting more math and less mysticism. Actually, there is hardly any math in this book at all. It's mostly about numbers and counting. Still, if you wish to know what numberical value is assigned to the planet Saturn, this might be a helpful book.
Rob
Jan 11, 2011 Rob rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: magick
Great book on numerology with cool insight into tarot numerology and historical significance of numbers.
Becky
Sep 29, 2007 Becky marked it as to-read
Shelves: books-i-own
Yes, This English Major is going to attempt to read a book about math. It looked intriguing, what can I say?
Jean
Jul 04, 2013 Jean added it
I couldn't give this book a rating. While it made intriguing mystical connections with mathematical concepts, it had too much mysticism and not enough math for my taste. Nor did it provide enough evidence for a lot of its assertions. However, there are many interesting points and connections made.
Susan
I'm stalled on this one. It's interesting, but lost me when it started talking about how I could use the information in my spells. I'm not that kind of gal. So, this gets shelved for now, back to use as a reference book.
Jay D
Excellent. A bit heavy on some silly pagan ideas, but overall a complete reversal of the boring state school lies about math and meaning. Basically souped up Pythagorean and Egyptian Maths. Recommended
Ansaa
Ansaa marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Cartulinas
Cartulinas marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Padma
Padma marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Lizzy
Lizzy marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Yaroslav Gorbal
Yaroslav Gorbal marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Doug Irvine
Doug Irvine marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Benjamin
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Neayon
Neayon marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Frank Dufriend
Frank Dufriend marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Sacred Geometry: Deciphering the Code
  • How the World Is Made: The Story of Creation according to Sacred Geometry
  • The Philosopher's Secret Fire: A History of the Imagination
  • Lords Of The Left Hand Path: A History Of Spiritual Dissent
  • Satan Is The New Cupid
  • Underground! The Disinformation Guide to Ancient Civilizations, Astonishing Archaeology and Hidden History
  • The Illustrated Signs and Symbols Sourcebook
  • The Winter Solstice: The Sacred Traditions of Christmas
  • Wiccan Mysteries: Ancient Origins & Teachings
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires
  • Mythology 101: From Gods and Goddesses to Monsters and Mortals, Your Guide to Ancient Mythology
  • Sinister Forces-The Nine: A Grimoire of American Political Witchcraft
  • The Apophenion: a chaos magick paradigm: A Chaos Magic Paradigm
  • Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
  • A Brief History of the Paradox: Philosophy and the Labyrinths of the Mind
  • Prime Chaos: Adventures in Chaos Magic
  • Sacred Geometry: Philosophy and Practice
  • A Dictionary of Superstitions
I’m Renna Shesso, author of A Magical Tour of the Night Sky: Use the Planets and Stars for Personal and Sacred Discovery and Math for Mystics. I'm also a shamanic healing practitioner and teacher, and a reader and teacher of Tarot. I research and write on a range of spiritual, artistic and Goddess-infused topics.
More about Renna Shesso...
A Magical Tour of the Night Sky: Use the Planets and Stars for Personal and Sacred Discovery Planets for Pagans: Use the Planets and Stars for Personal and Sacred Discovery Planets for Pagans: Sacred Sites, Ancient Lore, and Magical Stargazing Candle Magick II: Beginnings, blessings & healings Math for Mystics: From the Fibonacci sequence to Luna's Labyrinth to the Golden Section and Other Secrets of Sacred Geometry